Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,121 to 54,140 of 96,487

Sunsy

@Snatcher The song of nightmares. I wish the game was on the eShop. I just have Sonic CD on my PC, phone, and GameCube via Gems Collection.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@Sunsy Man I thought it was on the E shop, sucks.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

Oh and if anyone is planning on getting DBZ K on the switch, I would wait for a sale, I was going to get it day one but PS always has the game on sale with all the dlc, and half the price of it on switch.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Eel

I uploaded an hour of low quality, low effort farming simulator gameplay to youtube. I'm sure this is the key to viral success.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

jedgamesguy

After my holiday I’m finally back to some semblance of normal. We did need to get tested, plus layover for almost four hours at the Cairo airport. So while it was a tough journey I’m ready to resume my normal life, and get ready to get back into things.

@Tyranexx I’m glad I made it, the effort we all made to make her day was quite admirable. Yesterday morning we opened her presents (I seemed to forget what we got her since I was on holiday!), and now I’ll be able to look forward to getting hammered by a massage gun if any back problems arise for me. And thank goodness every single one of our PCR tests came back negative, because getting back into everything, like swimming, work and music composition, is important now. Plus making these posts, we were only allowed three devices on the internet at once, and with four people it meant someone had to make concessions for another to get devices on. Meaning I rarely used my computer.

After four-ish games of golf over the holiday (three full games, plus one where I did six holes and backed out due to the heat) I can say that it was a massive challenge. So hard to keep a consistent rhythm, and the moment when you begin to try too hard is when your form takes a nosedive. When it was all done I’d usually have an average score of 4, against a par of 3. I’d usually get onto the green within two swings, and my putting’s rubbish. And at last the Olympics are over, it was a blast to watch. We missed a week of it so it’ll be a while until we’ve fully caught up with everything but the track and field stuff is really exciting. I tend to be in your situation when watching movies (ie. Tenet), if I’m not with someone who knows what’s going on I’ll get lost.

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve seen a lot of people wearing masks under their nose, and it’s really bothering. Not visibly but naturally something I’d feel uncomfortable about. While I appreciate the thought it’s been a thing since the dawn of time; humans disobeying the rules just because they can. Shame because this could very well decide the fate of humanity and all. While I think we were all very safe and sensible it was, frankly, a miracle we didn’t get sick because of the sheer amount of people. But it ended the way it should, the sensible people get off free! Either way I appreciate the goodwill, I hope you’re following your own advice too!

You haven’t had a Lindt chocolate? Oh dear God that… is unforgivable! Kidding of course, but they are really good. Not sweet, that doesn’t always mean good, but fine chocolate is always good. Always. But looking at images of Lindt chocolates was a huge mistake because I’m absolutely drooling at the sight of them. That’s the best part though, because at Christmas I’d sometimes get a Lindt advent calendar, and have one every day for 25 days. If you see one at Christmas do give it a go. We’re just on the fringes of beginning to think about Christmas now. Another year already?!

My mistake; it wasn’t James Gunn who said it, though I wouldn’t have been surprised if he did think about it. No, it was Taika Waititi, who directed the movie released directly AFTER Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2; Thor: Ragnarok. That’s also a space movie, so that’s likely how I got confused between the two. Taika’s a genuinely funny man, and the perfect person to helm up that slice of the MCU due to his ability to mix the dramatic with the utterly comedic. Going through the entire thing is a big ask but honestly I haven’t even watched any of the Phase 1 MCU films, save for Iron Man. It’s very easy to get into because of all the callbacks from one film to the next. I think the first one I sat down and truly enjoyed was indeed Thor: Ragnarok, and from then on I saw many more. My favourite… it’s hard. My best three are Avengers: Endgame for tying together an insane amount of loose threads, Black Panther, for the message, acting and action sequences, and Thor: Ragnarok for the comedy and just… general fun. With the first one, it was three hours long but felt like a normal movie. That’s the signs of a masterpiece, because movies like Tenet regularly made me check my watch for the time (funny considering the movie’s themes of reversing time).

I’ve made it to the final boss now. I tried facing him down on handheld but died very quickly, so I’ll need to buy a potion for only the fourth time in the whole game (a red potion plus two stamina potions for Fledge’s side quest). The whole showdown at the end (both the penultimate boss and actual final boss) is so dramatic and epic. Absolutely sends chills down my spine even on a six inch screen. Imprisoned the third time was very weird. The first time I was really struggling to slash its toes because of how fast it was moving, but after that it was a piece of cake, by using the Groosenator. Nearly lost the fight at the end because I had to run halfway across the circumference of the Sealed Grounds but it was such a fun fight. Second one was such a waste of time. Now I’ve… more or less beaten the game, I feel hungrier than ever for the next evolution of Zelda dungeons. I hope they don’t suck. And that the Clawshots turn up, those items are so much fun.

Ah, good to hear. I’ve come to terms with the fact that my moving around often doesn’t allow for hefty collector’s editions, so it’s all about game size now. I’ve sunk so much time into DDLC, beaten it twice and read all of the side stories. On those; I read them way too fast, I let one run on automatic scroll and it took thirty minutes to finish, meaning it would take about seven hours in total. In terms of content it’s very much based on how much you like playing the game over and over to get unlockable pictures, because there are some silly goals to do, like write a “perfect poem”, ie. selecting words for a single character 20 times without a mistake. In my attempt to cement the game’s standing to you I’ll say this: don’t expect to do much playing; it’s a book with pictures, as a video game. You’re very welcome on spoilers, hopefully that diligence pays off.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx I like your new profile pic! I was thinking of having one that shows the artwork for Mario Party Superstars since I'm excited for it. As for that phone thing, I've been in a similar situation, though it didn't involve an emergency call. I called my brother one time and it did pick up, but he didn't talk once throughout the call. I'm pretty sure it's because he had his phone in his pocket and it just answered by accident. I didn't have a phone until my college days - the first one I had was...not that good. It eventually broke down 2 years later, which was how I got my current one. Recently I've been getting that "storage full" notification so I keep having to clear data on my apps.

All righty thanks! I didn't know they had behind-the-scenes tours, but yeah I would imagine they're pretty expensive. Speaking of which, I wonder if Jungle Cruise is any good. Not sure if you've seen it already but I was thinking of seeing it.

@Sunsy I still have my old PC copy of Sonic CD somewhere (alongside Sonic & Knuckles Collection and Sonic R), that's how I first played it before Gems Collection came out. That was one of the first Sonic games that I ever beat too! Albeit without the Time Stones - I was like 10 back in the day, after all. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 I think I had that pack too! It gave me a second copy of Sonic CD, mom surprised me with Sonic CD when we got our first Windows PC. I have Sonic Gems Collection too, I remember Sonic CD and Sonic R not working with Windows XP being the reason to buy it. I did get the 2012 version of Sonic CD on Steam.

It's worth getting the time stones, or using the past signs to time travel to defeat the robot generators, for the good ending.

Been on a Sonic 1 kick lately, and managed to beat it on Game Boy Advance (felt like playing it after digging it up), iPhone, Sega Ages version on Switch, Steam, and because I can, GameCube tonight, lol.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

d0nkeyk0ng_jR

I think Donkey Kong Jr is better than the original Donkey Kong. Argue with me!

The Deranged Mother Fan Attacks!

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Oh that's cool, I first got that Sonic game pack while living with my bro and dad back in 2002. I played them on my dad's Windows 98 PC back then - I played Sonic CD at school as well, while I was done with class work, of course. I've gotten all the Time Stones before, my method of doing so was doing the special stages. They were pretty hard at times, not gonna lie. Got all the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 1, 2, and 3 & Knuckles as well - including the Super Emeralds in 3&K. Oh yeah, I have Sonic CD on Steam too - it's pretty much the definitive version of the game. Really wish the Christian Whitehead versions of Sonic 1 and 2 weren't exclusive to mobile devices though...hopefully Sonic Origins will fix that. The old-school Sonic games are perfect for the Switch.

I never got the GBA version of Sonic 1 - I heard it was pretty bad with a bunch of glitches and everything, and I was mostly into the DS at the time. (The last GBA game that I got back in its lifespan was Mega Man Battle Network 6.) With that said I do have Sonic 1 on a variety of platforms - Genesis, GameCube via Sonic Mega Collection, Wii Virtual Console, Genesis Mini, and the Switch (Sega Ages version).

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Eel

Apparently the GBA port of Sonic 1 was bad enough, that it directly inspired people into making a better port themselves, and that eventually led to these same people getting involved with official ports and games.

Bloop.

MarioVillager92

@Eel Ah yeah, I saw a YouTube video of Stealth's Sonic 1 GBA port long ago, which ran just like the Genesis original. I recall seeing that Tails and Knuckles were playable, but there were only a few levels from the original, so that was done as a proof of concept.

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Neat, I remember getting it summer 2001, and I was hooked to Sonic R from that pack. More so the find all balloons mode as I had fun just exploring the maps. Neat, yeah getting the emeralds is hard. Time stones I've gotten good at collecting, I've only got the emeralds in the standalone Sonic 3 (my Mega Collection save file has this), and got them all in the GBA and iPhone versions of Sonic 1, both versions had saving in it.

Yup, Sonic 1 on GBA does have bugs and slow down problems. Despite the problem, I still liked it even if that's an unpopular opinion. It was a cool novelty at the time to play Sonic 1 on the go, being out quite a bit summer 2007. Same, I have Sonic 1 on Dreamcast (Sega Smash Pack), GameCube, GBA, Wii, DS, 3DS, Steam (this version is the same as Sega Genesis Classics on Switch), Sega Ages on Switch, more recently my iPhone, so I have that to play the game on the go nowadays.

@Eel Yup, that programmer worked on the iOS/Android port, and Sonic Mania IIRC.

Maximumbeans

Whoa...now this is a thread.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

jedgamesguy

@Maximumbeans Yeah this is one of the older threads. And one of the better ones in my humble opinion; free from obligation and restraint. A place between dream and reality, mind and matter.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Maximumbeans

@TheJGG I feel its power \(•◡•) /

Edited on by Maximumbeans

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy I was pretty bad at Sonic R when I first played it on PC, lol. That was solely because I was using a keyboard at the time so I didn't spend too much time on it. I got better at it on Sonic Gems Collection, and it was there when I noticed how easy and short the game was. It's an interesting experiment to combine platforming and racing, and I like its main theme, but I have more fun with stuff like Mario Kart, Crash Team Racing, and Sonic Racing Transformed. It's cool if you like Sonic R though.

Yeah, I had trouble with the special stages in Sonic games back when I was younger. Particularly the later ones. Getting all the emeralds wasn't really a priority for me back then, and I didn't even beat the games yet, lol. Aside from Sonic CD, as I mentioned earlier. I had an even harder time going for the emeralds in the Sonic Advance games. They made it so hard and involved to even enter them in these games...I still have yet to get all the emeralds in them. At least in the Genesis games, the special stages were easier to enter.

@TheJGG That's pretty much why I visit here more often. It's a heck of a lot more positive than a lot of places we see on the internet, like the typical comment section.

Sunsy

@TheJGG I second this, one of the friendlier places I've been to on the net. I like coming back just to talk about things.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, I find the default keys in some Sega PC games odd. Sonic Heroes on PC has Y and B keys to switch characters. IIRC, Sonic R had space to jump and A was an action too. Didn't have too much trouble with keyboard. The Gems Collection version is the definitive version of Sonic R IMO. No fade in on the tracks and four player support.

Sonic Advance 2 and Sonic Advance 3 were the hardest to even simply access. Either collect special rings or in Advance 3's case, find 10 chao, then search for a key in the stages. The worst part of Advance 2, in order to unlock Amy, you need the emeralds with all characters. A slap in the face for an Amy fan (like myself), though she was easier to unlock in Advance 3.

chapuH

TheJGG wrote:

free from obligation and restraint. A place between dream and reality, mind and matter.

Ngl, this sounds like a blurb for a fantasy book's setting.

Hope you're having a good day.

Eel

Chronicles of Chitchataria

In a bookstore near you.

(It's a collection of text walls and non sequiturs)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic