Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 8,341 to 8,360 of 12,088

MarioVillager92

PlusUltra wrote:

im very dissapointed ultimate has dlc and microtransactions.

@PlusUltra There are no microtransactions in Smash Ultimate, just DLC in the form of fighters passes and Mii costumes. The fighters passes are pretty expensive, I'll give you that - both of them cost almost as much as the base game itself. I doubt that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will get DLC, honestly - if Nintendo wanted to have a DLC expansion for MK8D, they would have done it by now.

@Anti-Matter Smash Bros. is really its own thing, to be honest - it's unlike a lot of fighting games since all the fighters have simplified movesets and more freedom of movement, compared to games like Street Fighter. I've seen a tiny bit of the video you've posted and I see that it's pretty much a traditional 1-on-1 fighting game (like Street Fighter, except this one doesn't have special moves). Not knocking your opinion, of course. Personally, I have more fun with Smash Bros. not just because of the aforementioned simple movesets and freedom of movement, but also because many of my favorite video game characters are in it! Plus I am not very good at traditional fighting games.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

@MarioLover92 Yeah I ain’t good at fighting games in general but Smash is very different in that there are so many characters with so many unique move sets that skill is absolutely paramount. I am really... really bad at Smash, but the amount of content in the game still convinced me to buy the game in the first place.

I mean it’s not every day you come across a game with thirty hours of music, nearly eighty absolutely unique fighters, and three hundred plus stages to fight on.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

@TheJGG I consider myself a decent enough Smash player (I've been playing since the N64 original), but it really depends on who I play as. Mario and Captain Falcon are two of my best characters, but I'm pretty good as Roy, Sonic, and Mega Man as well. When I go up against other players though - be it from my college or online, I lose most of the matches. So I'm no Smash Bros. pro, lol.

And yes, there is an overwhelming amount of content in most of the Smash Bros. games, especially Smash Ultimate. Every playable character from previous games and then some, plus over 100 stages and many, many music tracks - it's quite the impressive feat if I do say so myself. I'll miss things like trophies and those Break the Targets stages for each character, but hey, it is what it is.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
I never like rumble style battle when 4 peoples fighting each other at the same time and it looks total chaos for me because who will be win is unpredictable and it's very unfair to have multiple characters fighting at the same time, something that i really dislike also on ARMS (threesome or foursome or 2 vs 2 fight).
I want a fair fight by 1 vs 1 so who will be win depend on player's skill and a little bit luck.
Btw, there was a Street Fighter style of K-1. They are K-1 Pocket GrandPrix 1 & 2 on GBA. The fighters are in Chibi style and they have very animated 2D style super moves, just like Street Fighter Alpha.
I have both of the games and here is my gameplay of K-1 Pocket GP2.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Dogorilla

MarioLover92 wrote:

There are no microtransactions in Smash Ultimate, just DLC in the form of fighters passes and Mii costumes.

I think the Mii costumes kind of feel like microtransactions. They may not be technically since they have to be downloaded rather than just being a payment which gives you something that's already in the game (is that the definition of microtransactions? idk) but, like, it's just a costume. They don't really add any substantial content to the game, so in my opinion they shouldn't be paid DLC, especially because they're not even included in the fighter passes (which, as you say, are pretty expensive).

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

jump

@Dogorilla I'd argue costumes/skins are the best sort of DLC, you're not missing out by not getting them, its justs optional and if you do like whatever it is you can get it.

The costume not being in the pass is taking the mick. I had assumed they woud be included, assumed I got them til one day I looked for them and realised they weren't apart of the pass.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dogorilla

@jump That's fair enough but I think paid DLC should be things that expand the game in a meaningful way (as long as the base game still feels complete without it), not just cosmetics. It would be nice if you could get Mii costumes from amiibo like in a few other Nintendo games.

Funky Kong

jump

@Dogorilla I hate the idea of hiding DLC behind Amiibo myself, I don't want to have a bunch of toys just so I can get things in a game like Wolf Link in BOTW or the spinner weapons in Hyrule Warriors.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Dogorilla

@jump Stuff like that shouldn't be locked behind amiibo, I agree, but I think costumes are fine. That way you don't miss out on much if you don't have the amiibo but it's a nice bonus if you do.

Funky Kong

jump

@Anti-Matter I know you don't like the typical game but are there any child friendly games you do like that people on here would have played like Pikmin 3, Captain Toad, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze or something like that at all?

Nicolai wrote:

Anti-Matter

@jump
I have Captain Toad Wii U version, already reached chapter 3.
But recently i got intrigued by obscure games that i have never knew or played before so if i mention all my games, mostly i played games that peoples here never ever heard or played before.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

jump

@Anti-Matter If you were more self-aware I'd call you a hipster ;p

Nicolai wrote:

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter You could play 1-on-1 fights in Smash Bros. as well. With no items, if you want. Competitive Smash players typically do just those. Also, in Smash Ultimate's online mode, you can set it so you'll only play against 1 player. The only time where I really lose sight of my character is when I'm playing 8-player smash...never cared for that mode because of that.

@Dogorilla Gotta be honest, I kinda agree with you on the downloadable Mii costumes...they're purely cosmetic so I would prefer that they're part of software updates, or maybe even the fighters passes themselves.

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
But, you know... the inclusion of characters from rated 18+ games in Smash Bros just turned me off.
Even without those characters, even there are Smash Bros clones on other machines, the gameplay style itself will never appealing to me.

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter the 18+ game characters are toned down though, since the age rating is literally E10 I’m pretty sure. E10 or Teen.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Anti-Matter

@VoidofLight
I hate them.
I don't even want to see them, i don't even want to know their name, i don't even want to fight with them, moreover i don't even want to use them.
They are evil, pure evil creatures.
They will always be evil.
I cursed and condemned their existences.
And i will never allow those evil creatures touching my gaming area.

Anti-Matter

jump

@Anti-Matter just a word of the wise, avoid the hyperbole of calling things evil if you don't like something as when you do it makes you come off as silly and you become a target for a retort. Just a simple “it’s not for me” will do and saves yourself an argument later.

Nicolai wrote:

TheFrenchiestFry

@Anti-Matter I can't tell if you're some super dense or devout hardcore religious person or a total nut job

In what universe are characters from games that are rated Mature suddenly this evil hellspawn that has to be cleansed by the power of god

Kirby is literally a destroyer of worlds and god-like entities, Link literally fights evil incarnate capable of wiping out entire civilizations as a day job and Pokemon is all about capturing and enslaving monsters inside tiny balls so they may do everything you ask of them like an obedient pet, but Joker summoning a Persona or Bayonetta showing some skin is where we draw the line?

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic