Forums

Topic: The Table Top Gaming thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 444

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx Gotcha on the sore loser. Sorry for the late response been busy and Zelda of course came out lol. Anything new in your tabletop gaming world?

Themagusx1

Anti-Matter

@Themagusx1
Have you check my post #357 about Boxing Battle Card ?
I made the cards by myself.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 No prob, I've been busy and also am playing TotK in my (unfortunately limited) spare time outside of the day I took off to play it. Nothing new in the tabletop world, though I think my D&D group may finally start meeting again.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Themagusx1

@Anti-Matter that game you made looks awesome. You should look into getting your games published.

Themagusx1

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx Yeah things tend to get busy, when does your group meet again? I been playing that aliens board game and it’s great.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Originally we were gunning for last weekend, but a medical emergency with a group member postponed it again. This weekend unfortunately didn't work out either. Aliens board game is pretty good then?

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx yes sorry for the late reply, life has been crazy and I have not been in this site for a while. The alien game rocks, it’s one to loo into. It’s easy to play too. How are your groups going?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Just got back from vacation abroad earlier this week and am still playing catch-up in various life aspects, so apologies for responding late (You responded the same day I left going by the date actually). Any new board games you've tried lately?

Group-wise, we did finally meet for our ongoing D&D campaign in early July. That was another RP session. I posted the proceedings in the Dungeons & Dragons thread back then if interested. We also intended to meet the weekend right before I left, but the DM was ill. I, the backup DM, and another player did a really fun level 20 one-shot where we knew we'd die. He was basically doing it as part of an early legendary setup of his homebrew world. We both played as Gem Dragonborn. I was a Paladin, the other was a well kitted out Fighter. We both did very well - we were close to winning - but that still wasn't quite enough to stop the invading chromatic dragon army from destroying our goddess and mother.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx It’s all good, I hope you had a good vacation. I been playing this Godzilla board game which is freaking awesome. Did you discover any new table top games on your trip? And as for your one shot that sounds pretty good. A fighter and a Paladin huh? And gem dragons, what kinda breath weapons did they have?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Thanks! It was a great vacation. I didn't wanna return lol. That Godzilla board game does indeed sound awesome. I'll have to search it on Board Game Geek. No tabletop game discoveries that I can recall. I did find a cool geek store in one city, but no board games Tbh. I did buy a cool Totoro plush though.

I liked playing a Paladin but would like to try a Fighter next time since they're fairly OP from that experience, though we were set at level 20. I don't recall using a breath weapon - or choosing a gem type - but it was an epic battle even without them.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx That is awesome you had a great vacation. A Totoro plush sounds awesome. So the geek store you went to, what kinda cool stuff did they have in there? And yeah that Godzilla game is cool. Have you been on board game geek lately?

As for the dnd stuff that sounds fun playing at level 20. A fighter at level 20 I recall was pretty op-ed as you stated.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 The store had mostly the stuff you'd expect - shirts, some manga, a TON of Funkos, various plushes, mugs, small collectible statues, other various knickknacks, some trading cards....About like a mom & pop GameStop without the games. I was tempted to buy a manga volume, but I have more than enough to read right now. Plus, I'd need to brush up on my German even more if I did that lol.

Haven't been on BGG lately due to being on vacation and the chaos before and after leaving. I also remembered to post about the D&D one shot in the main thread too. I just wish I had had the opportunity to post about that before I left on vacation, because some of the details are foggy now.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx That sounds like a cool little store. I did not know you knew German? That’s pretty cool. As for DnD I have some news in September my group I am doing for is coming back together so we will finally play after a year or so not playing. I will probably post it on the DnD thread. Speaking of rpgs I got a copy of the Street Fighter story telling game, or street fighter Table top rpg. It’s pretty old, and from the mid 90s.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I studied German for three years in high school, but that was over a decade ago. I'm not fluent; it's crazy how much of it I do remember. For everything else...context clues and Google Translate. XD

Glad your D&D group is meeting again! A year is a long time. I haven't heard of that Street Fighter TTRPG, but it sounds fun. Is it based on the series as a whole, or a certain game/set of games like Street Fighter II?

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx That is crazy you remember so much from back then. Oh yeah very excited for my group to start again. As for street fighter, the game is based around Street Fighter 2 since it came out around 94. But it’s got some cool mechanics and fan based materials that expands the game with stuff from future street fighters. Are you familiar with Vampire the masquerade?

Themagusx1

Anti-Matter

I curious to know what kind of Hexagon board games I can make for my students ?
Something that easy to understand for grade 1 students without complicated rules to play.

Anti-Matter

Tasuki

@Tyranexx @Themagusx1 The Street Fighter Story Telling Game came out shortly after Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers came out as Cammy, T Hawk, Dee Jay and Fei Long were in it. It was created by White Wolf and uses the same mechanics that their World of Darkness games will go on to use. It's a pretty fun system and the game is great too especially if your a fan of Street Fighter.

I manged to get all books years ago in the 90's back at a local comic/game shop. Still have them to this day. I ran a few sessions with my friends years ago recently been thinking of pulling it out again. I remember I ended up making Cody, Guy and Haggar from Final Fight as NPCs, ended up making the characters from Streets of Rage to and even Mortal Kombat and Fatal Fury.

You can find copies of it for free on the web if you are interested in it. There's only like 4 books and one adventure book to the whole series I believe.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Themagusx1

@Tasuki oh that’s cool you got all the books. I only got the core rule book and the Shadowloo(however you spell it) book.Oh yeah as you said it uses the D10 system that white wolfs other games use. Let me ask you, how is the adventure book for that game?

Themagusx1

Themagusx1

@Anti-Matter I am not too sure on hexagon games. There is a board game called hex you might want to look into that may give you some ideas for your own game you. One up with!

Themagusx1

Tasuki

@Themagusx1 I believe the adventure book was called The Perfect Warrior. It was a decent adventure from what I remember I never got the chance to run it because my group never got to the right level that it was designed for. I mainly just made my own adventures up for my players.

The other book was called Contemders and that was mainly a book of NPCs and new martial arts for PCs to choose from.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter:_The_Storytell...

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic