Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 1,108

Kermit1doesmath

@Professor_Plumber I only liked that one and the Aardman one... These were a bit more of a mixed bag for me... Then again you're talking to the person who loved the space siblings who could breathe in space.

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

@Professor_Plumber eh, I'll give em a re-watch. I wasn't really in an animation mood when they dropped, I just wanted to see if any of them would be as insane as that one episode.

The Aardman one legit kinda surprised me.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Kermit1doesmath

@Professor_Plumber Marvel (or DC) should do them... Hot Take: What If kinda sucked.

Cool, can't wait.

Zach Stone is gonna be a famous TV show.

Truegamer79

So hey everyone have you heard the rumors? Well apparently the upcoming mandalorian movie may Canonize Mara Jade somehow. That's the word that's going around. How would everyone feel about that? I'm asking because I'm currently reading through the original thrawn trilogy of books for the first time and i hear Mara Jade has her fans. Sadly these books were removed from Canon according to Disney so yeah should Mara be a true part of the Canon and not just thrown under the bus as it were?

Truegamer79

Kermit1doesmath

@Truegamer79 Hmm, if she's canon I hope this means they start to slightly retcon some of the sequels because if she is canon it brings up the question of "where was she" during those films (hopefully not dead).

I'm all in if they are true. It would be nice for some more Legends stuff to become canon... Again

Doesn't mean they are gonna retcon anything but it is an idea

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Truegamer79

@Owl1

Yeah that would raise alot more questions with the already confusing and down right half assed plots of the sequels. Not that i didn't enjoy alot of the good moments but it really feels like the writers just didn't know what the hell story they wanted to tell. Supposedly parts of the thrawn trilogy are set to be incorporated into the mando movie so that could be interesting. It's a shame these books never became films. Just imagine the sequel trilogy we could have gotten.

Truegamer79

Kisrah

I'm sorta "new" to Star Wars. I've always been well aware of the series, and knew most of the plot of the original trilogy and the prequels, but never really cared to pay attention to any of it until very recently. Picked up a box set of the main nine movies a couple of weeks ago and watched them all. And I enjoyed it! Will be checking out more stuff as soon as I get the chance.

The one Star Wars thing I DID love was Knights of the Old Republic. I have no idea why I decided to pick up a game based on a movie franchise I didn't really care about at the time, but I did. I'm playing through it again now, and crossing my fingers KOTOR remake will still happen. Never picked up KOTOR II during its original release though. Got it now and plan to finally start it after finishing the first game.

I beat Jedi: Fallen Order recently too. Brilliant game. Gonna pick up Survivor ASAP. Though for the sake of finishing TotK it will have to wait a while...

Forever juggling half a dozen games across four different platforms. Sometimes I actually finish one.

Kisrah

@Professor_Plumber Honestly, I enjoyed the sequels. But that's all I want from a movie. I know a lot of people dislike them for various reasons. I've just never been the kind of person to scrutinise these things so closely. Am I having fun watching this? Yes. Good enough for me!

Haha if Survivor is that good I definitely need to finish TotK first. Starting Fallen Order when I did already hampered my Zelda progress. Sounds like Survivor would tear me away again!

Forever juggling half a dozen games across four different platforms. Sometimes I actually finish one.

Kisrah

@Professor_Plumber Always good to find people who feel the same way about entertainment!

Nice to hear Survivor is longer. Fallen Order felt a little on the short side to me. Probably would’ve cut a lot of time off if I hadn’t been going for all the achievements. I am so tempted to go look for a copy today!

RR529

Yeah, Survivor has been pretty good. A bit overwhelming when Koboh really first opens up (I'm probably in the minority when I say I thought Fallen Order was probably about as long as a game of this type should be), but once you get most of the open world area explored and fast travel points unlocked it becomes a lot more manageable & the "metroidvania" style progression is as enjoyable as ever in the tighter, more focused areas/worlds.

While the framerate has improved a lot since the early patch(es), I still get an occasional crash though (playing on PS5). There was one Rift Tear challenge that took me like 20 tries to complete, focusing on wall running & dashing through green barriers, and it crashed on me just as I interacted with the goal marker. It didn't record me completing it & needless to say I was livid, lol. Luckily I was all warmed up by that point and cleared it my first time when I tried again.

Took me about 30 tries or so to complete the Rift Tear under Pyloon's Saloon. The one with all the wire riding, and I was so scared it was going to crash on me but luckily I got through it and immediately went to save without any issues.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Kermit1doesmath

@BobTheBunkerGuy it would be cools if Disney would have a Star Wars show on Tuesday and a Marvel one and Wednesday.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic