Forums

Topic: The Table Top Gaming thread

Posts 321 to 340 of 444

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx that sounds like you had a good time regardless. Too bad you did not get to play your new clue game.
Letters from Whitecastle is a very interesting mystery game involving you trying to capture Jack the Ripper. Are mystery games your main interest or any variety of board game?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Ah, I wondered if that game didn't have something to do with a certain historical figure. I quite like mystery games, but I'm up for trying many different board game varieties. I also enjoy games like The Game of Life, Sorry, and less conventional ones too.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx there are so many different board games. Even ones that are solo play or have solo play with it. For example that alien game I got, has it so you can play with up to five players, or you can play by yourself. I need to try it out. Would you do solo gameplay?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I would actually. I'm not sure if I've ever played a board game that allow for only one player. Not that I didn't play some board games by myself back in the day, but that was out of sheer boredom. Things like Candy Land and anything else kid me could come up with or get into sometimes lol. The closest I've probably gotten are single player card games (Solitaire, Hearts, etc.)

Tasuki

@Tyranexx You can never go wrong with Cards Against Humanity, although I never tried mixing the two together, lol. That would be quite interesting I think.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tyranexx

@Tasuki Some of the combos became pretty crazy lol. With some family edition cards, some of us were surprised that kids wrote them lol. Probably my favorite card I had from that set was along the lines of "Fartimus Maximus, Lord of Beans". XD

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx I have not tried many board games by myself, I still need to play the alien game in some capacity as it’s untouched. Have you taken a look at board game geek? Just curious maybe you will find something there to pique your interest.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I should give board game geek a proper search sometime just to see what I can find. Though I admittedly don't often play non video games on my own these days. I usually prefer to play with others in those settings.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx that makes sense. You have a good gaming group right? Anyhoo, have you ever played Magic the Gathering or anything like that?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I have a great group, albeit a somewhat small one lol. I never really got into card games outside of Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and a little Digimon back when I was a kid. I'm quite aware of Magic: The Gathering now - I used to work with people who played - but wasn't aware the game existed until I went to college.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx I did not know digimon had a card game. Wow that’s cool. I think card games can be great, Have you played trick taking games like spades? Or hearts?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Bandai Namco (or however their name is arranged now lol) went full multimedia with the Digimon franchise. I don't think the card game really caught on here though.

I have played Hearts, though it's been awhile. Mainly because the old machines where I went to college, before they switched them out with virtual machine boxes, had a backdoor way to play the game. You couldn't access it normally, but it would work through the Run prompt. It saved my sanity in more than one required Humanities class lol.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx Nice, yeah that’s probably why I did not realize they had Digimon card game cause it was just not popular here.

That’s good a game can help you through classes. When I was in college, we used to play the Bloodborne card game to burn time. Any other card games that you played that helped you through stuff?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 In the college department...solitaire on my personal computer lol. Never really got into regular card games besides that and Hearts, though I think someone taught me how to play Blackjack at one point.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx Gotcha ahh good old blackjack, I remember this lady showed me some tricks in blackjack that her husband and he used to play. Are there any games that have caught your lately, and has your group been meeting up?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

It seems my local card/gaming shop is going out of business in about a week. That means a ~40 minute drive to the next closest. Good news is they're running some clearance sales, and I needed to burn the remains of a gift card. So I bought Ticket To Ride (regular version). I've never played it before but have heard decent things about the game.

@Themagusx1 Someone did try to explain to me how to play poker once. Either they were terrible at explaining it, or I'm just a terrible student lol. Our group is finally meeting up again this weekend for D&D barring a sudden plan change.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx Nice did you get to play ticket to ride? And I understand poker can be tricky. Cool your group meeting up, hopefully you will meet up this weekend. Sorry for the long wait for a response I got busy.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Haven't played Ticket To Ride yet; not sure if you've seen in other topics, but the past week was a crazy one for me due to a death in the family. We unfortunately were unable to meet up last weekend or this weekend; one of the other players had to cancel last weekend as they were helping their grandpa move house (I presume into assisted living or at least a smaller place). Unfortunately, said grandpa was admitted to the hospital earlier this week with pneumonia and passed away. We're still on hiatus as a result.

Fingers crossed we can hopefully play next weekend now, but I'm probably jinxing myself at this point.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx I am sorry to hear about the death in your family. My condolences are sent to you. And I don’t follow the other topics much, so sorry about that. I will have to pay more attention to the dnd thread.

Have you guys met up?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Thank you. It was expected, though a bit sooner than I figured it would be. It was my step-grandpa who passed. It's sad, but also a relief in a way; his quality of life declined over the past year, especially in the last couple of months.

No worries on the other topics; I've been quite busy and haven't been on the forums nearly as much either. Unfortunately, our group still hasn't met up for another game night yet.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic