Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,141 to 54,160 of 96,530

jedgamesguy

@Maximumbeans The power’s real, so enjoy your stay in this rather quaint thread.

@MarioLover92 @Sunsy It’s a special place alright. Without a doubt the only thread I regularly frequent, because all the cool kids hang around here.

@chapu2006 Ignoring the fact I stole that second phrase from the Persona series I’d be very much inclined to agree. Stay tuned for the new series: Chronicles of Chitchataria, featuring four hundred pages of my rants.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

I hope we will have a lot to talk about tomorrow after the indie showcase. 👃

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@TheJGG You would think I live here.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

If any of you are having a bad, well here I just fixed it for you.

Vortexeo

Random question guys... I just found out that the last indie world direct is the most viewed direct ever with over 10 million views. Does anyone know why this one blew up the way it did? Most indie world presentations don't break 1 million so I can't help but wonder why this one exploded lol.

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Snatcher

@Vortexeo Probably BC we got Splunk on the switch finally and among us.

Vortexeo

@Snatcher correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't seem like those games were shown in that presentation 🤔

NintendoByNature

@Vortexeo shredders revenge, my friend. That's all that matters at this point. And when it drops tomorrow, I won't be heard from for a good while.

NintendoByNature

Snatcher

@Vortexeo Oh S*** I'm sorry, I messed up LOL 😙 I thought you meant the from from dec 2020 for some reason, But uh ya, What @NintendoByNature said, Need no say more.

Tyranexx

Aaaand I'm stuck in the middle of another crazy week. At this point I'm afraid to list "X day is free" or something similar in case I jinx it.

@MarioLover92 Thanks! I've been wanting to change it for a couple weeks, but couldn't decide on anything. This one will probably hold until I get around to finding something fall or Halloween-themed. XD I do like your current pic!

Ah, I've never had that exact phone situation. Though mind is fond of occasionally dropping calls these days, plus I've had a couple of calls with my mom where her voice suddenly just turns into a lot of static when she speaks. It's really hard to describe, but it's annoying. I think some of it is the 3G switch in hindsight, though I also wonder if something with my phone's wireless isn't a little out of sorts. I received my first phone for my sixteenth birthday, a "dumb phone" with a number pad and everything. Not sure if today's teens would've been satisfied with it! XD

As for movies, I haven't seen Jungle Cruise, but I hope to get in to see The Suicide Squad soon. Campus as parts of it were, I did enjoy aspects of the 2016 movie. Never got around to watching Birds of Prey though.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Yeah, those tasks for getting to the special stages were ridiculous. Especially in Sonic Advance 2's case. Were they serious in asking the player to get all 7 special rings while you're speeding through the levels??? If it was just "have 50 rings and finish the level," then that would have been okay. At least there would still be shields to help you hold on to your rings. And if you fail a special stage? Too bad! You gotta get them all over again. And yes, don't even get me started on how they require getting all the Chaos Emeralds with every character to unlock everything...no thanks. It's still a good game to play casually, but I would totally fix that special stage issue.

It's been a while since I played Sonic Advance 3, but does the game save the Chao you pick up, so you just collect them once and that's it? It probably does, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

@TheJGG Absolutely. I frequently visited the Animal Crossing: New Horizons thread here on NL to keep up with my friends there, back when the game came out. I kind of got burnt out on it though, so I play it occasionally these days.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

bimmy-lee

My daughter starts real, in person school tomorrow morning for the first time since March 2020, and it’s a new school for her, so she’s the new kid. She’s taking it all in stride, and this is much needed. One year of dad school is one year too many.

@Tyranexx - Practical effects are better than digital every time anyway. You can sit on the Matrix Witch idea for the next 50ish years until the technology becomes reasonable enough in price to fit the budget and then melt people’s faces and erase their minds with your nightmare code. Huh, I don’t know why I assumed you were writing about The Hut last time, maybe I just need a Pizza Hut ranch dressing fix. Just drown a crouton and goldfish salad with it.

@NintendoByNature - Who’s your source for this information, LordZed AGAINNN??? He’s been wrong on all his guesses since e3 2020. You gotta cut the cord on this guy. Big unfollow bro. DM him first and tell him you hope he eats a poop sandwich!!!

@Zuljaras - Nice skeleton warrior, mighty kind of you to make and ship that for ole ogo. A lot of good stuff on his shelves, that’ll fit right in.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx I just saw your post right when I posted my replies to the others, lol. Thank you! Not only am I excited for Mario Party Superstars, I love how it looks in general - Mario and his pals having a good time partying on classic boards. That's cool - fall is one of my favorite seasons. I adore seeing those colorful leaves on trees - it's a beautiful season for sure.

Ah I see...I haven't gotten that static sound too often, but it does happen on occasion. Probably because of connectivity issues or something - I admit that I'm not too savvy with phones, lol. Yeah, I think you're right on those old-school cell phones - pretty much everyone I see, myself included, has either an iPhone or an Android phone. Believe it or not, I knew someone from college who had one of those flip phones instead.

That's cool. I haven't seen Suicide Squad but I remember it was pretty huge back when it came out. I have seen Batman (1989) a good while ago and saw most of The Dark Knight. I remember my mom liking the latter, and she's not even a comic book person. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Eel

Sigh, we get a two-minute thunder storm on Monday and the Internet is still being weird now. Like, the now-I’m-here-now-I’m-not type of internet.

In other news since the internet is being slow and I’m bored... I rounded up three sets of in-ear wired headphones I had around the house and compared them. Standard Apple EarPods (they’re not the ones that came with my iPod, I just randomly found them, must be from my brother’s previous phone), some mid rage Skull Candy earbuds I bought myself, and a set of generic “premium” dollar store earbuds I got because why not (you know, the kind that are 3-4 dollars instead of 1!).

Here’s the results of my analysis.

1- Sound:

The Skull Candys seem to have a higher bias towards lows, and an overall nicer sound. However, they have this weird quality where the more sound-canceling rubber tips created a sort of string-phone effect, so I was perfectly able to hear every little movement of the wires, and even the vibrations caused by my fan whenever the songs got quieter.

The Apple ones are the only ones without rubber tips so they caught the least vibration based interference. But it also means they accept the most outside noise of them all since they don’t have any natural noise cancellation. Sound wise they are pretty nice.

The dollar store ones were surprisingly not bad at all. They held up pretty well and were pleasant enough that I will keep them handy. The rubber tips are thinner, so they’re probably there to keep the buds in the ear more than cancelling noise.

2- Function:

Both the dollar store and Skull Candy ones come with a microphone unit with a single button. The button worked with my iPod touch just fine to play/pause and switching to the next song/restarting the current one.

Both buttons did absolutely nothing when used with my iPod Shuffle.

The Apple ones have the full three button control unit with the microphone, which adds volume control. It’s also fully functional with the Shuffle.

Both the Apple and the Dollar Store ones are shaped in a way that makes it easy to know which ear they go in.

The Skull Candy ones have no obvious markings or anything. I assume the side with the microphone goes in the right ear?

3- Comfort:

The Skull Candies have really good rubber tips, which means they feel nice on the ear. But after a bit they cause an uncomfortable feeling of suction on the ears. The string-phone effect doesn’t help.

The Apple ones don’t have any rubber tips and cause no suction, at the same time, using them for too long can cause a little pain because they’re solid hard plastic. They are the easiest to take off, whether intentionally or by accident.

The dollar store ones were a nice middle ground.

Here’s my official ranking nobody asked for:

1- Apple: nice and easy to use, fully featured. Only painful after extended continuous use.
2- Dollar Store: perfect backup material. Cheap enough that I wouldn’t get mad if they fail on me unexpectedly.
3- Skull Candy: technically best sound? But weird issues make it uncomfortable to use them for longer than a few minutes.

That’s it for today’s episode of Eel Tech Talk. Don’t forget to hit the like button, and subscribe for more.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jedgamesguy

@Eel I'd love to have a thread just for your tech talks. Very detailed analysis and insights!

Linus Sebastian ain't got nothing on you!

@Vortexeo I've put down about 25-or-so pages on the Xenoblade novel. Take a look when you can!

I tried to add more descriptions for the second chapter, I'm a bit happy with how it turned out.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Vortexeo

NintendoByNature wrote:

@Vortexeo shredders revenge, my friend. That's all that matters at this point. And when it drops tomorrow, I won't be heard from for a good while.

Oooooo that's true! Can't forget about that one

Vortexeo

@TheJGG Dude awesome! I'll definitely be checking it out once I get the chance! Btw, what do you think of those XC3 leaks? lol

Huh, kinda strange I never got a notification when you tagged me @TheJGG. Did you tag me after you made that edit?

Edited on by Vortexeo

jedgamesguy

@Vortexeo Indeed I did add my post to you as an edit. It’s weird like that so I’ll keep it in mind.

Do enjoy what I’ve done though, it’s easily the most in one day I’ve done, it’s coming along nicely.

As for potential Xenoblade 3 rumours, I’m not gonna expect anything, but I’ll be cautiously optimistic nonetheless. But still, Jenna Coleman. Was that a lie, or a Freudian slip? We’ll need to see but she’s a high profile actress, who has experience with NDAs.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Vortexeo

@TheJGG Haha, I'm cautiously optimistic as well. I'm kinda hoping the concept of the leak isn't true but I am eagerly waiting for the next direct now lol. I'm also hoping that I'll actually have time to play it if a new title does get announced. Ever since summer started I've only been able to play games on weekends and it sucks lmao.

Edited on by Vortexeo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic