Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,108

Zeldafan79

@Octane
Oh okay. I wasn't sure. I'll probably get watching that in the next few days.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

DarkRula

@RR529 The Clone Wars really is great. More people should really watch it. As for your gripe, it's not that the pacing is odd, it's that the first two seasons are a bit of a mess chronolgically, with the first half of season 3 also filling in gaps of that period before the time jump. Relating to the episode you talked of, there's one in season 2 that is clearly meant to be before it, as it serves as the start of that entire operation. For what follows after the episode of season 1, you want the movie that was the first thing The Clone Wars released.

______

I've been seeing rumours of Detours hitting Disney+ on May 4th, which would be a grand treat to be given. An hour of Bad Batch followed by watching a few episodes of that would be glorious. I'm sure we'll be finding out soon enough what will be releasing for Star Wars Day.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

PoliticallyIncorrect

I loved Star Wars since it first came out. Now Disney has ruined it.

The Other White Meat

VoidofLight

@NotPoliticallyCorrec Same, but I still love the stuff before Disney got ahold of it. I just don't really like the sequels. I never bothered to watch the other stuff, since after episode 8 I just gave up with the series as whole.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

PoliticallyIncorrect

@VoidofLight it's almost like Disney is trying to destroy the IP. Star Wars was great before Disney. Now all they care about is identity politics and such. I miss the days when movies were for entertainment, not for pushing political agendas.

The Other White Meat

jump

Untitled

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

@jump I actually hate JarJar with a burning passion. I mostly just don't like the sequels because they break the lore, and retell the story that's already told, but with characters who aren't actually interesting. They also bring back a villain just to kill him again, undermining the original trilogy.

Not to mention all the plot threads set up in the first movie, which ultimately lead to no-where, showing that Disney had no plan beforehand, and just let the directors make it up as they went.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

RR529

While I can understand being disappointed in certain decisions Disney has made in regards to the sequels being messy & their retconning of a lot of extra lore built up though older books, comics, games, etc., as well as the EA game exclusivity, I don't think it's been all bad.

Rouge One was good, and from what I hear Solo isn't too bad either (though I haven't watched it myself yet), the Mandalorian is great & they made a fan pleasing move in finishing out the Clone Wars series. Plus, they're starting to open up more of the classic content & are letting more companies make games again.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jump

Really Disney should have just made them an animated cartoon like the rest of the fairy tales they make, it would have also mean people would stop taking them so seriously. It’s just a story about a farm boy would wants to grow up to be a space wizard to defeat the dark knight with the help of a princess and some woodland critters a talking bear and a talking frog, it’s hardly The Godfarther or Fight Club.

At least their knock off war and samurai/western ones were great. I’d go out of my way to watch The Mandalorian and Rogue One.

I may or may not be trolling with my comments ;p

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Gerald

Just noticed Caravan Of Courage has appeared on the Disney Channel. Have not seen that for many years.
Will it be better than Episode 8 if I watched it now 😂

Edited on by Gerald

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

Zeldafan79

@SeaFishelle

I loved TLJ too! I know that's a really unpopular opinion but i never understood the hate. Were people expecting Luke to be the same guy from 30 years ago? You know all plucky and eager to go fight to save the galaxy? Come on Rey let‘s go do Jedi stuff and fight those bad guys! After all I’m Luke freakin skywalker! LOL What a predictable and boring plot that Would have been.

As for Solo its my least favourite. It‘s not a bad movie and the guy playing Han did fine it's just an unnecessary movie. Alot of it is information we didn't really need and the only real highlight is the kessel run. Rogue one rocked though! Sooooo good!

RR529

@Zeldafan79, I don't think people necessarily minded the fact Luke was a mentor figure past his prime, but rather the idea that this all started after he feared the mere potential development of the dark side in his nephew so much that he briefly considered killing him, even though his dad was the right hand man of "space Hitler™" and was still able to see the good in him.

It's not a really a big deal to me personally as while I liked the films well enough as a kid I never grew too attached to them, but I could understand why some would think it was too much of a leap in his characterization.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jump

People were digusted with the identity politics of it too, how dare they recognize wookies as people, I don't care that the dog-bear is a war hero, medals belong to people not pets. It's why he didn't get one in the 70s and still shouldn't today! The space Nazi's are right to treat the race of Cousin Its like that! ;p

Nicolai wrote:

PoliticallyIncorrect

Identity politics are a cancer. I'm retired now but made most of my living playing music professionally. I'm waiting for the day the liberals start attacking bands. Telling them their lineup isn't diverse enough. As cultish as they are, it's more than likely coming.

The Other White Meat

Zeldafan79

@Balta666
My girlfriend loves Jar jar! In fact it's the only star wars movie i could get her to sit through without constantly asking me is this almost over? Is this almost over? I guess the funny moments with him keeps the movie entertaining to those who don't live and breathe star wars.

Now as for episode IV you gotta give it credit for making the series exist in the first place but as a movie it's pretty generic. Plus it's got the shortest most boring lightsaber duel in the saga.

jump

@Zeldafan79 I agree about the lightsaber fight. I mentioned it a couple of pages back and kicked off with people telling me it's good for the time, they were old people what do you expect, at least it's not cgi etc. It's this weird walking poke bit that makes me laugh.

Untitled

Maybe it's because this was made way before I was born but by the time I saw Star Wars I had already seen stuff like Indiana Jones (I love Indy, it's the best thing Lucas ever did imo) so my idea of action was of a higher standard than what Star Wars was doing.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Zeldafan79

Hey do any of you guys wonder why the mandalorian isn't on DVD yet? I mean not officially. I had to resort to bootlegs off ebay but for real that show needs to be on some form of home media. I know DVD's aren't cool anymore but what if you wanna show it to a friend who doesn't have Disney plus?

Somebody get on that!

Edited on by Zeldafan79

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic