Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 55,701 to 55,720 of 96,519

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter So you can play some dancing games that need to memorize patterns but if the game is not about dancing you can't?

Some games are designed with many failures in mind until you learn the patterns and progress.

I think it is better to stick with casual games and Life/Farm simulators Anti

Edited on by Zuljaras

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter That game starts off way too hard, honestly...I played Network Transmission before getting to the Battle Network games, only because I was more familiar with the classic Mega Man series. I also got a game over while fighting FireMan for the first time, so that was frustrating for me as well. MegaMan's Mega Buster is so pathetically weak at first too, you'll need power up parts to make it stronger. The battle chips makes things a bit easier though.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

@Zuljaras
Maybe I need to watch again the gameplay video of Megaman Network Transmission from YouTube to find out what I have suppose to do.

My gaming genre are not just only on Rhythm games, Casual games & Life Sim games but also on other genre such as JRPG, 2D / 3D platformers, Fighting, Quiz, Party, Racing, Athletic Sports, 3rd person shooter (Ratchet & Clank), Strategy (FF Tactics), Action Adventure, etc.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
At first time, I was confused with chip usage and non familiar menu from Network Transmission as I saw completely different Menu system than the other games.
I have difficulty to digest with the gameplay system as I have never experienced with chip usage and some techniques to keep survive in Megaman Network Transmission.
But I still saw a potential from that game, just need some patience and know exactly the things to do.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

As someone who's been playing through user made levels in classic Doom on PC lately, I think you probably could guess how happy I am to see Doom Slayer as a costume in Smash. Maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but I genuinely don't mind these costumes. I did get Tails on Wii U.

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy I remember seeing Top 100 on a Nintendo Direct some years ago. I did like its premise of how it compiles 100 of the minigames from the older Mario Party games, but I didn't like how it was on the 3DS. Why not put it on the Switch instead? I heard it wasn't very good anyway, so I think you made a good choice out of those two. We are getting Mario Party Superstars out of it through, and that looks exponentially better.

I could say, not everyone had a Switch in 2017. I had to wait to get mine, so I welcomed the idea of having new games on Wii U and 3DS to play while waiting. Funny really, I have Breath of the Wild, Darksiders, and Cars 3 on Wii U. If only I had Just Dance 2018, then I could have said "I have the entire Wii U 2017 physical library" lol.

Tyranexx wrote:

@Sunsy Ah yes, I forgot EA essentially swallowed Maxis a couple decades ago. Such a shame, though unfortunately corporate buyouts are nothing new in many industries. Most of my rides in RCT weren't intentionally deadly, but there was a lot of trial and error (and some demolishing) at different points lol...Maybe a few dozen dead guests and exploding roller coasters.

Sadly, I was late to the Command and Conquer party, so it was indeed sad when I found out about what they did to Westwood. Though, that did make building rides and adjusting them more interesting.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

reporterdavid

Waiting for the Nickelodeon All Star Brawl review. Its this one or Mario Party.... this month (if i take it)

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Just curious. Was that the first Mega Man game that you've played?

@Sunsy Yeah I'm aware of that, it was the Switch's first year after all. Guess they wanted to have those classic minigames on a handheld, or that ND Cube got too far in development before getting their feet wet with the Switch's dev kit.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Tyranexx

@TheJGG Yep, I've read it's roughly 15-20 hours on average? Still a respectable length of it trims most of the fat, though in sure it has nothing on the full game. The smaller file size tempted me to get Metroid Dread digital, but I think it's a game I'd rather get physical; that's still the cheapest option in most cases RN. Glad to read you're still taking beautiful photos in Death Stranding. The only photos I've managed lately are the random ones I accidentally take when hitting the screen capture button on my pro controller lol.

@tekoii Looking forward to XC2! I remember being hyped when it launched but didn't have a Switch then. I also think it would've been cool to have other playable character races in Future Connected. While I love the Nopon, your two party members were essentially Reyn and Sharla in a cute, fuzzy package. Agreed that it focused too much on them. Wasn't too fond of the whole Ponspector thing either, though the worst bit was the one-dimensional High Entia villain; that guy added literally nothing. Would've been nice to know where the Fog King came from too. That said, I love the music introduced in the expansion.

@MarioLover92 Oh, there's a physical release of Torna, but it's out of print and being flogged for over $100 online. It is a separate download I believe.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

WoomyNNYes

reporterdavid wrote:

Waiting for the Nickelodeon All Star Brawl review. Its this one or Mario Party.... this month (if i take it)

The fact that NOBODY has put out a review, not even youtubers, really stands out to me. Last spring, a very anticipated game had an embargo that didnt' lift until 3-5 business days after release. I'm preparing for that kind of baloney. Hopefully it won't be that long, though.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
That was the first one ever (Megaman Network Transmission).
I have never played any Megaman games before.
I have a plan to get Megaman 11 also on PS4 since I heard it was easy enough for newbie players.

Anti-Matter

tekoii

@Tyranexx Ahh man, glad you feel the same on those flaws on Future Connected. The potential T^T. LOL yea, that one villain definitely airs on the side of worthless and contributing nothing really to the story or character interaction. Oh word, the origin of the fog king was never really explained, huh. Oh yea!! The battle theme is such a head-bopping and pleasant tune. They should rename it to Time to Dance!

@WoomyNNYes Yea, it's rather strange. I see a few videos on people playing the game, but no such thing as an actual review. I wonder if it maybe what you've described cause it really is weird. With all the hype leading up this game, I figured some reviews would be out day of.

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii In some cases, absence of reviews means nobody got a copy of the game before release date, but as you've seen, some youtubers have already posted gameplay footage on their channel. So, I guess it's not that? Unless, only partial games were available before release date.

Some might say playing the waiting game, waiting for the undisclosed embargo to lift, is better than actual video games.🤪😁

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx $100??? Yeah, no thanks. I'll go the download route, which was originally my plan anyway. I remember seeing Super Mario 3D All-Stars going for insane prices a while back, as well. Though, last I knew, there were still some copies on store shelves.

Just wanted to say I was a bit surprised by how small Metroid Dread's file size is, but yeah I'm with you on that one. It's really the kind of game I want physically - I went ahead and preordered the physical copy a couple weeks ago. Still a bit disappointed that I couldn't get the special edition, but eh, I tried. Didn't get the special edition for Metroid: Samus Returns either.

@Anti-Matter Ah okay. I know that Mega Man 11 has a newcomer mode, you'll likely have an easier time with that. (MM2 and MM10 have normal and easy modes as well, respectively.) Mega Man games are known for being pretty tough in general though, especially if it's your first time playing. The first one I ever played was Mega Man 3, and I wouldn't even finish a single level until a lot later. The cool thing about the MM games though, is that you can pick any Robot Master level in any order. That allowed me to see much more of the game from the outset, rather than having the player go through levels in a predetermined order, like in many other NES games for example. You're rewarded with a special weapon when you defeat a Robot Master too.

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Ahh right, there are several things it could be, I just wonder how critics are gonna rate this one. Based on footage and a lot of tubers saying 'it's fast or it's fun', makes it seem like it plays just fine. How do you feel about the game so far based on what we've seen?

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii Based on what I've seen of Nick All Star Brawl, I see a serious, strong attempt to aim for a Smash-Bros-like game. Nick All Star Brawl looks like it seems to have solid gameplay, character combat moves. It's probably fun. I'm predicting it could get a 75-80. A game that gets a 7 can still be very fun, very worth it. Here on NL, it will likely suffer from being compared to Smash. I'm curious to see if Nick All Star Brawl does on other platforms, and if it does better or worse than my predicted 7/10- 8/10. I don't mind being wrong. It's just fun to guess.

If it does that well, I think sales will be huge for Xbox. There's a gaping hole in xbox one library for a family friendly fighter. Last spring, my brother asked me if there were any fighting games he and my nieces would like on xbox one (nieces are 7, 10, 13 yo), but everything I could see in xbox's library looked too mature, or too f***ing mature, or too complicated, or nothing had the quality my brother wanted, like Nintendo games Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon. He's never seen Smash Bros, but that's the game that fit what he was looking for. In the case for my brother & nieces, I hope Nick All Star Brawl is decent enough.

Unrelated, for the heck of it, today, I posted some pics my current favorite car setups in the Rocket League thread, if you haven't looked.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Word word, I agree with all you said about NASB. I land on about an 8 for it. Ahh about that Xbox library.. I'm surprised there isn't many family friendly games on it. That's what I appreciate about Nintendo games is that they can appeal to that market. Nice, I'm glad your brother found Smash to game out to. I'm sure NASB is good for all of them and us lol.

That's cool dude, Ill give it a peep. It feels good to post up stuff you like or that you worked on. I get that feeling with my DA and YT. I put time and effort to love what I do there. Hmm.. posting that up and all, do you have a DA or stuff like that?

Edited on by tekoii

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii I'm assuming DA= Deviant Art. Nah, no DA.
I have a youtube, but it's just for hosting a few clips to share with friends. You've seen a couple of them - Rocket League goals. Most of my clips are unlisted.

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Yea, I mean Deviant Art ^^. I've been having a lot of fun building it up lately and its definitely a positive addition to my life! I even post some gaming media up there like screens and mii fighters and things. Been a lil while actually since we've played, played with a couple buds today and you def woulda made a great 3rd.

Snatcher

@tekoii I haven yet to play NASB, gonna play it at a friends, I can saw what I think about it then.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic