Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 1,969

Sparrow5579

@Tasuki anything is possible now

We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty.

kkslider5552000

I'll be honest, this past week is the most hope I've had for WWE as a producer of creative television since the Raw after Wrestlemania 30. I can't even fathom that we're in a post Vince Mcmahon world (especially since, that's happened while he's still alive). After watching them spend the 2010s ruin every can't miss, must watch idea they've had practically gift wrapped to them, I had long just taken WWE as is, for the good and bad, without believing that the vast majority of it is worth being that excited for. There'd be moments of brilliance but I've largely accepted WWE as a mixed bag, and in the past few years, a good PPV company and a bad tv company.

If there's any way for WWE to bring back interest in itself after 20 years of slow decline, its now.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Link41x

AEW Fight Forever now confirmed to be coming to Nintendo Switch!

PSN ID: Linkx41

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9590-3292 | Nintendo Network ID: Link41

Magician

Congrats to Paul Levesque, he now has the power he has craved since joining the WWE in 95.

With HHH now head of both Talent and Creative here's hoping WWE returns to being...not terrible.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Link41x

@Tasuki My most modern PS console is a PS2 and I also don't own Any Xbox consoles. So I'll have to make due with the Switch.

Tasuki

THQ will reveal more of AEW Fight Forever on August 12th, but so far this game is looking solid.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Sparrow5579

So do you guys think Kenny is coming back tonight?

Tasuki

There's a playable demo of AEW Fight Forever at Gamescon this weekend. AEW's YouTube channel showed it off and it looked good. I am getting WWE Day of Reckoning vibes from it which is a good thing. Controls are pretty simple, you have a light attack and a heavy attack the shoulder buttons are used to reverse. Definitely going for a more arcade style wrestling game.

My Backlog

Sparrow5579

@Tasuki it looks really good and fun! I just really hope it runs well on the switch as that's the only console I have 🤔👍

Sparrow5579

@Tasuki really crossing my fingers it runs well and we don't get a WWE 2k18 scenario

NintendoByNature

Same. Hoping it's a good port. Heck, as long as it's on par, or better than the bloodstained rotn game everyone complained about on switch, I'll take it. (I didn't mind the dumbed down port of rotn so I wouldn't be bothered! )

NintendoByNature

Sparrow5579

@NintendoByNature never played that so didn't know about that. I just hope it runs and is playable

Link41x

I managed to snag a pair of tickets to see Dynamite at the Coca-Cola Colisseum in Toronto on October 12th! So very excited to see my first AEW event live!

Sparrow5579

@Link41x Nice! Have a great time! I really hope they come to the UK one day 🤔

Tasuki

@Link41x That is awesome. I am waiting for AEW to come to my hometown, they were in my state a fee months ago but it was the other end of the state. Hopefully sometime next summer they will come to my town.

Have fun!!!

My Backlog

Fizza

I don't follow wrestling much nowadays, but when I younger I was hooked on it. I would watch as much WWE as possible, collect every figurine I could find and overall loved the spectacle of it all. It even got to the point where, when I played Pokemon X for the first time, I caught a Hawlucha and nicknamed it Rey Mysterio (though it was hilariously a female). That 'mon was the first one I ever got to Level 100 (followed shortly after by my starter Greninja and my mainstay ORAS mon Pelipper) and I still hold it as one of my favourite team members I've ever had (I mainly just spammed Flying Press to be honest which makes the name a lot more fitting in hindsight). I also had a Rey Mysterio teddy prior to playing it (I guess I just really liked luchadors) that was one of those ones where you squeezed their hand and they'd blurt out a voice line. Let me tell you: the amount of mileage I got out of that thing would astound you.

I haven't kept up with the sport much since but I always appreciate the theatrics they manage to put on and the storylines they manage to weave (far more than any other sport I've witnessed that's for sure). So in summary: big fan of people getting smacked around I guess (maybe that's what got me so invested in fighting games and beatemups later on in life. Hmm....).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

XandertheWise

A&E's Biography stuff for Rey Mysterio Jr were on tonight especially with the Rivals episode of Rey and Eddie which had the silly I'm your papi storyline involving Dominick

XandertheWise

Tasuki

I don't watch WWE anymore but I do keep track of it. I thought it was cool that they used Drew McIntyre's Broken Dreams entrance music at Clash at the Castle. It's alot better then his generic into music they use now.

However not pleased to see even with Tripes in charge Roman still wins and is champion. Keep holding people back WWE. I am sure AEW will use them properly.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic