Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,101 to 54,120 of 55,780

TheFrenchiestFry

@Tyranexx Canadian here

It's a very lively place to be. Quebec (mainly Montreal) and Ottawa in particular are pretty big tourist attractions that me and my family have travelled to on road trips and it's where a lot of key landmarks are like Parliament Hill and Mont Tremblant

Toronto is also like New York except not as much litter on the ground lol

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Snatcher

@Tyranexx I hope not, please, I will half love switch online if they do.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - Mice sure are sneaky little devils, they can squeeze in, around, or under amazingly tight spaces. I bet they just love your attic space with all that ready made bedding just waiting for them. When I was in real estate, I was in a whole lot of attics, and it was pretty rare to not see some kind of evidence that they’ve been there. We have the little brown field/wood mice around my place. They don’t come inside (knocking on wood), but they’re plentiful in the yard. They’re so small and cute that I don’t do anything about them, though my neighbor’s cats definitely don’t share this opinion.

Totally with you on the green bell peppers. You could stew them for three days trying to cook every last bit of flavor out of them, and it’s still the only thing I would taste if you added them to a dish. They could be chopped paper thin with a razor blade and added to a salad with 20 other ingredients, and they’re still all I’d taste. I just can’t do them at all on anything, always been this way too.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

VoidofLight

@Snatcher Honestly, if you can find a copy, any of the gen 4 or gen 5 games are pretty good. They’re grindy, but have good stories and gameplay.

Also, @Anti-Matter I never bothered to complete the pokedex in any of the games, and never bothered to complete the compendiums in yokai watch. The befriending system in 1-3 is kind of abhorrent, and the recolors seem a but too much.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

VoidofLight

@Tyranexx I can honestly see Legends being the first game in the series to have cloud saves, given it lacks online compatibility, making it impossible to clone pokemon or cheat.

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
From All monster taming games i knew (Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Yokai Watch), Digimon was the least favorite as i didn't really like the storyline, some monster design and the branching of the series. If i rank every monster taming games i knew, it will be like this.

Yokai Watch > Monster Farm > Pokemon > Digimon

The reason Monster Rancher is higher than Pokemon because i grew up first by Monster Rancher 2 on PS1 and Monster Rancher 4 PS2 during 2000's era, also i have ever followed the anime series of Monster Rancher (Monster Farm in Japanese title) since year 1999. Too bad, the franchise was not as popular as Pokemon despite it has very unique way to regenerate the monster in game by inserting any CD or DVD (DVD is for PS2 version) to regenerate monster from the disc you inserted and there are some specific CD or DVD that regenerate Rare monsters. The CD or DVD could be from games or music or movie or backed up CD / DVD disc. There is no fainted monster after get KO in Monster Farm anime, even the monsters could get killed or aging or sickness and they will turn back into medal with some roots wrapped the medal (the sign of dead monster). In the game, if your monster got very high damage and KO, they might be sent into hospital for got injury and sometimes they will die after get KO by extreme damage from battle. Well, that was harsh.

Yokai Watch is currently higher than Monster Rancher and Pokemon due to some interesing monster / Yokai design, more interesting storyline and interesting way to get monster by using Gatcha machine in game to get almost random things (Yokai or usable items or accesory or fusion items). The amount of how many coins can be used to use Gatcha machine depend on the series as they have different rules.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation but Digimon games are not really my cup of tea. I will find one more XBOX game from the genre that i still haven't added yet or the game that have similarities with the game i knew from my last experience. ☺

@nessisonett
Hm, Psychonauts and Jet Set Radio ?
(Watching the gameplay from Youtube)
Not sure about those games. 🤔

@Eel
Eh, Sorry. Maybe i was too excited with Yokai Watch games. 😅

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Anti-Matter

@VoidofLight
Same, i don't collect every Yokai medals as there are some Yokai design looks weird
or spooky to collect. Also, there are some rare Yokai that i might impossible to get them due to require save data from other series or from optional quest with very hard challenge.
Befriending Yokai in YW1 and YW2 are kinda frustrating if you don't put Shmoopie or Cupistol or Casanuva in your team to have higher chance to befriend Yokai after battle. But on YW3, there is an ultimate item called Forbidden Fruit (Purple apple like forbidden fruit in Bible) to get any Yokai after battle by rate 100% (The Master Ball in Yokai Watch games) and getting Forbidden Fruits is very easy, just scan the QR codes from internet (there is a website that provided 400 Forbidden Fruits QR codes).

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Oh I don't mind grindy. I just can't wait for the remakes, I want to see what makes them so great, I also can't wait to see open world one.

I to hope legends have cloud save.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Tyranexx

@TheFrenchiestFry Duly noted! I know a little about Montreal thanks to an online acquaintance who lived there. Sounds like a lively city indeed. I'll pencil in Ottawa and Toronto as well (cleaner New York sounds nice, though I've never been to that city either). The latter is actually the closest for me, though it's still a heck of a drive. British Columbia (and the NW US as well) is also on my bucket list due to the natural beauty of those areas.

@Snatcher Being in IT, I'm honestly not chuffed about how Nintendo is handling Switch backups in general. But I've went on about that in length before, so I won't dive down that rabbit hole just now.

@bimmy-lee I've read if a hole is about the shape of a dime, mice can get into it. Pretty much anything they can fit their skull into. I try to take care of them as soon as possible if I hear them; there often aren't any visual signs outside. Unfortunately, my attic space isn't easily accessed, so I sometimes have to resort to bait. I was able to get one out of my garage using more humane methods though. Even found where the little squeak was sneaking in and stopped the opening up with steel wool.

Glad I'm not the only one who dislikes green bell peppers. I can tell my mom I'm not crazy now. Funnily enough, I don't mind red bell peppers as much. For some reason though, I tend to prefer peppers with a little bit of heat, like banana peppers or milder jalapenos. Nothing much higher than that on the Scoville scale. I tried cooked chili peppers once, thinking they wouldn't be as bad...I was very wrong. Nearly called the fire department.

@VoidofLight Ah, that's a fair point. I'd forgotten there wasn't any online compatibility with the games. Makes sense from a current gen metagame perspective, though not so much from a historical one since the original D/P/Pt had online capabilities.

@Anti-Matter To be fair, some seasons and designs of Digimon, particularly Season 3 of the anime (Tamers), were geared towards a slightly older audience compared to some other monster taming/capturing franchises. The reason I suggested it was due to some of the similarities between it and Pokemon/Yo-Kai Watch.

I know of Monster Rancher and briefly watched the anime back in the day, but I never really got into the series much. I had a few of the small plastic toys but didn't play any of the games (Didn't have the platforms the games were on mostly). In terms of gameplay, I'd say Pokemon is still king of my castle. In terms of story and side content, the Yo-Kai Watch series blows more recent Pokemon games out of the water. I didn't comment on it earlier, but I did see your reaction to what the Bonies and Fleshies were fighting over in Bony Spirits. XD That was indeed a crazy moment! I have Fleshy Souls. Played through it about a year ago.

I've been a little out of touch with Digimon over the last few years. I want to watch some new anime content that came out for it somewhat recently. It's been years since I've played any of the games, though I picked up Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition for the Switch for $20 USD a little while back.

Currently playing: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, Breath of the Wild DLC (Switch), WarioWare: Get It Together! demo

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

MarioLover92

@Tyranexx Yeah I agree with you on going to Japan. I don't really know Japanese so I'd definitely prefer having someone who's fluent in the language. All those places I wouldn't mind going, either - I haven't traveled that much but I would love to change that someday. That sounds like a pretty cool trail that you've mentioned, sounds like there's quite a bit of variety in where you can walk and stuff.

@TheFrenchiestFry That's cool. I live in the US but the state I live in does border Canada. It's kind of a shame I don't remember much about it though, lol - that was years and years ago, when I was insanely young.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx If they have them anywhere in your vicinity, look for Haribo licorice fish, they're great. They look like this:
Untitled
Other good ones from Haribo are Salinos:
Untitled
And half moons, which come in both licorice and fruit flavors:
Untitled
Untitled
@bimmy-lee You obviously never had a dish containing green bell peppers in combination with the RIGHT ingredients, in which case their bitterness actually ADDS to the overall flavor range, instead of standing out from it. I use them all the time, in pasta sauces, Asian dishes, and in raw salads. Long as you balance out the flavors and ingredients, it'll work out just fine.

On a side note: how are the plans for the exploded Ms. Pac-Man cabinet coming along?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

I'd love to visit Japan, Canada, Hawaii, Australia, and the usual places in Europe as well. The farthest I've ever gone from home is Texas though.

South and Central America, hm... I don't really have places there I would be interested in visiting. Maybe Machu Picchu?

Sigh then again, in the current world and with an expired visa (so I can't even go to the one other country I have visited besides my own), sometimes it feels like I'll leave leave my country again!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

VoidofLight

@Snatcher There’s a chance that the diamond and pearl remakes remove the stuff that made gen 4 good, since Gamefreak doesn’t really like putting too much content in their games now, but I hope they leave it in-tact.

Eel

Then again, gamefreak is not developing the games

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Anti-Matter

@Eel
How was your experience visiting Japan ?
Did you understand some Japanese words ?

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

VoidofLight

@Tyranexx Digimon is pretty good honestly. Didn’t like the season after Tamers, but all the other series are great, and the designs are pretty good as well. I have both the cyber sleuth games on ps4, but I’ve yet to beat them.

VoidofLight

@Eel True, but Masuda being involved bothers me a bit, seeing as how his fear of competing with phones is the driving force of them cutting stuff like the battle frontier.

There’s a chance ILLCA could leave stuff in-tact, and even add the platinum content, but all we can do is wait and see.

ThanosReXXX

@Eel I wouldn't worry too much about your travel options. COVID restrictions aren't going to last forever, and you're still young, so eventually, you'll more than likely get to put those stamps in your passport...

P.S.

If Amsterdam is also on your list of the usual places in Europe, and if you may need a travel guide, give me a heads up, and you've got one that'll only charge you a meal and some drinks...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

@Anti-Matter The closest I've ever been to Japan is... Touching the Pacific Ocean. (actually it might Isla Santa Margarita, to be specific)

@ThanosReXXX well, now it is!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Anti-Matter

@VoidofLight
I think Pokemon BDSP looks decent enough for 3D Chibi remake, as long it's not 2D Pixel perfect.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic