Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,741 to 52,760 of 54,445

Heavyarms55

@ogo79 You remind me a bit of my father. When I was a kid he used to take me along with him to toy shows and flea markets and such looking for a lot of the toys he had as a kid in the 60s and 70s. Only to collect them this time. It was always fun going to events like that, and our basement was full of shelves of model cars, GI-Joe, and Lost in Space stuff. Though I don't collect the same stuff, it's because of him that I collect so much in general. For me it's trading cards, anime figures, model kits plushies and games.

Good memories.

Congrats on your find and good luck in future hunts!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Zuljaras

@Heavyarms55 I remember you saying that you did not like returning to the US but you have to admit that those flea markets, thrift stores and garage sales are amazing. I wish we had those in my country. I could get so many retro games!

Zuljaras

WoomyNNYes

So, why did Mario Kart 64 drift cloud have Es in it?
"EEE E E E. E. E"
@ThanosReXXX or anybody know?

Extreme bicycle rider
Friendly Rocket League player (diamond 1 3v3)
https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/Horatio_McCallister

Losermagnet

@WoomyNNYes im gonna take a wild guess and say it was originally japanese onomatopoeia that was difficult to find an accurate substitute for.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Anti-Matter

Me was playing Wonderland (UKS Mix) from Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME USA PS2 on Heavy difficulty with blindfold + facing backward from TV.

When I said I could play DDR with blindfold for certain songs, I really meant it.

FULL COMBO, NO MISS

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

WoomyNNYes

@Anti-Matter Amazing! haha.

Extreme bicycle rider
Friendly Rocket League player (diamond 1 3v3)
https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/Horatio_McCallister

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
I was quite nervous while being recorded + playing with blindfold at the same time. 😅
I only got A Full Combo with some Great on it. Actually I could get AA (got more Perfect, less Great) if I was really focus.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

bimmy-lee

@ogo79 - Those Super Naturals figures are incredible, well done man. My brother and I had a few of them, pretty sure I had a werewolf figure. Always been a big werewolf guy myself, but skeletons are also very cool. Especially when they glow. I’m getting a big bin of our old toys from my parents here pretty soon, but I think all the really good stuff is long gone. I’m looking forward to picking through it though. I’ll let you know if I find anything good.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

MarioLover92

It's been 3 whole decades since Sonic the Hedgehog made his debut. Yeah, 30 years! Was thinking of playing Sonic Mania to celebrate Sonic's anniversary.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Eel

@Anti-Matter I’m sure he will take a look, you don’t need to create posts to direct people to watch your video. I’m bringing this up because you seem to do it regularly.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@Anti-Matter - Nice one Anti, I did miss it earlier, but I would have seen it, so what Eel said and all. If you make too many posts about posts, you unseal the ring and set Sumara loose on all of us.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I have deleted the reply.

@bimmy-lee
Sorry if I tagged your name just now. 😅

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Losermagnet

bimmy-lee wrote:

...you unseal the ring and set Sumara loose on all of us.

I hate it when that happens

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Snatcher

I just wanted to look up MHS 2 to see when the demo dropped man, And tell me ok, Cuz I don't know for sure, or better yet lie to me or somthin, Can you make your player character, another race?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Snatcher

So My comment got deleted in the pokemon article for profanity for some reason even tho I did block the word myself, still got deleted so idk, Idk why now in that article it was deleted bc if you guys know me I use this **** alot to block a word so it wont get deleted, Which is weird bc Some times I see people throwing around Profanity all the time but I actually block mine and its a issue? when it wasn't any other time?

In fact it used to be worst I used to put the end of the curse word at the end of the block, But I stopped doing that (Even tho I never got a deleted comment for that) Even tho no one told me to.

I swear this Kinda feels like It was just bc I said something about gamefreak somebody didn't like, Like Can I not be mad at gamefreak now? I I mean it, this is the type of stuff northwind was talking about how they will leave hundreds of Comments that are rude mean, and just plain insulting, But I say something a little Not pg-13esh or not in line with the "Views" and its deleted, even tho I would say the way I said it was in line.

Even tho I i'm glade they at least told me why instead of ghosting my comment and being all like "Guess you will never know" Well rant over. (And i'm not pointing any names whatsoever)

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Heavyarms55

@Zuljaras I still hold that opinion. But it's not like it's a universal thing applied to all aspects of life. Those flea markets and toy shows were a lot of fun. But they were way better before the internet and websites like Ebay drove all prices way up. It used to be very worth it to go way out of town to big shows hoping to find good deals on things that might be rarer in your area.

But now most of them just reflect online prices but without shipping. And COVID killed off most of them now. I am sure they'll come back eventually though.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Sunsy

@TheJGG That was a nice twist. Also loved how Giulia's father at the end came to Luca's and Alberto's defense. I could only imagine what went through his head "these townspeople are going to go after my best fishermen."

I'm also finding myself saying "santa mozzarella" today, lol

Luca actually helped me plan dinner for tonight, cooking Italian tonight.

@MarioLover92 Yeah! Right now I'm watching the Sonic Symphony on YouTube to celebrate. Dunno if I'll play anything tonight, maybe Sonic Battle or Colors DS. My GBA and DS are literally beside my bed.

Sunsy

SM3DASislit

Seems like this thread got interesting for a bit, while I was away.

Anyways, sorry for the late replies guys, I just got busy for a bit again.

@Zuljaras
Okay, that makes sense. I do get the fact that sometimes older movies are hard to reach to the majority of people, even if they're considered classics.

The 90's (and some early 2000's) Disney movies are definitely classics. I also think that The Emperor's New Groove is also pretty close to perfection as well.

Oh okay, I believe I get where you're coming from now.

I figured you have a similar philosophy with animated movies that you do with "kiddie games" animated movies tend to be more "kiddie" than not if you get what I mean.

@ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@SM3DASislit Hey, no need to be sorry. It's not like I was mad about it or scolding you, I was just explaining myself, clarifying things, and so on.

Besides, this IS the Chit-Chat thread, after all, so even if you jump into a conversation 10 pages after the fact, no one here will bite your head off for it, trust me. And if they do, well...
Untitled

Okay, I just wanted to make sure that my post wasn't taken the wrong way, as sometimes I tend to say things more bluntly than I mean to.

I do try to keep on with what's going on in this thread so I don't fall behind, but life just gets busy sometimes.
Haha, I appreciate you letting me know that you (and the Chit Chat Thread in general) have my back (and each other's backs), in case something does get out of hand in this thread.

@TheJGG
Indeed, we are awesome.
Haha, don't doubt yourself you're awesome too.

It certainly has sparked "furious discussion" again. I know that you (and most people in this thread) enjoy discussions like the animation one we were a few days ago, but I tend to do if something doesn't like something, I tend to not talk about said thing to them once they let they don't like the said topic, as I know they will (likely) get annoyed about talking a topic they don't like to talk about, if that makes sense.

A quick note that I forgot to mention in my previous post: IIRC, I believe the Sky channel is mostly (or wholly) owned by Comcast, which is probably why you saw your "favorite" characters in the ad you mentioned in your previous post with me.

@Sunsy
I didn't know that that song was made specifically for Trolls.

Nice, that's good that you're still enjoying Ninjala. I just wish that more people enjoyed Ninjala so I could talk to more people about it. I feel like we're the only 2 people in the "Ninjala Gang" who are on Nintendo Life on a consistent basis outside of Ninjala articles.

Yeah, I (somehow) hadn't watched the latest Dev Diary until this past Friday, whoops.

@MarioLover92
That's cool that you're excited about it as well. I think I played a Monkey Ball game at the Invention thing at Disneyland before it had its major Marvel restructure. Haha, I see what you did there with the SMB 2 abbreviation. I've heard good things about Super Monkey Ball, though. I still haven't gotten Mario + Rabbids: KB, although I might at some point. I've heard it can definitely be hard though, so that's what is putting me off from getting it.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I going to be busy throughout the summer, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Vortexeo

Guys I have Chaos stuck in my head plz help.

I'm always so close to finishing my backlog but then that one game that never goes on sale happens...

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Snatcher

@Vortexeo Can't help you bud bc well I I'M TOOOOOOOOOOO.

Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic