Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 11,141 to 11,160 of 11,698

Kermit1Pineapple

I think pirating old games can be a good thing.

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion and a wembler

Once started a war between Moose and Catgirls

Snatcher

@Kermit1 Emulating and such and such is fine if there is no way for you to buy said game. It you can’t play Mario galaxy 2, because you cant find a wii, or a copy of galaxy, the. Emulate all the way. If you wanted (before they announced it) play golden eye, and you don’t have a n64, then emulate.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it) Remind me to ask jump about those ninja skills of his.

New edited pfp!

Anti-Matter

Race with Ryan was actually pretty good in term of drifting and using items as it felt exactly same as Mario Kart rules.
Mario Kart games, beware !

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

WaffleBoat

@Snatcher Yes exactly! I am an ethical emulator so either games I own or games I can’t get. also if it gets rereleased I will buy it because I want to support the devs cough cough mother 3

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

Rapid fire (also some of these are redundant to each other)

1) most open world games suck and are repetitive including botw. For one to appeal to me it either needs a great story like nier interesting traversal like Spiderman ps4 or great combat like Xenoblade

2) MGS5 is awesome even if the story is disappointing and the story isn’t even that bad

3) I don't like Pokémon I used to but the games are too low quality

4) even though games pass seems awesome I probably will never get an Xbox because I think it has poor exclusives

5) the hardest difficulty is usually the best because it forces you to understand all of a games mechanics in order to beat it

6) the 2d Mario’s have always felt off to control

7) Mario 64 aged terribly and sunshine is better

8) Mario 3D world is better than odyssey

9) Xenoblade 2 is Nintendo’s best 2017 game

10) despite their sameness the lego games are perfect kids games they manage have good gameplay , not look down on their audience and give amazing visual presentations

11) new horizons was awful

12) days gone after being heavily patched is actually good

13) I try not to buy video games on launch day because they get heavily discounted especially non Nintendo ones

14) SOME Nintendo fans have a tendency to view many non Nintendo games as soulless.

15) people only dislike Fortnite because the fanbase is awful. I’m not saying everyone would love it just that most people like me would not care about it.

16) if someone can show a legitimate reason to put nft’s in video games that isn’t a scheme to make money I wouldn’t resist

17) streaming is the future keyword future one day all games will be streamed but it is too soon right now

Edited on by EaglyTheKawaiiShika

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Nier automa/replicant, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

My name is the victim of A holy war where there were no winners

Watch Inside Job

Anti-Matter

@Eagly
ACNH is my best Animal Crossing on Nintendo Switch as I can keep my villagers forever + terraforming is one of the best feature to shape my island.

Also, one of my favorite open world game was Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles on PS4 & Switch.

"SOME Nintendo fans have a tendency to view many non Nintendo games as soulless."

This behavior I oftenly see from Nintendo fans as they only want to play Nintendo 1st party games but refuse to play 3rd party games just because some of them have similarities but with their own contents.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Anti-Matter

Honestly I just don’t think animal crossing is for me at all just personal preferences

For yonder my least favorite part of an open world game is the open world and yonder is only open world exploration so it is the opposite of what I personally want in one that being said the game looks adorable

And I agree Nintendo fans can sometimes fail to see the difference between rip offs and inspiration

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Nier automa/replicant, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

Watch Inside Job

Kermit1Pineapple

Night Vision: See In The Dark is a good game. @ me.

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion and a wembler

Once started a war between Moose and Catgirls

WaffleBoat

Vroom in the night sky is a good game
Jk

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

Anti-Matter

After comparing Mario's voice from video games and the 2023 movie, for some reasons I prefer Chris Pratt voice than Charles Martinet voice.

RR529

Not strictly gaming related, but I still think it's too early to judge Chris Pratt as Mario. The more I watch the trailer, the more I think that little accent he has during his last line sounds like it could work.

It just feels like the internet was pre-conditioned against him as soon as he was cast and anything he does that isn't completely up to level will be nitpicked to high heaven.

The disappointment that they didn't use the games' voice actors is the dumbest thing ever too, IMO. Hollywood has been using big screen actors in their animated efforts for decades (rather than "professional voice actors") & it's never been something I've ever seen anyone complain about before (at least before the Sonic movie. This seems like a brand new "issue" that arose with that). Heck, I could maybe understand it if Mario characters talked as much as Sonic ones do, but no one in the series has a spoken vocabulary consisting of more than 10 words, so I don't understand what people are feeling like they're missing out on.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

VoidofLight

@RR529 I had an entire heated argument with a friend the other day, where the guy said that Chris wasn't speaking in any accent, and that it was just his normal talking voice, when I was sure I heard a slight accent. He refused to actually believe me, and when I brought up how a Brooklyn accent worked due to the lore, accused me of defending Pratt, before going on to say "No one cares about Mario lore", then proceeding to mock me for it.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

kkslider5552000

RR529 wrote:

Hollywood has been using big screen actors in their animated efforts for decades (rather than "professional voice actors") & it's never been something I've ever seen anyone complain about before (at least before the Sonic movie. This seems like a brand new "issue" that arose with that).

1. You should look harder, people have been complaining about that for ages now.
2. The issue is that Hollywood will spend more to get bigger names that then are not as good at voice acting because they don't voice act as much as actual voice actors. It's stupid to imply that any person who does regular acting will immediately fit well into voice acting, when they are different talents (not to mention the times where someone is brought in to be a celebrity, regardless of if they make any sense for the role). (I've been watching What If? btw, which is a perfect example, as its pretty clear some of the actors translated to voice acting better than others)

Now granted I'm not as immediately down on Chris Pratt because he was already the main character in a widely beloved animated movie, the Lego Movie. So the guy can do this sort of thing, its whether he makes sense in this role or (equally as likely) will be given the best voice direction for it remains to be seen.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

Fizza

Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire are (and always have been) a brilliant set of entries to the Pokemon series.

Now I want to preface all of this with one giant asterisk: I have not played Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald. I started with BW and thus never had the chance to play Gen 3 before ORAS' release. That being said however....these games are absolutely phenomenal. Brilliant re-imaginings of 16-bit sprites from all the way back in the early 2000's between character designs and locales, a beautifully scored soundtrack that either keeps or adds onto those classic RSE melodies, wasn't afraid to change story beats up to both fit with the new time period and introduce Megas into Hoenn (which in it of themselves were fantastic) and one of the most engaging and interesting post-games we've ever had in a Pokemon game between both the enhanced DexNav and Delta Episode.

I'm not going to say there aren't problems with it (like how it just gives you both a Latios/as midway through the story and a Primal-capable box legendary or the sheer abundance of HM's) but ORAS are the definitive way to play through Gen 6, bar NONE. I remember playing through X for the very first time on Christmas 2014 and, while I definitely liked it, it never felt as though it reached the highs of my first game Black (a sentiment that has only grown stronger within me with the passage of time). However, I soldiered on and grabbed Alpha Sapphire a few months later and let me tell you: any grievances I had with Gen 6 went completely out the window once I played that game. It's probably the game that kept me attached to the franchise and led to it shaping my entire personality to this day. Is this opinion heavily biased? Most likely. But I just wanted to get my thoughts out about a game that I love that has been getting a battering across some internet circles over the past few years.

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
The Owl House is so good you guys omg
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

mikegamer

Unpopular opinion: Using emulation to preserve games that are otherwise impossible to legally obtain (services that shut down) is a perfectly valid way to play them.

mikegamer

Aozz101x

1. Animal Crossing: Wild World did not age well compare to other titles. but, it did what it can do for a DS game. i liked the game years ago, but after the titles the came out after it. just can't go back to Wild World. However, i can go back to the original Animal Crossing and have a blast with it. (even though all Animal Crossing games after the original does things better than it. like having a storage to put all items in then just 4 items.)
2. I actually like Ape Escape more than 3D Mario Games. i enjoy both for what they are. but something about Ape Escape clicks me more compare to Mario.

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Bully (Rockstar)
3. Person 4 / Golden
4. Sonic Adventure 2
5. Xenoblade X
6. Ape Escape 2
7. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
8. James Bond 007 Nightfire
9. Timesplitters Future Perfect

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Snatcher

mikegamer wrote:

Unpopular opinion: Using emulation to preserve games that are otherwise impossible to legally obtain (services that shut down) is a perfectly valid way to play them.

This this this this!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it) Remind me to ask jump about those ninja skills of his.

New edited pfp!

Snatcher

@VoidofLight they really said you were “Defending Pratt”? Bruh people can like the dudes voice if they want, we haven’t even heard a lot of it yet Lmao. I just kinda find the accusation stilly.

Edited on by Snatcher

New edited pfp!

VoidofLight

@Snatcher I don't even really like what I heard. I just picked up the accent, and the guy kept saying Pratt was just speaking in his normal voice, which wasn't true.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

I agree it is too soon to make a call on Pratts voice. But it does sound like a new york accent which is accurate to the deep mario lore

Watch Inside Job

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic