Forums

Topic: The Table Top Gaming thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 444

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx yeah you need other reliable group,s to play. Fortunately in high school I hosted tournaments and we the money would go to student council. That would be magic for me. Habe you played any of the yugioh vidoe games?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 The only Yu-Gi-Oh! video game I've played is Dark Duel Stories on the Game Boy Color. I wasn't very good at it, but it did teach me how to properly play the card game...at least with the shape it was in at the time.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx sorry for the late reply but that’s good it taught you how to play. What do you think of the game now and compared to it back then? As for the role playing front, did I tell you about the rpg called Dread?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I admittedly haven't looked into detail how Yu-Gi-Oh plays these days, but I know a few things have changed since back in the day. As for Dread....I think you or someone else has mentioned it to me, but I don't recall much else about it.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx There are so many rpgs out there…Dread is pretty cool. Did you know there is one based off of the Alien franchise and it’s pretty good one at that.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I think I've heard that there's a RPG based off of the Alien franchise, though I don't know what it's called off the top of my head. :thinking: I've never seen the films, but I love the designs of the creatures used in those movies. More than the Predators, anyway. XD

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx you should check those movies out. The first two films are excellent. There are tons of different rpgs out there. What genre outsude of fantasy would you be interested in to play an rpg?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I probably would like them since I enjoy the occasional monster movie. Genres outside of fantasy that I like....Definitely science fiction, though that depends on how the setting is orchestrated. I don't mind some alternate takes on historical events too. So...historical fiction I suppose. Probably something like the Red Dead Redemption titles, though I admit I haven't played them. I do know a thing or two about the games however.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx I asked cause there are so many great Indy rpgs with some of those settings. There are some great sci if role playing games out there.There are even pro wrestling rpgs. Would you ever do say a steam punk rpg?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I don't have a ton of experience with steampunk settings, but it's definitely something I'd try! Can't say the same for pro wrestling, however; I never really got into that.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx That’s understandable…there is a steam punkish setting called Eberro. Habe you seen the eberron dnd book?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I haven't seen it, but I have heard of D&D steampunk settings in general. Might have to look into the Eberro setting out of curiosity.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx I guess we can’t talk about dnd here even though it is on topic on this thread as that it is a tabletop game. Anyway, have you heard of a board game called Blood Rage?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I'm afraid I'm also not familiar with that one. Looks like it's viking related, with ties to Ragnarok? Looks like it has some very entertaining miniatures too.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx yep you actually play during Ragnarok, which is fun. Maybe some of these board games would be good for your dnd group when you guys have say an off day or not everyone can make it? I don’t know how your group works but that’s my groups used to do it.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 We've played the occasional card or board game during our off days, but they don't happen too often. I think the last time we had an off day instead of an outright break was New Years Eve. XD

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx that seems like a good day to have an off day on News Eve. Since you got into dnd do you think it’s piqued your interest into the table top gaming world?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Definitely. I've always liked games in general, video or not. I certainly like TTG and would also like to try a World of Darkness setting at some point. I don't know anyone around my area who hosts them though. :thinking: Not sure I'd have time for another setup like D&D at present anyway.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx I love games as well, all kinds of games as you do too. I can understand that you don’t want to have another big game set up. Have you ever looked into the history of board games? It’s really quit fascinating

Themagusx1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic