Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 9,781 to 9,800 of 12,088

Fizza

@Zuljaras ....I have no comeback. That was pretty good.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Losermagnet

@Fizza i couldnt help myself lol. Had to commit to the bit. Ace Attorney has some of my favorite characters. Wright, Egdeworth, Godot....and most of the witness' and culprits are great too (my faves are Mr. Redwhite and Furio Tigre, where nobody can tell the difference between him and Pheonix šŸ˜‚)

@Zuljaras i appreciate your willingness for animal sacrifice - it shows dedication. You're next in line to be my tag partner since it sounds like jump is my new arch nemesis. As for Castlevania - I require a picture of Fat Sonic in Castlevania cosplay.

@jump you sound just like my doctor. Okay, fine....it isnt gout. It's colic, the "disease of cranky babies". Losermagnet's secret shame.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

AstralRedStar705

@Xyphon22 yea but X Is a spin off, completely unrelated from 1, 2, and 3 other then similar gameplay and nopon.

I play lots of Nintendo games, and Playstation games too. Mostly platformers, and rpg's. Also love playing multiplayer games with my friends!
Discord:AstralRedStar705#3469
If you want my friend code add me on Discord first then ask for it please, and thank you!

AstralRedStar705

@Solaine I have to agree that open world games aren't exactly better. There are lots of different types of games and that's great but I agree that not everything has to be open world or that open world games are objectively better than every other type of game.

I play lots of Nintendo games, and Playstation games too. Mostly platformers, and rpg's. Also love playing multiplayer games with my friends!
If you want my friend code add me on Discord first then ask for it please, and thank you!

jump

@Losermagnet How did you know I'm a doctor? With you lying about being a King and now stalking me I'm just being proven right not to tag with you!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AstralRedStar705

@DarthNocturnal i will never understand what happened with that game. I mean when you literally have a game in the SAME series with very similar but vastly superior gameplay yet the newest game (at the time) had vastly constricting and inferior gameplay its very confusing and disappointing. I feel like they got a new developer at nintendo who thought they had a "completely original" idea for a zelda game and for whatever reason nintendo went for it.

AstralRedStar705

@Pizzamorg I don't think I have anything else to add you covered all of it perfectly bravo.

Eel

Maybe for the 50th anniversary of the series, we will get a free version of Tri Force Heroes that is actually single-player-friendly, like they did with Four Swords.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

Well let me tell you somethin @Losermagnet ... ya know man, you can have all the leg bones and acid reflux you want dude, but when it comes to calling down the Mega Powers, man; we got the collective will of ALL the little Macho Maniacs begins us brother, and there ainā€™t a team alive man, who can deal with THAT. If you wanna count the lights at the Pontiac Silverdome in front of 500 million screaming fans dude, you got it, but I got one question for you: whatā€™cha gonna dooo, when the 27ā€ pythons run wild on youuu???

I better give an unpopular opinion while Iā€™m here: Iā€™d like to catch and eat a Toad. They look delicious.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

AstralRedStar705

@Ralizah you know I don't like free games either at least for the most part. For the most part because I got pokemon picross and team kirby clash deluxe on 3ds and super kirby clash, super bomberman r, and super Mario 35 on switch. But at least with those games I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything without paying.

roy130390

@Anti-Matter come on chum, let's do this! You and I knew that this day would eventually come and the people want to see a fight! šŸ˜›

Those dancing moves are no match for my ability to git gud.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Solaine

@roy130390 Your pfp goes well with that comment, what is this?

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Anti-Matter

@roy130390
Are you sure ?
Untitled

Last year I made my alter ego as Ice Skate Boxer. I have something on my feet.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

Dogorilla wrote:

Tri Force Heroes is really fun if you're playing it with a friend or two though. I started playing it with a friend when it came out and loved it but sadly we didn't finish it and I lost contact with that person. Haven't managed to convince any other friends to buy it yet but I'll keep trying.

I have to agree with this, I picked up a copy of this game for cheap, and my friend and I enjoyed our time with it playing online together. Co-op can be a bit hit or miss due to the third random, I do remember we both enjoyed the vs. mode.

Didn't know how limited single player was until playing it myself. I remember giving my friend this game one Christmas since he likes Zelda. At least we had fun playing together.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

NintendoByNature

@losermagnet bimmy and I have been the reigning champs since money in the bank 2020. So good luck. When we hit the 3d on you and jump back to back, you'll be whistlin Dixie outta your doctors stethoscope.....BROTHER!

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

Unpopular opinion: I think GF probably made the right choice not pushing the Switch visually with Legends: Arceus. While some truly talented developers can push the system with high-end visuals while also preserving performance and image quality (SMO, BotW, Monster Hunter Rise, etc.), more often than not, the really demanding games on the system usually end up coming with pretty severe drawbacks to performance and image quality, especially when played in handheld mode (SMT V, XC2, and MHS2 all come to mind for various reasons).

It might not be the prettiest game in the world, but Legends: Arceus is very stable most of the time and runs at native resolution both docked and undocked, which allows for a pleasantly sharp image. And I think that's a better end result than GF going for more advanced visual effects and ending up with something blurry and/or unstable as a result.

Like, I just played the game on a 4KTV, and it actually looked... surprisingly good. That doesn't happen with a lot of Switch games, and I'm sure a big part of that is the game going for a higher resolution and stylized visuals over a more ambitious presentation that devolves into an ugly, low-res mess in practice. I'd much rather new games on the system pull back on the graphics a bit and work within the limitations of the hardware as much as possible.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kkslider5552000

Ralizah wrote:

I mean, I guess the few people who really boosted BotW to insane levels of hype as the greatest game that was or will ever be made were a little full of it, yeah, but so are the folks who act like it wasn't an industry-shaking release and say that it did nothing new or innovative in the open world space. BotW is (aside from a few tired elements it borrows from other games, like those Ubisoft-y towers that unlock parts of the map) an almost completely re-contextualized approach to modern open world game design, with a respect for and consideration of player agency at the center of the experience. In that regard, five years on, the experience is without equal. One doesn't have to like this shift in focus, and the game mechanics that go along with it, but it's a revered release for a reason. And that's not simply because it has the word "Zelda" in the name.

Yeah, I really hate when people just call BOTW a Ubisoft game. There's more towers in your average 20-30 hour Assassin's Creed then in the 190 hours I put in BOTW (and they were often the most fun and interesting time I had with towers since the original AC btw), and I did not play them the same at all (well maybe the boat parts of AC4 in terms of being distracted by finding random, sometimes insignificant things on my way to somewhere).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

@kkslider5552000 And, you know, a tower equivalent tends to find itself in most open world games now, because it's a smart way of unlocking new portions of a map. It'd be stupid to ignore intelligent, time-tested design traits like Ubisoft towers, fast travel, etc. just to be different. Instead, Nintendo pulls from other open world games where it makes sense, but likewise parts from them in significant ways to pursue their own vision of a truly open-ended adventure.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

VoidofLight

It makes me wonder though... how are we going to unlock the map in BotW 2? The towers are completely gone.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic