Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 72,761 to 72,780 of 74,042

ComfyAko

@Scooby-Doo Wow that's ultra rad. I'm familiar with most kanji there (when they are used in words I recognize) but can't tell what sound they should make. Hiragana and Katakana are very easy (unless they use some weird font for Shi/tsu/n/so as they look very similar) but I couldn't read almost any of full names because of the kanji.

@Kermit1 I agree, it's one of my all time favorites for chilling. But I still think Vanilla Twilight should be the biggest hit.

@blindsquarel It's all fun and games until the monster under your bed comes and asks if they can watch scary videos with you

Edited on by ComfyAko

Magnum Kekus

Kermit1

@blindsquarel are you scared a horse is gonna turn into a dragon and eat you? I'd be scared too.

Currently Playing:

Known to be quirky on occasion

Scooby-Doo

@ComfyAko Yeah, those ones really bug me, because I often have to look twice to figure them out. It makes fast-moving credits and the like a pain, but I'm normally quick enough.

I used to be scared of the dark. Then I played Silent Hill, and I'm not scared of the dark anymore. I genuinely don't know what happened there.

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

What if they got Alex Hirchis To do his Stan voice for a rick replacement?

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Noir a tomato/replicats, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H
Holy S##t guys Puss in boots 2 is great
https://youtu.be/bEoNNYyVNxc - Puss in boots 2 preview

blindsquarel

@Kermit1
Nah, I made the mistake of reading up about skin walker’s and stuff like that yesterday.

Currently playing: Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story ( remake)
Self proclaimed master of Rex Kwon Do

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika If they did that I'd start watching it.

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice, River City Girls
Currently looking to branch out into other games that aren't Jrpgs/Visual novels.
Likely to drone on, sorry, y'all.

SlashFuture

Kermit1 wrote:

Cheeeeese

Untitled

Background Character in my Own Story.

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PC

I may post sporadically, but I'll try to reply as soon as I can!

Kermit1

@blindsquarel horror stuff doesn't really scare mainly because it's fake and made up... But Dark Crystal still scares me...

Currently Playing:

SlashFuture

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika As long as we have a MCU space theme, I'll be happy...

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PC

ComfyAko

@Scooby-Doo Damn, looks like I got 1200+ days and nothing to show for it. I can't read Japanese that fast.

Good job, I'm guessing you're like at least N3 now?

Magnum Kekus

Scooby-Doo

@ComfyAko Maybe, haven't checked. I'm just naturally a quick reader, though, and I did start learning when I was 9 or something, so I had a serious advantage.

I used to be scared of the dark. Then I played Silent Hill, and I'm not scared of the dark anymore. I genuinely don't know what happened there.

SlashFuture

@Kermit1 Lol

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PC

Kermit1

Creator Clash 2 looks huge, what a lineup, and I don't even really like boxing lol.

Currently Playing:

ChaoticKirby

Out of curiosity, how many removed comments/warnings can get you suspended?

I casually reference dead memes. A lot.

I would also suggest looking behind you.

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Truly a sad way to go.

I loved that movie! Gotta be honest, I thought it as Gonna suck, but it didn’t, it was actually thought out, we need more stuff like that.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I edited a pfp! I really like it, I did have some editing hiccups tho. I will use it next week.

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@ChaoticKirby it’s not so much removed stuff as why they are remove. For instance if you get into alot of spats with alot of users you will be fine as long as your aren’t intentionally starting fights. It’s more of the thought behind a comment. Like if I tried to bait a fight or wrote because I legitimately believed say “Covid isn’t real” I would get banned because that’s inappropriate behavior. Or if you fight with a troll you fought but since it was a rude troll you wont even get a slap on a list. Basically your fine unless you really deserve it

@Snatcher and he touched alot of franchise in face he also just got dropped from Disney too. His legacy eill unfortunately last a long time

I definitely didn’t expect to enjoy it but the plot was good, characters were sharp, costumes/set great and music awesome even after the atrocious opening set my expectations really low I found myself enjoying it

@SlashFuture don’t worry about that there are still other space marvel characters and other guardians of the galaxy teams. There will still be ways for marvels space adventures to continue

@TeaCatherine that would be awesome Alex is an incredibly talented voice actors seeing as how hooty, king, stan and soos are all voiced by him and none of them are his original voice. He would actually make a pretty grrat Roiland replacement

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Noir a tomato/replicats, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H
Holy S##t guys Puss in boots 2 is great
https://youtu.be/bEoNNYyVNxc - Puss in boots 2 preview

Anti-Matter

@ComfyAko
Kanji words have two different spelling:
Kunyomi = Japanese style spelling
Onyomi = Chinese style spelling.
If you have ever seen Kanji letters either from video games or anime, you will notice there were some Kanji words with same letter but have different spelling.
That was because it paired with specific Kanji or Hiragana and made different spelling.
This is one example.

It can be spelled Tanoshii if written as 楽しい = Happy, which it's spelled with Kunyomi style.
It can be spelled Raku if paired with another Kanji with both of them are spelled with Onyomi style. (楽園 = RakuEn = Heaven)
It spelled Raku as it came from Chinese spelling Le but Japanese letter have no L letter so everything from L letter will be spelled as R letter.
Kanji letters are borrowed from Chinese letters so if you have ever study Chinese or ever understand some Chinese letters, by looking at some Kanji letters even you don't know the spelling in Japanese as long you already know the meaning from Chinese letter that's already enough. Some basic Kanji letters for RPG games such as reading the elemental weakness.
火 = Fire
水 = Water
雷 = Lightning
氷 = Ice
風 = Wind
土 = Earth

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Kermit1

@Anti-Matter This is how I remember Kanji. Good ole Power Rangers.
Untitled

Currently Playing:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic