Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,121 to 54,140 of 55,539

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter I think you need to read Eel's comment again. He said he WANTED to visit Japan, NOT that he has already been there...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

MarioLover92

@Eel The furthest I went from my home was California, which is where one of my uncles live. We got to go to his wedding the day before we flew back home. I pretty much spent the entire day flying from home to CA and vice versa - by the time I arrived at our CA house it was already nighttime!

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Eel

@MarioLover92 Yeah the US is almost ridiculously large! Driving from one end to the other, like in movies, would probably be very interesting.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Tyranexx I just don't like how the games that, well, kinda need it, don't have it, like splatoon.

Also does anyone have like a bond with there pokemon, bc I'm going through sword again I can't use my old team as there to high level'd but, I made this new team and idk, I ended up forming the same bond I did with my last team, now I like them both.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

ogo79

Snatcher wrote:

@ogo79 Think you can get me some skelo's on the beach?

Untitled
Untitled

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 "I'll take what I can get"

Good man...

never been called that before!

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Snatcher

@ogo79 Thank you good man.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Link-Hero

Something funny happened to me today. My job is food delivery, and I was doing part of my usual routine. Drove to a restaurant, picked up food, got into the vehicle, and went back onto the main road. Just as I got to the street, a guy driving on the right side of my car started screaming at me. Thinking I must have nearly rammed him without realizing it, I lowered the window to listen to what he was upset about. The second I cracked open the window, I heard him yelling at me in a mocking tone, asking why I was wearing a mask by myself in the car. To not give him the attention he wanted and be provoked into a fight, I tuned him out, closed the window, and speed ahead. Did not see him again after that.

So yeah, not only did I trigger an anti-masker, but this was my first time meeting one in person.

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Eel

The poor uneducated soul doesn't know the food is an important passenger

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ogo79

Snatcher wrote:

@ogo79 Thank you good man.

second time ive ever been called that before!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

TheJGG

@WoomyNNYes Well you know the old saying; don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. I’d take whatever I could get during this difficult period.

Funnily I’M off to the beach on Thursday, except it’s a beach resort, and way more than a six hour drive away. Shame then, that I have some outstanding work to finish during this holiday….

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Link-Hero Mask actually do work so idk why people are trigger'd.

Link-Hero

@Eel
Exactly! Don't want the cheeseburger and fries to get sick.

Link-Hero

TheJGG

@Link-Hero I didn't even see this absolute gem, that must have been absolutely hilarious! I hope you had a right laugh with your family, because that's something else. I'll say this though; congratulations on going sixteen months without encountering one of those people!

I admit that I do the exact same thing, even when it's only two people in a car. I've gotten very used to wearing a mask. I think; as long as this virus exists I'm wearing a mask.

ogo79

important piece here i just got.
my dad bought him for me when i was young, i rebought him again factory sealed, and this time...i wont be opening him.
Untitled
Untitled
all that detail...

the_shpydar wrote:

Link-Hero

@TheJGG
Actually, I didn't find the encounter funny at the time, as I was a bit moody from traffic combined with other minor annoyances. It was shortly after calming and thinking over what just happened. I'm also surprised that I never met one in person until now, but that mostly likely due to only leaving home for my job and shopping.

I live on my own with my older brother, so no one knows about it yet besides him. Gave him a phone call not long after the amusing incidence. The rest of the family will on our next meet up.

Link-Hero

TheJGG

@Link-Hero I've been in many incidents where something wasn't funny at the time but eventually became very amusing. Ah well, you're fortunate it took that long anyhow. People like that are painfully oblivious to stuff that should be right in front of you.

Dogorilla

@Tyranexx Oh, that's interesting that you had to pay a high-ish price for it. Here in the UK most Professor Layton games are really cheap secondhand, probably because the series was so popular here in its heyday. (Then again, the Pokémon games on DS are incredibly expensive now so maybe popularity has nothing to do with it!) But yeah, looking on eBay now, US copies of Last Specter are certainly more expensive than UK ones. I might still get it one day if I find a good price.

Unfortunately, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright is very pricey these days. That's the only Layton game I haven't played other than the mobile ones, and I really want to play it now that I'm into Ace Attorney. At least with 3DS games you can usually download them if they get too expensive to buy physically. There are a lot of DS games that I wish that option existed for.

Currently Playing:
Pikmin 3 Deluxe (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii), Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright (3DS)

CactusMan

@ThanosReXXX I´m also a Burgundian myself. I eat about 8 sausage rolls a day and drink 7 cans of beer. If frogs isn´t your taste you might try croissants stuffed with minced meat and red bell peppers.

Bamm!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6657-1971-4787

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - Haha, yeah cooking hot peppers in any way usually brings out the heat. Hopefully you had some milk on hand, though that only helps slightly. You kinda just have to wait them out. I got myself in trouble with Thai chili peppers once, it’s bad when you get so spiced up that you get hiccups.

I’m the same way though, I like all other bell peppers, and most of the hot peppers I’ve had, I just don’t like green bell peppers. It’s not a matter of cooking them or pairing them with the right things, I just think they’re gross.

@ThanosReXXX - Nope, I just don’t like green bell peppers, plain and simple. There’s nothing you could pair them with where I’d enjoy them. They’d just ruin the thing they’re paired with. I feel the same about black licorice. It’s just vile stuff in my opinion.

@ogo79 - I loved that cartoon and toy line man! I’ve always been a big Toxie guy. I had quite a few of the figures as well. The details are amazing. That was at the tail end of my earnest toy collecting, but I had quite a few of them. Good stuff.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@ogo79 "never been called that before!"

Well, there's a first for everything, you rambling bag of bones...

@CactusMan 8 rolls and 7 cans a day? That sounds more like binging to me instead of savoring the good things in life. And I also meant the finer cuisine, so sausage rolls are off the menu.

@bimmy-lee So, what is it then? The bitter taste? Can't be the texture of them, otherwise you wouldn't like the other bell peppers either. But in all seriousness, what I said earlier does ring true. The average decent chef would acknowledge that. It is possible to "hide" any ingredient in a dish in such a way that you would not taste or notice that single ingredient, but it would still add to the overall completeness of how it tastes and smells.

I can take myself for example: I simply HATE olives, but when mixed with other ingredients and processed into a tapenade to be used as a spread on bread or meat, I really like it. Same goes for white asparagus: I hate it, but I do like the soup that they make from it, long as there aren't any asparagus chunks in there. And I could easily name another four or five examples.

I also know a lot of culinary tricks to make certain foods palatable for kids, such as Brussel sprouts.

As for black licorice: as I mentioned to @Tyranexx, it's neigh on impossible for people to dislike ALL black licorice, especially as there are SO many kinds, with thousands of different flavors. I strongly suspect that your dislike comes from the fact that, unless it's imported, there isn't a single good example of a tasty kind of licorice in the States. It's just not a licorice country, so to speak. The Netherlands is, and the variety and amount they have is simply mind-boggling, so there should always at least be one type that might positively surprise you.

P.S.

Solid sugar (cubes or crystal powder) is a far better heat killer than milk, for when you've eaten spicy things.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic