Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,108

pilot

@Zeldafan79 I totally get where you're coming from, but yeah I don't think thats gonna happen. Disney makes more money from a subscription that you have to pay for every month than a single payment.

Boutta go on a pokemon mania

RR529

Anyhow, I'm getting into Jedi: Fallen Order & it runs pretty rough on a normal PS4. Ran into a cutscene where characters would just pop on screen out of nowhere (along with texture pop in), and the image would intermittently freeze every few seconds even though the audio was still playing. Otherwise the frame rate can be pretty choppy depending on the planet as well.

Recently finished up Republic Commando on Switch as well and had a good time with it despite it's noted frame rate issues.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jump

@Zeldafan79 Disney+ has groupwatch so you can watch things with someone who has not got Disney+, even then a 1 month subscription to Disney+ is cheaper than DVD, VHS.

Why are you buying bootlegs, just torrent it like a normal person if you don’t want to get Disney+. ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

Personally, I refuse to support Disney +, as I don’t like Disney itself. If that means I can’t watch starwars stuff, then so be it. I think the madolorian is on dvd though.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Zeldafan79

@VoidofLight
You can buy bootleg dvd box sets on ebay but no official release has happened yet. The ones i bought were around 20 bucks and they even look and play great. They Could easily be mistaken for the real thing. I don't normally buy bootlegs but i wanted to have them without needing the Internet or Disney plus.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

jump

DuPont knowingly caused cancer in people and even cheated their way out of paying the compensation they suggested to their victims but people need those cheap pans, Amazon workers are having to piss in bottles or lose their minimum wage jobs but people shouldn't have to look at a different website as time is money, an entire meat/dairy/eggs industry where animals become paraplegics and other insanely cruel treatment is fine as folk need something to put their sugary sauces on, global warming isn't real so let's not worry about fuel consumption but Disney are evil. Boycott Disney because of that movie lol

I do laugh at the internet's moral and ethical outrage of Disney. Not that I'm defending Disney as stuff like John Lasseter or them they trying to get of paying royalties ain't cool, it just that people draw the line with Disney and not the actual/far worse evil doings of the world.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

VoidofLight

@jump I hate Disney for their movies, not for business practices.

jump

@VoidofLight yep, just like everyone else who refuses to support Disney.

Talk of hate and boycotting over just the movies is the kind of extremist thing Anti does rather than rationally going, nah I don’t like that. ;p

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Zeldafan79

I'm gonna celebrate by rewatching episodes of the mandalorian!

Fun Fact for all the Disney haters. Jar Jar was inspired by goofy. George lucas said so himself. I get the feeling he was planning to sell the brand to Disney way longer ago than you might have thought.

Oh and you wanna see some crappy star wars? Ever heard of those two Ewok movies? Disney ain't got nothin on those.

jedgamesguy

Untitled

If anyone can find the... secret?! I don't think it's a secret... but if you can find the detail you get a cookie.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

RR529

@jump, yeah, I'm not sure how far into the show this remains true, but at least during season 1 Jar Jar is a pretty common recurring character (there's at least one episode centered around him, too).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

VoidofLight

@Zeldafan79 doesn’t really change the fact that Disney botched the series up.

jump

@RR529 I gave up trying to watch Clones Wars after two episodes. I don't remember Jar Jar being in the ones I watched so he didn't effect my opinion. Appranty it gets good later on but I don't think I will get that far as this was my third attempt.

I think I will celebrate Star Wars by rewatching by the 00's Battlestar Galactica instead, god damn that shows was great.

@VoidofLight I don't know about that, there's alot more I'd watch under Disney than from Lucas. The bar was really low with from when they took it over so it wasn't hard. lol

Nicolai wrote:

VoidofLight

@jump the sequels effectively shot all interest I had with the disney stuff.

jump

@VoidofLight Each to their own but it's your loss at the end of the day.

The people they are getting to write and direct the tv shows is strong. Robert Rodriguez (I love his films), Taika Waititi (I love his films too), Jon Favreau, Peyton Reed, Christopher Yost, Tony Gilroy etc. It makes me wonder if these are people who grew up watching Star Wars so it's a chance to work on a childhood dream come true enough that they are happy to put their own projects on hold.

Nicolai wrote:

Zeldafan79

My brother liked the mandalorian and he is totally not into the movies at all. Anyone who's actually watched it can probably see how good it is and if you're so set on you're Disney hating that you refuse to even try it well that's just sad. Why is it when the prequels first came out people were hating on them but once Disney took over suddenly the prequels are a masterpiece of cinema?

If the christmas special, Ewoks, Jar Jar or Jake Lloyds acting didn't already ruin star wars what makes Disney get all the credit? What because they wiped out the EU? Yeah a moon falls on Chewie and kills him is totally something that should have stayed Canon right?

@VoidofLight
I feel the conflict within you, Let go of your hate!

jump

@Zeldafan79 Yeah, it seems Disney are just low hanging fruit where it's easy/cool to hate on whilst they can also avoid saying Star Wars sucks and just say Disney sucks instead. People even hated on the OG films with be complaining about Ewoks are just there to sell toys so all of this isn't even new.

But at the end of the day it seems mental that The Mandalorian is only Star Wars thing people seem to have universally liked in decades should now be boycotted.

Nicolai wrote:

Zeldafan79

@jump

Yeah i remember all the crap the mandalorian was getting and still gets. First there wasn't enough women on the show, then bill burr got everyone riled up because he said he hated star wars and people wanted him fired. After that it was the Gina Carano thing. Then a certain OG character shows up in the season 2 finale and oh boy heads roll over that! Now i hear these jerks want baby yoda removed from the show. Cancel culture at Its finest!

jump

@Zeldafan79 Maybe Disney should repeat what they did with Bill Burr and just hire everyone as extras who complains about Star Wars to get them to change their mind. I would have loved to see how Jon Favreau actually pitched hiring Burr, telling a company the size of Disney he wants to play a meta-joke by hiring someone who hates Star Wars to be in Star Wars, and they still said yes.

Nicolai wrote:

Zeldafan79

@jump

I wish people would just find some other show to complain about. We got a good thing going and these nut jobs ain't happy unless they're trying to ruin everyones fun. That's star wars for ya! It's the brand folks love to hate. I've never known a fandom that gets more passionate or ticked off when things don't go the way they think it should with whatever is currently happening in the franchise.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic