Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 11,121 to 11,140 of 12,088

Sunsy

I know I said this before, but this is how I feel about framerate...

30 FPS, playable. Any game I've ever played at 30 is fine, never had too much of an issue playing.
60 FPS, ideal. Very smooth and fluid gameplay, it's definitely a better experience than 30 FPS.
Anything above 60 FPS, the best experience. Playing Counter-Strike, Quake 3, back in the day above 224 FPS, so smooth! 120 seems to be the new standard, but PC's always had better framerates, this was my experience back in 2005 on my old PC.

Having experience games at higher framerates, doesn't change my opinion and experience on 30 FPS. They're better, but I still enjoy games even if they're at 30.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

Untitled

Untitled

Both Epic Chef PS4 and Youtubers Life 2 PS4 are my Game Of The Year 2022.
PERIOD.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

I never like Game Award because the winner is oftenly the disgusting rated 18+ games and I always felt repulsed by knowing the result.
Also, even I felt indifferent to see the majority of upcoming Switch games from Game Award.
Nothing interesting games for me.
Glad I didn't watch at all and that was the reason I left for 1 day to stay away from disgusting Game Award hubbubs.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter why would anyone want to live in a world where everyone just like one type of game? Enjoys one type of game? It takes two got goty last time, it was rated E but no god forbid that a rated M game wins the award.

And let’s be honest, if youtuber life or epic chief became mainstream right now, it would make no difference to you, why is it because it’s popular, it=bad? It’s popular because that many people enjoyed it, it’s not like the devs just slapped the popular sticker on to the game, it’s there efforts being rewarded.

However, it’s your opinion, and it’s is the unpopular opinion thread, so no use in discussing my displeasure with this take further.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Takoda

@Snatcher In short, he’s not into mainstream or adult/18+ games but makes a big deal out of his own opinion. Like you said, he’s allowed to have it, but the way he goes about it with words like ‘disgusting’ and hating anything that is ‘popular and mainstream’ just make him sound extremely contrarian for no reason at all… and that’s probably pretty accurate. Makes sense that you’d never want to agree with being contrarian just for the sake of it, but he can enjoy the games he likes just fine. Just throwing flack at mainstream stuff because it isn’t his thing, he’s not really hurting anyone with it, it’s just the repetitiveness of his take that gets a bit tiring. I’ve seen him say the same thing over and over after all and there’s not much discussion to be had.

A bit nonsensical but rather harmless in the end, and indeed perfectly fitting for this board : P

I keep buying fighting games for some reason, even though I barely got anyone to play against.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7519-0735-1595

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Society isn’t trying to make you like anything, do you know how many people don’t like god of war? How many people don’t like elden ring? How many people just don’t like violence, sexual content in general!

People don’t like fifa games for its practices, just dance fell down in popularity for idk way, but it’s not peoples fault they didn’t enjoy a game, just like how it isn’t yours.

M Rated games just happen to be more popular with people, because of the person behind them, your not going to be getting god of war level story telling from games like ratchet and clank or sly cooper, and they don’t need to, not at all, the people behind those games wanted to make them family friendly, so they did, god of war, didn’t, elden ring, didn’t, all sorts of those games just didn’t want to do that.

Again dislike what you dislike no one should tell you what to or what not to enjoy, never, but why do they have to be gross just because they wanted to make a game that’s for more mature players?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

Takoda wrote:

@Snatcher In short, he’s not into mainstream or adult/18+ games but makes a big deal out of his own opinion. Like you said, he’s allowed to have it, but the way he goes about it with words like ‘disgusting’ and hating anything that is ‘popular and mainstream’ just make him sound extremely contrarian for no reason at all… and that’s probably pretty accurate. Makes sense that you’d never want to agree with being contrarian just for the sake of it, but he can enjoy the games he likes just fine. Just throwing flack at mainstream stuff because it isn’t his thing, he’s not really hurting anyone with it, it’s just the repetitiveness of his take that gets a bit tiring. I’ve seen him say the same thing over and over after all and there’s not much discussion to be had.
A bit nonsensical but rather harmless in the end, and indeed perfectly fitting for this board : P

I agree with everything you said, your right, he’s not hurting anyone whatsoever and it’s fitting for the thread, I think you hit the nail right on the head, it’s the repetitiveness of the take. I guess I just feel like there is hate in places where I don’t think it’s deserved, but it’s his opinion, and he should be glad to have it, like I’m not trying to sound unreasonable or even just throw his opinion to the side, because I feel like it should be heard even if I agree or not, so I’m really not trying to seem like a jerk that just doesn’t respect opinions here by saying this. And he says things like he feels like he is being forced to like a specific thing, but I gotta be honest, it feels like he does that vary thing all the time.

Edited on by Snatcher

Tounushi

When it comes to framerates and resolutions, I can't be the only one here who thinks the entire drive for ever higher values with both as being a bit silly. I started gaming with the European version of the Odyssey 2, for Gaben's sake! The pursuit of higher resolutions and faster frame rates is a game of diminishing returns, when you look at the arc of advancement from the late 80s (and before) all the way to current gen. Snobbery over 30fps at 720p is a Gen Z problem IMHO.
I still thoroughly enjoy retro games at their original resolutions and the regular framerates of the time. Upscaling is nice and all, but it's not a requirement. That said, if the settings allow for "modern" values, I go for those, just to see how far I can push it.
Art style, gameplay and general presentation are more valuable than the pixel counts or framerates.

And I've yet to see raytracing that pops on the screen. Yeah, you notice it in comparison, but in the end it isn't as impressive as the hype would demand. In a few years, it'll just be yet another element of graphics and effects that's just there. And it might get absorbed into other things. Anyone remember gouraud shading?

Tounushi

Nintendo Network ID: Tounushi

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter You don’t have to read this since you said that your done, I just want to leave my finale take.

It’s fine not to like any of those things, a few stuff you listed I don’t like, I don’t understand how people enjoy it but they do, and that’s just fine, I don’t think there gross for it, like I said, it’s your opinion, and you shouldn’t let some random person on the internet tell you, that you need to like something, because you don’t.

So I’m sorry I made you mad, I really wasn’t trying to. I just don’t think a person should be labeled as lesser then just because they enjoy a type of game.

Zuljaras

@Snatcher I really do not get why people are STILL trying to explain to him why he is not liked

Just let him be in his echo chamber of loneliness and start crying that nobody wants to chat with. This happens occasionally btw!

Only bad things will happen if I start also start posting of how disgusting is that he is salivating over drawn six pack guys in kids video games.

After each of his provocative posts there is a wave of people that are trying to explain to him to be respectful ... and that is happening for YEARS now.

If I have to pick one words that describes him it is "sad".

TeaCatherine

Anti-Matter wrote:

What the hell with the over popular rated 18+ games??
F* those games!

Anti-Matter wrote:

I really hate to hear peoples swearing with coarse languages, I extremely pissed off to see gritty violence.

@Anti-Matter Do you realize your hypocrisy here? Even if you've blanked out the swearing, you're still doing exactly what you hate.

Edited on by TeaCatherine

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Snatcher

@Zuljaras I know, you keep having to tell me lmao, sadly.

I just don’t want him to feel like he is entirely alone on his opinion, or that I don’t respect it, I do, but does that mean I don’t disagree with it? No, because I do a lot. I just didn’t want to come off as a jerk about it when I did.

Maybe it’s just because he keeps posting about it, idk tbh. He kept posting the same thing about the game awards for like here days, and then goes on to talk about how gross they are, like I said, his opinion can be had, it’s his right, I just really didn’t agree with him this time.

Edited on by Snatcher

jedgamesguy

Would it be any different if DDR won Game of the Year?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Zuljaras

@Snatcher To be honest that sounds like taking pity on someone when it is entirely his own fault that people are turning on him.

Opinions are like butts ... everyone has one Titillating a person with condition is so damn wrong in the environment of this forum or any gaming forum

Fortunately, I have zero empathy for such people

Pizzamorg

I don’t see why you need to respect an opinion which is inherently disrespectful in itself. There is a difference between being a welcoming environment for healthy discussion, and another entirely for letting a guy know he “isn’t alone” as he goes on long, nonsensical, tirades about the evils of Dance Dance Revolution.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Anti-Matter

Maybe I haven't say this.
The reason behind my interest with Gold's Gym Cardio Workout Wii and Fitness Boxing 2 Switch are not because of the gameplay, but because I can have male fitness trainers as my partner and I really like when they are shirtless and showing their six pack body from Fitness Boxing 2 and Gold's Gym Cardio Workout. 😅

I have no interest at all with the female trainers since I have different sexual orientation so I will immediately switch with male trainers as possible since my intention from those games are not getting cardio workout, but I want to watch the virtual handsome athletic men as my partner. 😅
I will do the exercises from the games while watching them in shirtless to unlock more game contents.
Pardon of my weird intention from those games. 😅

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Zuljaras this is vary true, Idk, I just can’t help but feel that way, I try not to.

@Pizzamorg i didn’t think about it like this, I hear an opinion, and I try to consider it, but what happens if someone said opinion is anything put considerate, great point.

TeaCatherine

@Anti-Matter I just think you should tone it down, as this thread shows you annoy a bunch of people with your repetitive and disrespectful opinions. You seem to think you can insult things everyone else likes without retribution, yet you get really mad if others insult what you like.
Here's an idea, don't judge games by content you hate, try something new instead. I mean you're willing to blacklist a game just for one minor character smoking, in those cases you could just, I dunno ignore it. I don't drink alcohol but I'm not going to hate a game just because someone in it does.
Just, try something different occasionally, even if it has something you despise in it, there might be things in it you like. As an example, why not try the Ace Attorney series, it's about murders and some people in it drink wine it but does not revolve around violence. It's just a game about some of the goofiest characters ever and finding the truth.
Also, it's only rated T.

Edited on by TeaCatherine

Takoda

@Snatcher No need to feel bad in my opinion. You formulated your points rather respectfully and even accept his opinion for what it is... something he often doesn't seem to do back, reacting so strongly to 'adult stuff' and finding people who like that 'disgusting'. Don't think you got anything to apologise for, and as others have said, it always just happens over and over in a very similar way, haha.

I keep buying fighting games for some reason, even though I barely got anyone to play against.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7519-0735-1595

TeaCatherine

@Anti-Matter But's it not about the art style, it's about the charm. (Also, Ace Attorney doesn't even look all that anime, it's more like a cartoon when it comes to most character's designs)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic