Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 72,781 to 72,800 of 96,530

ChaoticMagolor

Morning

@Zuljaras He looks like a cross between a mobilin and a bokoblin. The artstyle looks really good though, and works with the character. Great job!

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

Anti-Matter

I'm bored.
Tell me which games should I play today?
A. PS4
B. Switch
C. 3DS

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

@Eagly With this news I could easily see the Game Awards debuting a new award category this year, "Best DLC/Expansion".

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Sunsy

Time to get to the replies. Those who missed it, I had a great day yesterday as my neighbor took me to the local dollar store, and I found a Trolls tote bag there, and mastered the backwards long jump in Super Mario 64, and had some snow in the evening.

Eagly wrote:

@Sunsy The forums are 99.1% pure. I can expect almost all of my conversations here to be positive. I think most of us here are young and accepting or to old to care. This is an awesome site that I am happy to spend time as part of it. You shouldn’t have to not talk about what you love over fear of being made fun of. I like everyone here cant promise to like everything you like and vice versa but I’m always willing to have a pleasant conversation about it

I don’t stay polite. I definitely get into spats with people on this site. I know this is hypocritical because of what I say about blocking and I try to do that but sometimes people say something stupid and I try to correct them. That goes doubly when they come after me unprompted. The comment sections get nasty and I should take my own advice and just block people. Stay out of the comments unless you are ready for a fight. Almost entirety of my block list is commenters. I have only had to block one fourum user

Backups are great. The way I see it once severs go down emulation will be the only way left to preserve these games. It might not be accepted by everyone but the way I see it video games are art and we don’t destroy art or make it inaccessible that is the opposite of the purpose of art. So I am all for using emulation to preserve games for future generations. I am definitely going to enjoy it but doom and wolfenstien first

I don’t think so I won’t know for sure until Tuesday a terrible time to get a movie but I don’t care whatever is going on that day will be side tracked so I can rewatch the masterpiece

Definitely, as I mentioned before, I feel like I can be myself. I agree with that, no one should be afraid to talk about what they like. I remember being in scenarios at old gaming forums I went to being like "is what I'm going to say about this game going to get me flamed?" then I just won't talk about it. Not exactly a heathy thing to do.

I wouldn't worry too much about a spat here or there. I still remember someone trying to start something about GOG by spreading misinformation on their games requiring Internet connection to play, despite games being DRM-free and not requiring Internet after they're downloaded (I've installed GOG games plenty of times without Internet, and even without an ISP when I moved, had no Internet, and wanted to play something). I still feel DRM-free games are the closest digital will ever get to "ownership," like buying a physical game.

That's the sad reality of it. Fortunately, I do have ROMs of the Sonic games, but those were sold with the Sega Genesis stuff on Steam. Unlike other companies, Sega sells the ROMs with their classics and they can be used with Sega's own emulator, or you can use them any other Genesis/Mega Drive emulator. Going back to DRM-free, it's the best choice for preserving games, no DRM or connections to worry about. Sad many in the industry don't adopt it.

Today's the day! Enjoy it when it comes. I want to get a copy of it on DVD like I do with movies I love, but can't at the moment, so I'll wait for the inevitable Peacock release. I want to watch it with mom as Puss reminds her of our cat (he's orange too). She has seen Puss In Boots, and most of the Shreks outside Shrek 3.

Tyranexx wrote:

@Sunsy You've touched on another annoyance of mine when it comes to many mobile games; they technically can't be played without an internet connection. Not always an issue, but sometimes I'm out in the sticks (like my parents' place) where reception isn't reliable, plus their broadband...isn't great. Obviously it would depend on the game, but Pokemon Shuffle really doesn't need to be online outside of the occasional check-in IMO.

I will say that loading retro games on a phone is sometimes way more convenient than lugging old hardware, its case, and some cartridges around. XD

Yeah, I remember trying to find games that didn't require wi-fi because of it. I think Sonic Dash didn't need a check-in when I first played the iOS version, but I don't know if that changed. The Sega classics line up requires online because of the ads, when you play for free. After paying the $2 to remove ads, the games can be played offline since the one internet requirement was removed.

Definitely, especially since the Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 iOS/Android ports are not emulated versions, they're ports with added features, like playing as Tails in Sonic 1.

ComfyAko wrote:

@Sunsy That's neat, traditional drawing does have this sort of refinement to it. It's also more of a hassle for me because of all the stuff you need too keep around and I keep losing pencils. I'll give this mlp a try but I gotta figure out what was first because there are like 2 series and a movie now, lol. Glitch tech is great, and it's much more fun if you understand all the gaming references, but even without it, it's very good. You played MLP Maritime Bay Adventure? I thought this was a ghost game, nobody reviewed it and I didn't know anyone who would buy or play it. I heard it's only like 1h long

Definitely, though I got in the habit of keeping my most used stuff with my artpad, and the rest of the colored pencils in a box. The movie My Little Pony: A New Generation, was first, then the series. Yes I have, I wanted to play it because I liked the movie. It's about two hours start to finish, a bit longer if you're trying to collect the stars. It plays along to a story similar to the movie, and it's mostly a collect-a-thon, with some mini-games here and there. Storywise, it was faithful to the new movie and series.

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy If you enjoyed the first two Splatoon games, then yeah I'd recommend Splatoon 3 for sure. It's not super different compared to its immediate predecessor, but there's quite a few QoL changes in it, most of the new special attacks are awesome to use (especially with a little practice), and there's some new Salmon Run bosses too. There will be more stuff on the way too, I did see that the Kraken, a special attack from Splatoon 1, will be making a comeback.
That's cool, I do like playing Super Mario 64 every now and then. It may not control the best and I'm not a fan of a few of its levels, but it's definitely my most nostalgic 3D Mario game. I last played it on NSO+EP since getting it on late 2022.

Ah that reminds me, we had to replace the living room TV in 2019. The previous one was a bit too small, so we got a larger one that's the same screen size as my game room, 55 inches. I sometimes play in the living room, when we have family over and stuff like that.

Gotcha, you'd think they'd have a secret up there, like a few 1Up Mushrooms. Oh well. lol

That's good to hear you got to fix those Apex connection issues. Do let me know when you're ready. I'm normally free around the evening, at least in my time zone.

Oh, and Sunsy, you'll like this. Mom and I started seeing a Disney movie each month this year! On January, we saw Beauty and the Beast on my birthday, and on Valentine's Day, we saw Cinderella. We were thinking of seeing Pinocchio next month, and I do remember it's one of your favorites. It's been so long since I've seen it!

Cool, it's something I should consider getting at some point. Always loved how Splatoon did online shooter games differently than most AAA developers do. This is coming from someone who likes playing Apex Legends too.

Yeah, it's definitely showing it's age in level design, as in some levels feel like 3D models placed to make a level, but it's the charm of it being an early 3D game. Also, I never realized how weird the game gets. You go from Peach's castle and Bob-omb Battlefield looking like actual places, to whatever the heck Leathal Lava Land is, which looks like a big area of lava with platforms and bridges, to even questioning "How did all these rooms fit into that shape of a castle?" It adds to the mystery of the game, and making me like it even more. I do not mean all of this in a bad way at all.

Nice, I think the living room one is a 40 inch (we have a small living room so it's just right), and 32 inch ones in both bedrooms. I do most of my gaming in my bedroom obviously.

Will do. Now if I can find a good time to play some Tetris.

Awesome, enjoy Pinocchio when you see it. My childhood favorite, I'm even possibly one of the few people who enjoyed the remake. Poop joke scene aside, I liked the remake and some of the new stuff they did in it. Of course the original Pinocchio will always be the best IMO.

Eagly wrote:

@Sunsy kermit was being pure evil and harassed an innocent bot because they were spamming our site with useless threads he must be stopped

Those pesky spambots, smh.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

EllaTheQueen6

@Sunsy Man, I knew you've seen it! It just seemed like something you'd watch.
@ComfyAko Man, don't worry about the depression thing. I'm completely fine.

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

EllaTheQueen6

@Eagly I'm watching a guy on YouTube rant about how Little Caesars is the best pizza to ever exist, and everything they've said I agree with.

EllaTheQueen6

EllaTheQueen6

@TeaCatherine Oh my god, Catherine. It's a pizza chain, and it's the best one to ever exist.

ChaoticMagolor

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Love their pizzas. Decent prices too, and their Hot-N-Ready gimmick is a pretty good way to skip the wait for a simple pizza. Their breadsticks are also really nice, especially with the sauce.

@TeaCatherine I'm guessing Little Ceasers is more of a western franchise. Not too sure.

All this talk about pizza is making me hungry.

Edited on by ChaoticMagolor

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

TeaCatherine

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Ah, as you know I'm in the UK and you don't get that chain over here, so I was wondering if it was a chain or a specific type of pizza.
@ChaoticMagolor Yup, you got it.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

EllaTheQueen6

@ChaoticMagolor No, it's not only American. I have an Egypt friend who's had Little Caesars. I can't remember whether he ate it in Egypt or KSA though.

ChaoticMagolor

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Huh, that's neat. I stand corrected.

@TeaCatherine Nope, I don't got it.

TeaCatherine

@ChaoticMagolor Well, I don't think you get them here, so you're at least half right.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

EllaTheQueen6

@ChaoticMagolor I remember one time I send a meme to that Egyptian friend (Seef, I've talked about him before) about outpizzaing the hut, and then we just talked for the next hour talking about how Little Caesars easily outpizzas the hut. Man, Seef is so cool.

card-crunch78

How do I stop getting emails from this site? I said “no” to newsletters and unchecked all “notify me when” boxes but my inbox is getting filled up and it’s making my migraine worse.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

card-crunch78

Thanks to "Turning Red" I've started getting an interest in Chinese and Japanese culture... mostly through food and music.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic