Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,108

VoidofLight

If people are mad about Burr, they should also be mad about Alec Guinness, since he also didn’t like star wars. Didn’t stop Guinness from giving it his all though.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jump

@VoidofLight That's not a like for like though. Alec Guiness didn't even know what a Star Wars is since it didn't exist and his complaints were more about the filming experience, in particular the dialogue being "rubbish" which seems fair to be honest. Burr is the type of comedian who pushes buttons for the sake of it with one such target being Star Wars as he knows he will get a response but has now shut up about it since they cast him.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

@jump Ah. That makes sense.

Zeldafan79

@jump

Yeah i heard about that! Apparently he didn't like people even asking him about it. He was ashamed for even being involved with star wars. I guess he was too high class of an actor to lower himself to some silly space movie but he wanted that paycheck. I heard he even made some kid cry once. He was supposedly asked for an autograph and turned him down. At least i read that somewhere.

@ToadBrigade

Ah pokemon. You might be right. The one game series i should really look more into. I haven't played alot of the games but i know several character names. I mean everybody knows Pikachu.

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

jump

@Zeldafan79 You're too late to get onto the Poke-bandwagon as they have cut Pikachu out along with 99.7% of all the other Pokemon in the new games. All that is left is Dunsparce, Foongus, Luvdisc and the one that looks like a set of keys (yet is amazingly over powered). ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

RR529

The other day I was reading a ranking of every Star Wars movie/show ever, and while it's just some random critic's opinion, I thought it was pretty interesting just because these types of articles usually only include the films, and there are some unique placements nonetheless.

21. Holiday Special
20. Ewoks
19. Droids
18. Ewoks: Battle For Endor
17. Episode II: Attack of the Clones
16. Ewoks: Caravan of Courage
15. Episode IX: Rise of Skywalker
14. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
13. Solo
12. Episode I: the Phantom Menace
11. Clone Wars (film)
10. Resistance
9. Rebels
8. Clone Wars (TV)
7. Episode VII: the Force Awakens
6. the Mandalorian
5. Rogue One
4. Episode VII: Return of the Jedi
3. Episode VIII: the Last Jedi
2. Episode IV: A New Hope
1. Episode V: the Empire Strikes Back

Here's the link to the original article, which also includes their reasons for the placements. Some are a bit off though, as they have number 15 between 18 & 17, 11 between 9 & 8, and 5 between 4 & 3, like they've re arranged it a few times and forgot to renumber.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yardbarker.com/entertainment...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

FroZtedFlake

That's a pretty accurate list imo, I think attack of the clones oughtta move up one, same goes for mando, Phantom menace up two, then Solo down two. Other than that though it's pretty much exactly how I view the films

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

VoidofLight

I think revenge of the sith would be higher for me, definitely above the sequels. The line delivery wasn’t great, but the story is at least original and there’s some actual good moments.

I’d rank the sequels towards the bottom, with the force awakens being a bit higher than the other two, mainly because the sequels had no plan at all for story cohesion, and the main cast of characters aren’t great at all. Stuff happens with hardly explanation, and sometimes things happen that just break what’s been established before.

The force awakens is the most inoffensive of the three, as it’s effectively a retelling of A New Hope, and characters like Finn actually seem pretty interesting in that movie.

Henmii

As for The bad batch: There's a new character called Omega. She's apparently a clone in kid-phase, but she's a girl! Wich begs the question: Is she Palpatine's daughter or Rey? In that case she's not really a clone, just someone created sharing Palpatine's dna (to a certain extent). And before you ask: Yes, clones can have kids! The second episode of bad batch shows a clone with a wife and kids. So a "clone" daughter to Palpatine could have a daughter too (Rey).

And here's another theory: In episode 3 they are talking about creating the ultimate clone, and after that dialogue we see Crosshair. Maybe that leads into Snoke? Maybe Crosshair will be turned into Snoke? But then there's also the clone project from the Mandalorian. Maybe there's a connection?

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

RR529

Star Wars: the Cone Wars season 2 (Disney+).

Pretty solid, about the same quality wise as season 1, though I noticed there was less erratic continuity jumping around (there was still some, but it seemed more willing to commit to full 3-4 episode long arcs). Oh, and after being a pretty common side character in season 1, it looks like they've already jettisoned Jar Jar, lol (he may have had one appearance, but I may be thinking of a season 1 episode).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

gcunit

RR529 wrote:

Star Wars: the Cone Wars season 2 (Disney+).

Pretty solid, about the same quality wise as season 1, though I noticed there was less erratic continuity jumping around (there was still some, but it seemed more willing to commit to full 3-4 episode long arcs). Oh, and after being a pretty common side character in season 1, it looks like they've already jettisoned Jar Jar, lol (he may have had one appearance, but I may be thinking of a season 1 episode).

Wait until you get to the final season, it's pretty epic...

Untitled

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Henmii

Hmm, now that I have seen the full season of Bad batch: Yup, just another Clone wars season. And not at its highest (there are much better Clone wars episodes). Lots of filler episodes. As soon as they went to Zid I knew the drill: fetch-quests. It has its moments (the literal collapse of Kamino for example), but other then that very average. We still didn't learn much about Omega, maybe in season 2?

Henmii

I-U

Star Wars: Visions is the best I've personally watched from Star Wars since I got into the franchise with Tartakovsky's Star Wars: Clone Wars series back in 2003. This is the first new release I've watched completely from Star Wars since leaving the theater for Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which drained any real interest I might have had in seeing the releases between that movie up until Visions. The reason I was very interested in Visions is because it reminded me of the 2003 Clone Wars a bit and it's its own story, nine of them.

Plenty of strong, interesting characters in these stories, both male and female, and if I had anything negative to say about Visions it would be that I would've liked more than 9 stories. I hope that Visions is a regular for new seasons on Disney+, and I would definitely love to see these same studios work on a new season along with more great animation talent. The Village Bride, The Ninth Jedi, The Elder, T0-B1 and Lop & Ocho are my favorites of the bunch.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

WoomyNNYes

Disney World's Star Wars Galactic Star Cruiser previews.
(a multi-day experience hotel in outerspace/star wars universe)

These are two youtubers I sometimes watch.

Disney Food Blog has a more summarized preview

Tim Tracker seems to have more of a walk-through experience.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

@WoomyNNYes $5k for a bunker with no windows, bargain!

Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

BruceCM

Yeah, real bargain, @jump .... If someone is paying for me to go?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

WoomyNNYes

@jump @BruceCM LOL, I did see something amusing in the video. While Disney experiences have a very high polish, watch the girl playing Rey. I'm pasting it to play at the relevant time stamp. Watch the first three seconds of the Rey/actor with the light saber. I'm cracking up. It's amazing. Does she use more than one lightsaber? (the moment is at 1:17:10 -ish)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BruceCM

Heh, that all looks cool but I certainly don't have 5k to go ..... Anyone else going?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

VoidofLight

I've seen some stuff on it, and it feels like the thing is too pricy for what it is. It just doesn't sound very appealing either.

Henmii

Now that the book of Boba fett is over: The mood was spot on again and it definitely had its moments (especially Cad Bane in life-action was lovely), but there wasn't any story to tell. And it wasn't even Boba's "book", more like a apetiser for the Mandalorian season 3. That baby Yoda ditched his training just to be with Mando...I think its wrong. And I really wonder what this means for the story of Mandalorian 3. The scenes with Luke where much more wholesome then I expected and Luke looked really great.

On a sidenote: I am excited about the Obi wan series, especially since it marks the life-action debut of the inquisitors. But at the same time it might mean that Obi wan also gets sidelined in his own series. As for the inquisitors: Is the Grand inquisitor played by Andy Serkis? I hope we learn more about them, Rebels failed on that. Nice to see they bring characters and lore from across different media (3D series, games, comics) into the life-action series and potentially future movies.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic