Forums

Topic: The Table Top Gaming thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 444

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx I am sorry again. I understand I lost my grandmother back in November of 21 and I know how hard that is. And I know how it is hard for the gaming group to meet up.

Have you seen any other new board games that interest you?

Themagusx1

Anti-Matter

Are the card games that have to be placed on table also considered as Table Top games ?

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 My sympathies as well regarding your grandmother. Loss is almost never easy IMO, especially when it's someone we're close to.

Tbh I haven't really been browsing board games recently. Though part of me is still kicking myself for not also buying Takenoko before my local gaming store went out of business....That would've been a fun future family game.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Themagusx1

Thank you I much appreciate it. I am not familiar with Takenoko? What is it and how does it play?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

Going by what I read off the box and its entry on Board Game Geek, it's basically a resource game for 2-4 players where you grow bamboo while also catering to the appetite of a Panda gifted to the Japanese Emperor. I think the concept sounds pretty fun and unique.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx That sounds like a really cool game. Sorry about he late reply, been busy lately. How are things with your gaming group going?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 No prob at all, I've likewise been very busy - and sleep-deprived, thanks DST - IRL. Our gaming group was finally able to meet this past weekend and had a short session that was all roleplay. Long story short, we have more information about the floating storm giant castle we're now in from the self-titled big guy. Turns out he's not in the cult but is tolerating them using his castle for the time being. I go into more detail in the D&D thread if you're curious! The thread has seen more activity in general lately.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx that sounds good. Sorry busy and had my b day. So you guys just play dnd or did you give any of your board games a go?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 NP. I completely understand lol. Happy late birthday! We just played D&D, no board games this time. It was a fairly short session tbh; one of the other players wasn't feeling the best.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx I gotcha. Hopefully your player will feel better and thanks for the birthday wish. Got a new board game called the crew. Have you heard of it?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 That player is feeling better, but late last week one of the other players - his wife - had an unexplained seizure. First one. So there's been a lot of uncertainty around that. And then there was an illness scare with a mutual acquaintance who's also due to have a baby next month. Thankfully she's home now. Due to all that plus crazy schedules all around, we didn't meet this weekend. I doubt next weekend either since it's Easter. My own schedule is pretty full.

I have not heard of The Crew. I presume it's nothing like the video game?

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx it’s not like the game, but it’s pretty fun and inexpensive card game. How are things with your group now? I hope they are feeling better and you guys were able to meet up.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 To my knowledge everyone in the group is fine/healthy now; the earlier seizure scare led to an epilepsy diagnosis after a second one occurred. I was surprised since I thought normally the very young or very old are diagnosed with it. No meetups recently though.

I did take Ticket to Ride when I went to visit some family this past weekend. It was a fun time, though most of us had never played. Learning the rules was kind of touch and go at first. I don't know if we'll get my BIL to play again lol.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx I gotcha, but curious why would your BIL not play again?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Long story short, he wasn't fond of the rules and gameplay lol. He can be a bit of a sore loser.

Anti-Matter

I made my own card battle game with name Boxing Card Battle, featuring all my created boxers / kickboxers as the characters in the card.

Untitled

Every cards have three different attributes: Power (Red), Speed (Yellow) & Defense (Blue).
Every cards have different numbers of Power, Speed & Defense.
I made the lowest number is 1 and the highest number is 20.
The game can be played in 3 different modes: Normal Battle, Survival Battle & Versus Battle.

Normal Battle
This mode can be played from 2 - 4 players with 5 cards for every players. All the players will do Rock Paper Scissors to determine who will set the rule of the Battle.
The player can pick either Power / Speed / Defense for the card battle.
For example, if the player choose Power, that means all the chosen card will be judged from the number of the Power attribute.
The player who used the card with the highest number of Power will get 1 score.
If there are same number of Power and still the highest number, so those players will get 1 score as well.
After 1 card disposed, all the players will pick 1 new card from the deck and continue the game until somebody get score = 5 or 10, depend on the deal from the beginning.
The player who get the score can decide to keep the same battle of the previous attribute or can change the attribute.
The winner is who get the maximum score 5 or 10.

Survival Battle
Pretty similar as Normal Battle from 2 - 4 players, but all the players will get 10 cards from beginning and no respawn cards from the card deck.
They will use all the cards one by one until all the cards get used so you have to think carefully before picking the right card.
The winner is the player who get the highest score at the end of the game.

Versus Battle
This mode only can be played by 2 peoples since it requires some counting the numbers to determine the winner.
The players will get 5 cards from beginning and will get the respawn cards from the card deck.
The players will be given default 100 HP as their life.
To begin the game, the players must pick the highest Speed point card as possible while considering the other attributes: Power & Defense to determine who will strike first, how much Damage dealt from Power point and how much Damage get reduced from Defense point.
For example, player 1 used the card with attribute Power = 12, Speed = 14, Defense = 4 and player 2 used the card with attribute Power = 15, Speed = 10, Defense = 5.
When both players showed the cards, the card from player 1 will strike first since the Speed is 14, faster than player 2 with 10 point.
Then the damage deal from player 1 = 12 from the Power attribute and the damage will be reduced from player 2 Defense point, so player 2 will get damaged by
12 - 5 = 7 point and their HP will get reduced into 100 - 7 = 93 points.
If the Defense point is higher than the Power point of opponent, the player will not take any damage, it will be considered as Blocked.
After 1 card get used, the players will pick another card from the deck and keep playing until one player's HP get zero.
The winner is who still survive in the card battle.
The game also can be played by using 3 times KO rules.
First time KO, the revived player will get 50 HP point.
Second time get KO, the revived player will get 25 HP.
Three time KO, the game is over and the winner is who still survived.

So, what do you think about my own Battle Card game ? 😉

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

I think that card battle game is certainly an interesting setup. Have you done any trial runs with other players?

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I have tested my Boxing Battle Card from my students and they like my card game.
Actually those card I printed with F4 size Bufallo paper to test if my students will like it.
I designed the numbers display and gameplay concept is easy enough for everybody play, even grade 1 students can play my Boxing Battle Card game as I only use number from 1 - 20 and the gameplay concept is comparing the numbers, find which is the biggest number.
The Versus Battle mode is perfect for my Math Club activity since they have to calculate the damage dealt or taken, their current HP as they play.
I still haven't make a lot of Boxing Battle cards that designed for Versus Battle mode as the best card for Versus mode is the cards with high Speed + high Power + very low Defense so the players can deal big enough damage and not get blocked by high defense point from their opponent.
The card with very high Speed but very low Power point is useless for Versus mode as it will deal very low damage and the damage can be reduced to zero from very high defense point from opponent.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Looks like some successful test runs with your students then. And the math calculations certainly help with learning! Looks like you're still refining the game a bit, but it does look promising.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic