Forums

Topic: The Table Top Gaming thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 444

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx oh yeah I believe it even had a recipe book, or at least a book with one or two and songs in it callers leaves from the inn at the last home. I need to look it up. But it had a lot of stuff in it. The supplements for dragonlance were unique in itself too.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

Probably the hardest game I've played is Pandemic: Call of Cthulhu. I was exposed to it on New Years Eve. A fun collaboration game, though it's VERY hard to win.

@Tasuki I think Reverend/Mr. Green was the main change. Otherwise, some of the spellings appear to be different. I've played original Clue but none of the other editions; I'd definitely try that D&D Clue Edition and the Master Detective variant!

@Themagusx1 Heck, I'd take the recipe book just to try some of the simpler concoctions lol. I'll have to research the Dragonlance add-ons.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx I own pandemic Cthulhu and it is fun as all heck. It is tough though, my sister, gf, and son only beat it twice. It’s been a while since I busted it open. Have you played other pandemic games?

Themagusx1

Tasuki

@Tyranexx Yeah I am a suckered for Clue and Life variants. As popular as Monopoly is I don't really care for the game itself. Although I did like the Gamer Edition of Monopoly they put out a few years ago, I have both the Overwatch version and the Mario version.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Our group on New Years only made it a couple of rounds. We had some great plans in place, but way too many baddies made it out of the portals at once...according to the rules anyway. I haven't played any other versions of Pandemic, at least not in tabletop form. I played some version of it as a flash game I think, though there you were engineering a virus, bacterium, or parasite to overtake humanity.

@Tasuki I admit I never got too into Monopoly due to how long the game can run. Both Clue and Life are two of my favorite board games, so I'd happily try variants of the latter too. I'm also partial to Sorry! and Battleship, though I'm glad I skipped the movie adaptation for the latter. XD

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx I see. That game is nuts when you get down to it. There are tons of board games out there thst are awesome like pandemic. Have you heard of mansions of madness? That’s another Cthulhu based game.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I think I've heard of Mansions of Madness, though I haven't played it. That version of Pandemic was my first exposure to the franchise, though I've known of it for many years.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx That’s a good version of Pandemic to start with. I think it’s one of the best versions myself. Anyhoo, Mansions of Madness is great but it’s pricey. It’s worth the price though. Are you interested in card games?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I don't mind games that use cards, even regular playing cards. Though I never picked up how to play some like Poker lol. Naturally I know Solitaire, and I know how to play Hearts thanks to a fluke with my college's computer systems. XD They'd technically removed directly accessing the games from the machines (they were Windows XP machines), but you could still play it by searching directly for hearts.exe via the Run box.

I do enjoy some games that don't use classic playing cards, such as Uno and Cards Against Humanity.

Maxenmus

@Tyranexx Uno is so addictive. lol I couldn't stop playing it. It's such a great time-wasting game.

I never really learned how to play Poker either. It's a game everyone else seems to know ("Wanna come to Poker night, John?"), and it's probably a "simple to learn, hard to master" kind of game from what little I remember when my friend taught me to play. Something, something about having bigger cards than your opponent, something, something. lol

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Tyranexx

@Maxenmus I 100% agree on Uno; it's so easy to get wrapped up into it, especially if you're in good company. XD As for Poker, someone tried explaining it to me once, but either they were bad at explaining it or I just couldn't grasp the concept lol. It was probably a little of both. I should probably hit up a coworker on how to play sometime since I believe he has some experience with the game.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx Uno is always a good time. Habe you played any uno variants? There are so many card games a good one I would recommend is Arkham Horror and another is the Game of Thrones card games. You get everything in one box so it’s all set to go.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Outside of regular Uno, I've also played Uno Flip. No other variants to my recollection though. I've heard of Arkham Horror (Not Batman-related like I thought when I first heard of this, unfortunately.... ), not the Game of Thrones card game (though it doesn't surprise me).

There's a D&D update in the respective thread, if you're interested.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx I will check out the dnd update I am very curious in how your campaign is going. Uno flip is awesome. Just curious have you ever played magic the gathering?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Not sure when we'll next meet for our D&D campaign, possibly this weekend if we keep to our bi-weekly meetups. Depends on what everyone has going on though.

As for Magic: The Gathering, I definitely know of the card game but have never played it. I used to work with a couple of people who played. It appeared to be very fun, but it could be quite an investment too. I'd say the closest I've come to that game is the Yu-Gi-Oh! card game, and I was never a dedicated player; I was more of a collector.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx That’s cool about Yu-Gi-Oh. How big is your collection of cards?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 A few hundred, but I actually sold them all a little while back. I wasn't using them at all, and they were just collecting dust. I felt it was best to send them on to those who could use them more, considering how flexible the card game supposedly is. None were super rare, but the head/condition of an Exodia: The Forbidden One card netted me about $26.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx wow nice twenty six bucks for one card was not bad. So you made a. Good a pint selling them? I am curious if you would ever get into Yugioh again

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Honestly.... Probably not. I still have a bit of a soft spot for the original anime. But the show moving networks, plus the fact that kid me didn't have a reliable place to play any TCG at the time (I grew up in the boonies) means my interest waned years ago.

Maxenmus

I feel like this is probably relevant, as it involves Dungeons & Dragons:

Wizards of the Coast is hosting a livestream for 2022 in 16 hours. They'll be talking about DnD and of course, Magic the Gathering.

The last Magic game I've played was Magic Duels and I had a lot of fun with it. lol I know that's not technically tabletop, but it's the closest I ever got to playing a Magic game. 😂

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic