Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 8,321 to 8,340 of 12,088

Zuljaras

@NintendoByNature " I love gunning down my zombies without a care in the world!" that doesn't sound like a survival Resident evil

But yeah they could have made a mode that does NOT require Ink Ribbons like they did with Resident Evil 2 Remake and Resident Evil 7.

jedgamesguy

Zuljaras wrote:

@TheJGG Sorry but his cancel culture is really getting stupid now. She said nothing wrong. Can we get over that?

Social networks give so much power to cancel people just because some feel offended.

@Zuljaras I'm outspoken against cancel culture but as @Ralizah points out and as I was gonna say before I closed this tab by accident, she started her downfall by making a very sweeping statement about women. While there's nothing wrong socially and legally with telling reader 20 years after your book comes out that some random wizard was actually gay all along (and that we were dumb for not noticing), her comments are very strange and borderline sexist.

I'm not going to cancel her though, she is an incredible writer who's talent was a part of my childhood. The worlds she took us to were so vivid, so detailed and so lovable, and I will never forget what she's done for literature.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

PlusUltra

@Zuljaras. Reached, my goal was. In the voltron force, trust, I shall. Infinite, the power of the spiralπŸŒ€, is.

πŸ”₯🌌🐴 I suck at puzzles nor do I like them but can any potential anime fans figure this last one out. Hint: ICP

Edited on by PlusUltra

PlusUltra

NintendoByNature

@Zuljaras that's why I love the later games, since it's more gunning down than running πŸ˜‰

NintendoByNature

Losermagnet

One of the issues I take with "japanese games being too instructive" critique (outside of gross generalization) is that it ignores the idea that somebody might benefit from those instructions. Nintendo, for instance, has tried to make their games accesible to a fault. Those of us on this forum don't need the tutorials, but we're not representative of the entire audience.

I like Resi 5 as a co-op game. Back when it first came out, it was that or Gears of War. I don't know if I ever played it solo.

Unpopular opinion (maybe): the whole "core vs casual" thing is absolute bunk. As if we all started as core gamers, and we always know what's good. I think the opinion of somebody who doesn't frequently play games has just as much merit as someone who does.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Losermagnet

@NintendoByNature Resident Evil 3 for PS1 gave you an assault rifle at the start of easy mode, and I'm not ashamed to admit how fun that was.

Zuljaras

@TheJGG I am glad we both love HP. Those are probably my favorite books + Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Still I haven't read Lord of the Rings. So after that things might change

@NintendoByNature I like both action and survival horror. But the survival type is more enticing to me Going from one to the other feels refreshing

The one RE game that I probably would never go back is Resident Evil 5 It plays like 4 but the charm and the setting are gone

NintendoByNature

@Losermagnet yea for sure. I guess this is my unpopular gaming opinion. I like my RE's more violent and I want to be the destructor!
@zuljaras yea I get it. Everyone likes their own stuff. The reason why I'd have no problem going back to 5 is that it's short and plays like 4. I'll probably replay 4 or revelations though before 5.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@TheJGG I think she felt like revealing that Dumbledore was gay was going to create shock waves in the industry or something, lol. Nobody cares, of course, since the character's sexuality is never addressed in the books, so it's not really a facet of his characterization.

Anyway, Rowling is yet another example of why people ought to moderate their presence on twitter. Turns out that dumping every stray thought that ever entered your head into a social network where they're preserved forever and can be used against you in the future is probably a bad idea.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
Thanks. πŸ˜€
I still have to keep practice playing DDR without seeing the arrows for 4 chosen DDR songs to maintain my memory of the whole stepcharts as during pandemic i couldn't go to local arcade to play DDR Arcade religiously every Sunday.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Losermagnet

@NintendoByNature I like both styles. Just depends on my mood. I really like the slow burn survival horror of the classics. But tossing a grenade into a mob of not-zombies that's been chasing me is rreeeeeeallly satisfying too.

Anti-Matter

Dance Evolution on XBOX 360 and Arcade by KONAMI is way more fun than Just Dance by Ubisoft and Dance Central on XBOX 360.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@Losermagnet I get it. My anxiety goes thru the roof when I'm low on herbs, ammo, ink ribbons, and im running thru the hallway with lickers and dogs lol

NintendoByNature

JokerCK

Removed - harassment

JokerCK

Anti-Matter

@JokerCK
Well, i have the game Dance Evolution XBOX 360 but i still don't have XBOX 360 machine, though. πŸ˜…
Finding XBOX 360 USA version in my country Indonesia was really hard as the Asia and PAL machines are commonly available in Indonesia. The reason i must pick XBOX 360 USA version because Dance Evolution (it called Dance Masters in USA version) was strictly region lock. I pick the USA version with under name Dance Masters and also i have DDR UNIVERSE 3 that also only playable on USA machine along with DDR UNIVERSE 1 & 2.

Anti-Matter

Losermagnet

@NintendoByNature Resi VII gave me tons of anxiety for that reason. I think the first person view had a lot to do with it too. Like I knew the game was going to try and jump scare me.

PlusUltra

I thought to myself no matter how bad gaming gets at least smash bros and Mario kart will not have dlc or microtransactions.

Anime games have long been some of my favorites but once they started with dlc unfortunately they never stopped. I feel third-party characters are essential because when its only nintendo characters they troll us too much despite the massive support.

I dont think we should get everything we ask for because not getting something is a healthy and moral lesson, but Nintendo gets wayy too much to waste time space and support on clone racers or characters not even asked for. I havent got mk8d or smash bros just yet but im very dissapointed ultimate has dlc and microtransactions. I feel more characters as dlc should have been one time they said no.

Oden cracker smoothie, mad monk, and drake feel super essential and its dissapointing some of them werent in base game and as a result not enemies you can fight in story. Pirate warriors 4 is one of my favorite top 10 games hands down but as much as the switch needed a great game at the time i feel anime games and games in general should wait longer to be ultimate versions day 1.

Ultimate Alliance is an extremely good base game, but its ultimate version ala dlc is the stuff dreams are made of. Games and consoles need to wait longer until release or do sequels.
DLC and mid console upgrades deflate the impact and purpose of the pinnacle advancement that is the sequel.

Edited on by PlusUltra

PlusUltra

ok1

@PlusUltra Uh, sorry to break it to you, but smash has dlc.

hello

PlusUltra

@ok1 my point exactly.

Another unpopular opinion: maybe. I kind of wish that instead of copying everyone else with the playstation mini or whatever it was called I wish they would have have reintroduced the playstation tv as the superior legacy device it is with a few tweeks, like digital ps2 game support, a few on device greatest hits to sweeten the deal like twisted metal black or 4, ratched deadlocked, vita version of all stars but with local couch and adhoc support, plus phantasy star portable 2 and maybe a 3rd entry.

Edited on by PlusUltra

PlusUltra

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic