Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,101 to 54,120 of 96,298

Sunsy

@Snatcher Unfortunately, I don't own a PS4. Most of my consoles are Nintendo systems and PC, and a few Sega systems, Dreamcast and Game Gear. Mostly have them because of Sonic, but Dreamcast led me to discover other Sega games.

My brother did have a Genesis at one point, and we had Sega Channel too.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@Sunsy I love sonic, sounds like you do to, Unleash is what jumped drive my love for sonic so its close to my hart.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

roy130390

@bimmy-lee @Losermagnet Yup! Hearing Mike sing that is something that I didn't know that I needed haha. I think I still listen to "evidence" once a week. Such a smooth song!

Also yeah, Stories 2 has been amazing for me. I usually don't enjoy turn based RPG's and play them mostly for the story but this one has really fun gameplay. It even gets has good challenge and the amount of different combinations in weapons, armors, talismans and monsters is great. This game has the heart that Pokemon games are missing in their last entries in my opinion.

@Tyranexx Glad that you enjoyed it! Haha, I can't believe how much that A.I focused on Batman being an orphan. There's also a Harry Potter one that is comedy gold, specially narrated by Prozd.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

ogo79

Zuljaras wrote:

@ogo79 You got the item? I checked the tracking and it shows that it was delivered yesterday.

i was on my way here to let you know i got it today! this thing is huge! hes as tall as my skeleton figures! the detail and beauty cannot be seen over a pic on the internet. the entire thing screams of detail. this thing is completely awesome! the knife has so much colors of paint on it, i wish everyone could see this in person. even the green stand has different colors of green mixed in, brilliant.
it was hard to pop it off the base but you did a FINE job packing it just like you did MAKING the figure. id say this is one of the top 5 coolest things ive ever owned in my 42 years of living, and that says a lot because i own a lot of top cool stuff and was spoiled as a kid. this thing is so freaking huge and detailed! thank you so much! im headed to facebook to make pics of it in a while

bimmy-lee wrote:

@ogo79 - We don’t get to choose our Special Purpose, but we do get to choose whether we use it. It’d be a shame if you kept yours hidden. Let your little light shine!

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

sharing is caring:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
look at this!!!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

Eel wrote:

Ah! Is that the one Zuljaras made? So cool. Glad to see it survived the trip to its new lair.

yep @Zuljaras made this one.
its on the shelf looking real stout, next to a japanese import samurai skelly.

the_shpydar wrote:

Snatcher

Been having a really slow NL day Sigh 😔

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Sunsy

@Snatcher Awesome! Yes I do, I've always loved the Sonic series, and even enjoyed some of the games others didn't really like. I just always enjoyed this series in general.

Beat Sonic 1 on Sega Genesis Classics on Switch. Adding that to beating Sonic 1 on GBA, iPhone, Sega Ages on Switch, and Steam. Found it interesting this is a retail version of the Steam Genesis stuff, just Steam sells games individually in addition to the collection (and has Sonic 3 & Knuckles).

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

Love that skelly up there. So much detail.

@roy130390 The expired coupon for parents at the end about killed me. XD I might have to give that Harry Potter one a look too.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

@Sunsy Funny thing, I never did play S&K LOL. 😂

Sunsy

@Snatcher I've played it stand alone and lock-on mode. Funny thing is I was able to clear Sonic 3 with all the emeralds, yet I can't do it on Sonic & Knuckles. The game being harder really shows it's technically Sonic 3 part 2, lol.

Snatcher

@Sunsy I hate getting the emeralds in those games.

Tyranexx

@TheJGG I don't blame your mom for seeking out a nice beach spot lol. Sounds like she had a pretty good birthday, and the video + messages was an awesome and touching gesture. Take pride in pulling off what you did for her; things like that add up! ^__^

I'd prefer a nine-hole course, especially starting out. It reads as though the course you're using is well varied too. Should be great for getting in more practice, which it sounds like you're experiencing plenty of. I've never been able to sit through watching the sport on television, but I'd like to try watching it in person with someone who knows what's going on. A couple of close coworkers play on occasion, especially one now that his wife has retired; he needs to stay caught up!

I forgot to mention this in the last post, but a few of those people were also wearing a mask under their nose. It's better than nothing, but that mostly defeats the purpose of wearing the things to begin with. I'm fine with it if someone is outside and needs a breather if they're a sufficient distance from others (or heck, even taking them off), but indoors? It's a pet peeve of mine. Hopefully you haven't witnessed much of that. I was also slightly dizzy, though that was due to stress sending blood to my brain more than anything else. Looks like you're making the best of the situation and doing what I'd do if I were in your shoes.

Needing caffeine seems to also depend on how early I'm getting up and how well-rested I am to begin with. There are days I don't need it (this past Wednesday for one), but others where a nice cup or two of coffee or green tea helps get me going. I don't get headaches from a lack of it like some do, but it certainly makes a difference! The irony is I'm a pretty light sleeper for the last two hours or so I normally sleep, though this again depends on my exhaustion level. A lot of it seems to be natural wake-up progression vs. my alarm, which can be quite jarring if I'm in the middle of a sleep cycle. When I go to bed also makes a difference; I've been bad about that the last couple of nights again, but at least I could sleep in today!

Good point on how chocolate doesn't hold its form well, so it isn't well suited for normal shipping. Though mess aside, it's quite tasty melted too. Been awhile since I've had a Hershey's Cookies & Cream bar, but they are divine! As for Lindt, I believe that's another brand I've heard of but have never tried.

James Gunn wanted to ask Queen to work on Guardians of the Galaxy's score? Now THAT I'd like to hear! I'm trying to imagine it, but the only things coming to mind are bits and pieces of Bohemian Rhapsody....Funnily enough, I haven't seen the Guardians movies out of the MCU either. According to a certain Mad Titan, probably more users here at this point, I have a ton of catching up to do. XD Digital Love, Veridis Quo, and Face to Face are all decent songs too, I just have a tendency to mention pieces that really stand out to me over all others. I do appreciate how the acronym used for R.A.M. itself refers to the computer term. You should thank my manager for helping me catch wind of Daft Punk to begin with; he's the one that linked that Floppotron video I embedded a few pages back in the #random channel of our work Slack.

Song of the Hero is indeed a fun section. The Imprisoned? Eh...The first time it was fine, but after that...It isn't the worst fight in the series by far, but the sheer length and repetition each time does grate a bit as the game progresses. They didn't speed up the Loftwings? I never thought the controls or speed for them was bad, but a way to manually increase the speed if needed, besides diving, would've been nice. SS really does have some of the best dungeons in the series, which is why I hope many who might've overlooked the original games thanks to internet whining are now giving the Switch version a chance.

Since my last post, I actually looked up what's all included in the physical edition of DDLC and am inclined to agree. Some nice knickknacks to be sure, but nothing I absolutely need. I don't mind picking up the rare special edition of a game (if I can even get my hands on it...Stares at Metroid Dread SE), but only if I feel the extras are worth the extra cash. 1.5 GB for DDLC isn't bad either and is within my "comfort range"; I intend for my 256 GB Micro SD card to last for a good while. You've been very good about avoiding spoilers for the game, and I've likewise tried to be careful when web crawling.

Honestly, I get a kick out of scaring the daylights out of people (to a point), and in a way it's funnier when I'm not even trying. That said, most recent cases weren't intentional, but they're still hilarious!

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ogo79

Zuljaras wrote:

@ogo79 Ha I am really glad you like it!

its the best dude even my mom likes it lol

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Sunsy

@Snatcher Yeah, usually whenever I play classic games, I usually just enjoy playing the levels. Have gotten all the emeralds in Sonic 3 and Sonic 1, otherwise, I just sit back and enjoy playing them.

Years ago, I did get really good at getting the time stones in Sonic CD however.

Snatcher

@Sunsy Really? I love sonic CD but I never once did those time stones.

Sunsy

@Snatcher Yeah, there's two ways to get the good ending. Go back in time to the past and destroy the robot generators, or collect all the time stones. Always dug how cool Sonic CD's special stages were, so I just practiced different ways and routes to get them and eventually got all of them before Tidal Tempest was completed.

Water in Sonic is EVIL. Not only water stages, stepping on water in Sonic CD's special stages makes the clock tick down even faster.

Snatcher

@Sunsy I hate water stages in sonic just bc of the timer music. But I think I need to pick sonic CD on the Eshop some time.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic