Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 1,969

Themagusx1

So what you guys think of hell in a cell last week?

Themagusx1

NintendoByNature

I still need to watch Rhodes vs Rollins. I watched most of the other matches.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

kkslider5552000

Cody Rhodes is an idiot for wrestling that match but I can't pretend it wasn't the most compelling wrestling match I've seen in a while.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tasuki

The end of an era, Vince McMahon is retiring which means Stephanie will be the new CEO. It's going to be interesting to see what direction WWE goes in now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Themagusx1

@Tasuki well we already saw the end of the PG era already, with Im the last week, so that might be a sign of things to come.

Themagusx1

Sparrow5579

@Themagusx1 I not been watching WWE for a while as I moved over to AEW, what happened that is pushing them away from the PG era (can only be a good thing)

We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty.

Tasuki

@Sparrow5579 I think it's just that people don't want PG wrestling shows. They lost they Wednesday Night Wars to AEW and reshaped NXT and moved it to Tuesday night so as it's not in direct competition with AEW. Then you also have stuff like NWA, and RoH that's was cutting into their ratings and such. From what I have read is that WWE has been wanting to go a little bit edgier the last few years but Vinnie Mac has been against it. I even heard that Triple H and him got into an argument over it. But with Vince retiring now, there is nothing stopping them.

My Backlog

Sparrow5579

@Tasuki I definitely think if they moved away from the PG era and Vince I would really consider returning, especially with the likes of Triple H getting involved potentially. At the end of the day all shows have their ups and downs, I just found WWE were having a major down.

Tasuki

@Sparrow5579 Oh I agree. I was a WWE fan from the Hogan era to the Attitude Era and even through the Ruthless Agression Era, though about 2012 or so I just wasn't enjoying it as often and started to see their B.S. I think around the Summer of Punk is when it really got to me. The constant pushing of John Cena and then Roman Reigns while holding people back like Brian Danielson and Dean Ambrose. How they constant down played their Woman's and Tag divisions. Decisions like that pushed me away from WWE and I started watching New Japan and RoH and then when AEW was announced.

I will have to see how Stephanie and Triples run WWE if they run it like they did in the early days of NXT then I would but if it stays the same stale stuff probably not. Only time will tell.

My Backlog

Sparrow5579

@Tasuki Its interesting because as a kid I wasnt allowed to watch wrestling so I only got into it around 2014 and even from there in such a short period I saw a huge decline, there was a few moments of rise but I couldnt tell you about them, whereas with the likes of AEW, NJPW and others there are more wow moments, like the day Moxley walked down the steps in the crowd when he came to aew gave me chills because you just knew he had so much potential that was held back from him in WWE

Tasuki

@Sparrow5579 Yeah I feel that after WWE bought out WCW they kinda of became complacent with no real competition they didn't feel like they need to do anything big anymore. I mean after the buyout they had some WOW factors like seeing which WCW star would be coming over. I mean when Goldberg first appeared on WWE it was OMG or the NWO. But then you had the way WWE handle them Brock VS Goldberg being a prime example and it just took the wind out of the sails.

Of course then you had TNA (Impact) wrestling start up but they weren't on the same level as WWE and of course New Japan was around but it was a global thing yet like it is now. WWE didn't seem to have any competition so to speak of till AEW came about and with AEW I am reminded of the wow factor during the Monday Night Wars Era. Like you pointed out when Moxley appeared or even Sting, Miro and Brodie Lee came over and even to a less extant Jeff Hardy.

I am curious to see what is happening with MJF if this is all a work or if he's actually going to go to WWE, if he does pop up in WWE it would definitely be a wow factor for them just like Cody Rhodes.

My Backlog

Sparrow5579

@Tasuki It is interesting to see WWE have some actual competition now and with all the ex WWE talent aew are scooping up it shows they are their to stay and compete.
In terms of MJF, at first I thought it was all a work but with how long it's been with not even a mention really I'm not sure to be honest 🤔

Tasuki

@Sparrow5579 Yeah if it is a work it's one hell of a work but then again I don't expect anything less from MJF.

As for competition yeah it's great because as I said before without it WWE just got stale. Plus it's also nice to see that those who get let go from WWE have an alternative to go to and be just as if not more successful.

My Backlog

Sparrow5579

@Tasuki very true, MJF is a great heel and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a work.
Yer definitely, I mean look at Claudio (Cesaro) he finally seeing some decent success after years of nothing

Tasuki

@Sparrow5579 Claudio, Ruby Soho even people like Miro and Samoa Joe. It's just that Vince had his ideas on who's top star and who isn't. One of the biggest problem I have with WWE is how they handled Nakamura and Asuka, those are two I would love to see in AEW.

However according to Dave Meltzer a letter is come forth saying that Triple H is now head of Creativity so a change could be coming.

My Backlog

Sparrow5579

@Tasuki I'd love to see Nakamura and Asuka used properly as they are such great wrestlers! Triple H as creative would be great. I also saw something about Paul Heyman getting a top role, not sure what role though

Tasuki

@Sparrow5579 Well hopefully with Trips head of creativity now we will see that!!! And it wouldn't surprise me is Paul Haymen is offered a job. It seems that in the past he and Vinnie Mac never saw eye to eye as for example the one and only WWE ECW PPV and Sabu in the Elemination Chamber. Now that Vince is gone I don't see Heyman having as many problems.

My Backlog

Sparrow5579

@Tasuki going to be a really interesting time for wrestling 👍

Tasuki

@Sparrow5579 I am wondering now if WWE is going to step through the forbidden door now. I know Tony Khan offered the idea to Vince but Vince closed that door, but now that Vince isn't in charge....

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic