Forums

Topic: Bioshock Trilogy Nintendo Switch

Posts 101 to 120 of 158

NintendoByNature

@Xyphon22 Thats how I was too with the first game. I didn't like it all that much enough to buy the trilogy. But I think ill grab borderlands collection instead

NintendoByNature

Xyphon22

@NintendoByNature I went ahead and got the trilogy because I've wanted to play it for so long, and I'm sure I will still enjoy it, but it sounds like Infinite might be the one I enjoy the most simply because of the setting. I try not to learn too much about games I am interested in playing eventually, and I was honestly expecting Rapture to be more deserted and less gruesome with so many maniacal surgeons and grotesque crucified corpses everywhere. That doctor that is basically the first boss battle was over-the-top. I'm still enjoying it and looking forward to finding out more of the story, it's just not exactly what I was expecting going in.
@WoomyNNYes Yep, a little bit.

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

NintendoByNature

@Xyphon22 let me know how you enjoy the other 2 then. Maybe I'll pick them up down the line.

NintendoByNature

Xyphon22

@NintendoByNature I will in about a year which is probably when I will finally beat the first one.

Xyphon22

infofrog

I played all 3 on PS4 . loved the series .
Rick

infofrog

Xyphon22

@NintendoByNature Gotcha. I tend to take awhile because I like to explore everything, so we'll see. I got the camera last night and took 1 of 3 pictures needed before returning to Peach or whoever before I got too tired and stopped. I never really reached that "dread" feeling, though, maybe because hacked turrets and cameras took care of all the enemies for me so I didn't have to face many of them myself. If only I could just hack the Big Daddys everything would be so much better.

Xyphon22

jump

I really like how horribly creepy the music is on these games, especially on the second one. I normally like to play games with my own music on or listen to a podcast at the same time but I choose not to with Bioshock as I would miss too much of the atmosphere.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

zool

Just finished Bioshock.
Which is better Bioshock 2 or Bioshock Infinite?

I would give Bioshock a generous 8/10. It was good but fell away after the first few hours to become a bit repetitious. It does suffer from the lack of giro which made the choice of weapons limited.

Is there much improvement in 2 or is it best to skip to 3. The gameplay is more important than a story, which I did not follow to much. 🤔

Edited on by zool

zool

Tasuki

@zool I would say Infinite is better. Two isn't bad just kinda felt like it should have been DLC for the first one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

jump

@zoolo

Infinite has the bigger transition from the first game. Infinite is alot brighter after the darkness of the first two due to a new setting, the weapons are better than 2's but the powers aren't as good.

Infinite has a better "plot" than the first two as they relied on atmosphere but personally I'd rate 2 as having the best "story" and is really a great at adding to the first game. It might be wasted on you since you didn't get into it though.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Xyphon22

Is it just me, or does Bioshock have the absolute worst map in the history of games? I got to Arcadia last night, and the entire map is filled with red arrows going all over the place trying to connect different rooms. Why not just have them connected on the map? And I would walk about 5 feet and my arrow on the map would be in a completely different place, but not anywhere that was connected to where I just was by an arrow. It was really confusing, but fortunately I made it through it okay (I'm not done yet, but I don't have much left).

There was also one hilarious part where a room had a turret on either side of it. I went and hacked one turret and then the two of them just started shooting at each other! I didn't know that a turret would see another turret as an enemy, but it was pretty cool.

Xyphon22

jump

@Xyphon22 I never really use the map as you have the arrow at the top of screen telling you where to go next and if I'm exploring or backtracking then I don't really want to use it.

It's normally the drones attacking the torrents I worry about, I want to hack the torrent for defending the Little Sisters but the drones are off trying to fight it and are getting blown up.

Nicolai wrote:

Xyphon22

@jump Yeah, I think the battle finally ended because there was a security camera right by the un-hacked turret. When I hacked the camera, it sent drones after the turret and destroyed it. All-in-all, that was a fun room.

I am always looking at the map just because I don't want to miss anything, so I want to confirm that I've been everywhere. And do you have to defend the Little Sisters? I thrown mines and frag grenades at Big Daddys with the Little Sisters right there, and nothing ever happens to them. I also killed two Big Daddys fairly easily last night, so that is getting easier. And the hindrance of saving the Little Sisters rather than harvesting them is completely overcome when the doctor sends you gifts, so there doesn't really seem to be any advantage to NOT saving them. I also haven't seen any of the general Big Daddys with the giant drill arm in a long time. Like the last 5 or 6 I've fought have all been Rosies. It's strange that they are like the mascot for the game that everybody knows and is the menu screen icon but they are never in the game!

Xyphon22

jump

@Xyphon22 Ah, ignore my comment about the Little Sisters. I was thinking of the second one where you are a Big Daddy.

It is a but of a design flaw but apparently it was the publisher forcing the developers into the rewards for saving the Little Sisters, they didn't want the player getting punished for doing the right thing apparently. They could of given the option to harvest or save them without telling you would be rewarded if you did save them to get around it.

Nicolai wrote:

Xyphon22

@jump That makes sense. Kind of like how Hollywood used to have the rule that the bad guy had to receive his comeuppance in the end, until It's a Wonderful Life sneakily got around that. But I'm not sure they do tell you that you will be rewarded, do they? I mean, it's not too long before you learn it as you get your first gift after only saving like your second or third one, but still. But I did think it was weird and unlikely with that first one where the doctor killed the random guy that had taken out the Big Daddy and was trying to get the Little Sister, but then she lets you live and gives you the option. Why would she not just kill you there like the other guy?

Xyphon22

jump

@Xyphon22 I'm pretty sure she does, she says something like she will make it worth your while, I remember that as Atlas was mocking her about it.

I wonder why he didn't would you kindly in killing them since he wanted you to kill them? Maybe he wasn't that fussed about them.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Xyphon22

@jump Who knows? I actually try not to think too much about the story and try to figure things out in games and movies and such. I prefer to just let them play out and be surprised. I actually thought that there was a chance that Atlas was actually Ryan trapped in the submarine and trying to trick me into freeing him. That theory was blown to bits last night.

Xyphon22

Eel

Atlas did not care about the girls, and being overly evil that early into the game would've been bad for his cover.

After all, if the main character becomes suspicious and stops helping on his own, saying "would you kindly" every time he wants him to take a step in a particular direction would be rather tiresome.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic