Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 9,761 to 9,780 of 12,088

jump

Fizza wrote:

Triforce Heroes was actually my first ever Zelda game and I hated it so much I never touched the other entries until reluctantly trying out Link to the Past on the SNES app in 2020, 5 years after originally getting TFH. I ended up loving it and now also have the Switch remake of Links Awakening, another of my favourite games on Switch. I'm planning on getting Skyward Sword HD at some point and maybe BOTW (though that one's still up in the air) as well. TFH really did me dirty on the series for the longest time.

Yeah TFH was pish. It always bugged me that it was a step down from the multiplayer Zelda concept that had already built with Four Swords. But then you add worse controls, fluff rubbish about the hero of fashion or whatever and it was matchmaking from hell as it was full of trolls or people who would quit when they didn't get the level they wanted when it was already hard to find players as it wasn't worldwide matchmaking. It had it's moments when everything was working (athough it still wouldn't be a top Zelda game when it does) but more often than not it just didn't work leaving a frustrating mess. Somehow it still sold over million copies?!?!?!

If you get a chance try Minish Cap! That is one of my favourite 2D Zeldas after LA and ALTTP.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

@jump It's the main reason I'm praying for GBA NSO to come to Switch (along with Pokemon Emerald, Golden Sun and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror).

Also, I didn't have online on my 3DS so I played the ENTIRE GAME in Single Player. Pray for me.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Dogorilla

Tri Force Heroes is really fun if you're playing it with a friend or two though. I started playing it with a friend when it came out and loved it but sadly we didn't finish it and I lost contact with that person. Haven't managed to convince any other friends to buy it yet but I'll keep trying.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Buizel

@Pizzamorg Were many "disappointed" with BotW though? I'd say only a small minority were, even on these forums where we naturally have a high prevalence of people passionate about the series.

I'm personally not the biggest BotW fan out there...I'm probably a moderate Zelda fan by this forum's standards, and I think BotW would struggle to fit in my top 5 Switch games (although it is a contender for my favourite Zelda game). But I wasn't disappointed by BotW in the slightest, and have to agree with the consensus that it was a genre-defining title. I've played several open-world games and, to be honest, I don't find these worlds ever give me much reason to want to explore them. BotW shook up the formula such that every moment of exploration felt rewarding IMO.

That's not to say that "hype" culture in gaming isn't a problem. It often seems people are more interested in games that aren't out yet (or even, games that haven't even been announced yet) than the games right in front of them. The industry has a role to play here but I think also individuals need to keep their expectations in check. It's one thing industry hyping up a game that ends up being mediocre...but if people are disappointed that an otherwise great game isn't the best thing they've ever played? I think that's on them.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Solaine

It is always the same with BotW. Personally i have a bigger Issue with Open-World games and think that the trend of just making an Open-World game out of any game doesn't necessarily make it better. I am having no trouble finding awesome looking Open-World games anywhere, which i can enjoy different types of freedom with, depending on the game. But there are less Action-Adventure games in the style of classic Zelda or Okami where i have a clear line i can follow to finish the game without having a million of different things i can do because i have total freedom.
Not saying Open-World games are bad or anything, just that i wouldn't really like to see every game series being an Open-World game as its final product

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

jump

Buizel wrote:

It often seems people are more interested in games that aren't out yet (or even, games that haven't even been announced yet) than the games right in front of them.

I do find it odd that people in this forum will literally be excited a game is out simply so they can be more excited about the next game coming out. You'd think with a game like Pokemon Legends, the most ambitious title in the series to date in a top tier franchise, would be enough of a talking point even if it's just to moan about it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Pizzamorg

Yeah, I did think that CP77 would be the straw for the industry but if anything overpromised, overhyped, disasters seem to be dropping with ever increasing frequency. I think as a customer base we've been burned enough that we should be sceptical of all marketing and even review cycles, but it is so easy to get swept up in the buzz. I am guilty of it even though I know I should know better.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Losermagnet

jump wrote:

This is all very confusing, I regularly read in this thread BOTW was the worst Zelda game ever made but now as it's the greatest Zelda game ever made the sequel won’t live up to the hype.

If it isn't the best/worst, or superior/inferior to something else, it's just not that exciting to read. I won't be satisfied until all my games are thrown into superfluous gladitorial combat!

My honest opinion about most games I play is "yeah it was okay", with like 5% of them I could talk about for days.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Fizza

@Losermagnet A game I could talk about for days? I'll do you one better with a game I have not been able to stop thinking about since I first played it last year:
Untitled

jump

Losermagnet wrote:

If it isn't the best/worst, or superior/inferior to something else, it's just not that exciting to read. I won't be satisfied until all my games are thrown into superfluous gladitorial combat!

My honest opinion about most games I play is "yeah it was okay", with like 5% of them I could talk about for days.

Shouldn't we be making the people arguing about the same game being the best/worst ever fight in superfluous gladiatorial combat to see who is right though? I can't really trust the views of someone unless I know they are able to physically smash their opinions into someone else's face but that's just me.

I feel like "it was okay" about the majority of games I get in a sale. I will stock pile a bunch of digital games when they are on sale and wont play them til 6 months later and then spend 2-3 hours and think it's a perfectly okay game which I like but don't love. Very rarely has it ever been that game I got cheap was actually remarkable and I will heart it forever. I'm not sure if it's because the games I do buy day one at full price is because I'm looking forward to them so I build hype on release day or it's just I'm making sure everything I am willing to buy day one is down to my exact taste whilst the cheap games are the ones I don't expect to love anyway.

Nicolai wrote:

Ralizah

I mean, I guess the few people who really boosted BotW to insane levels of hype as the greatest game that was or will ever be made were a little full of it, yeah, but so are the folks who act like it wasn't an industry-shaking release and say that it did nothing new or innovative in the open world space. BotW is (aside from a few tired elements it borrows from other games, like those Ubisoft-y towers that unlock parts of the map) an almost completely re-contextualized approach to modern open world game design, with a respect for and consideration of player agency at the center of the experience. In that regard, five years on, the experience is without equal. One doesn't have to like this shift in focus, and the game mechanics that go along with it, but it's a revered release for a reason. And that's not simply because it has the word "Zelda" in the name.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

Anti-Matter

Barbie games should be revived on modern consoles and the games should be handled by competent developers. Modern consoles still lack of Barbie games and Barbie like games.

Anti-Matter

Losermagnet

@jump yeah! Maybe they haven't been arguing but, then again, maybe they have (I dunno, I'm not their mum) so I nominate @roy130390 and @Anti-Matter for the first round of gladitorial combat. Anti loves kickboxing so he may have the edge but roy plays Dark Souls so he knows how to dodge roll and manage his stamina. Should be good. Winner gets this copy of Castlevania I found:

Untitled

(This is a joke, sorry to all those involved, please dont punish me. Kisses πŸ˜—)

@Fizza Yeah, it was okay

jump

@Losermagnet I dunno, Anti likes kickboxing for ahem...other reasons so my money is on Roy.

That's quite the prize! It must be a super rare copy of Castlevania as the normal edition had just one NDS boarder on it so because it has 3 boarders it must be worth 3 times the price!

Nicolai wrote:

Fizza

@Losermagnet I feel like I'm looking into a vortex with that cover art. But hey, it is 'Konami's Best' so what do I know about cover design?

Losermagnet

@jump but he does play DDR so he's prolly at peak conditioning. My heart says roy but my head says anti.

After their deathmatch how about you and I team up against @NintendoByNature and @bimmy-lee for a good ol' tag match? I've gotta warn you though - I have asthma, gout, explosive dysphagia, and shin boners so you'll have to do most of the work. One cool move I can do is a spinning lariat a la Zangief or Haggar, but I get really dizzy afterwords and have to lie down.

@Fizza yeah I have a pretty good feeling that it's a great Castlevania. At least I think it's Castlevania...i'm not wearing my Bifocals. (Btw, I'm just messing about Ace Attorney - it's one of my favorite series πŸ˜‰)

Fizza

@Losermagnet I'm not going to lie, your previous literally made me do this face IRL XD
Untitled

Edited on by Fizza

Fizza

@Zuljaras HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO SONIC YOU MONSTER.

jump

@Losermagnet I don't believe you have got gout "the disease of kings", I'm pretty sure only kings have that and you're just making it up to impress people. If I can't trust you to tell the truth then I can't trust to perform a combo tag finisher with me. It's a shame as I'd imagine we would have won that fight.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic