Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,761 to 52,780 of 96,532

jedgamesguy

England-Germany.... never have raw emotions been so fervent. The first time they've beaten Germany in 55 years... since the World Cup.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Vortexeo

@BruceCM Ahhh yes! That is among the best ones

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

MPSSislit

I'm once again splitting my responses into 2 posts.

Also, sorry for the late responses again.

@ThanosReXXX
Yeah, most of those heated discussions are started by someone saying something dumb. I tend to articles to see what point the author is making and if I agree with them or not. I don't comment in those articles, because I know how one comment can have a domino effect, even if the thing I say isn't even bad.

Yeah, that's why I also stay away from commenting because people are more likely to have "dear ears" about what you might have to say about the particular controversy.

I also tend to stick to the Chit Chat Thread (and the forums in general), as I generally have deeper discussions about whatever the topic is about, and it usually remains civil, so I completely get where you're coming from.

I actually was just thinking of saying that I made a topic on [insert topic here] but a link works even better though. That's why I wanted to ask, as I know that it might be considered advertising or begging, so that's why I wanted to check. Thanks for trying to answer my question, I really appreciate it.

Okay, I'll see what he has to say about it. I just figured I would you since you seem to be more knowledgeable with the rules, since you've been on here for a while.

@Snatcher
Okay, thanks for letting me know.

I did ask, and they wrote about it the next day, (although it doesn't look like they gave me credit for sharing it with them, but at this point, I don't care, I'm just really happy and glad that it got written). TBH, I kind of feel like Nintendo Life doesn't care that much about Ninjala, especially since I asking them to write articles about it for a while, since they seemed to not be writing as many Ninjala articles for a while, although they seem to be doing a better job again with it. I honestly wasn't expecting them to write an article about the 1st anniversary of Ninjala article, since they don't seem to be huge fans of Ninjala, like I said earlier.

Speaking of Ninjala, do you think I should ask people about what they about my profile pic if it's about Ninjala?
I'm asking because other people seem to make a comment whenever they choose a new profile pic (which I think is awesome that they do that), and I feel like if I change my pic, but it's from the same game, that people will get annoyed that I'm making a point of my profile pic when it's from the same game. I hope I'm making sense with what I'm asking.

@Eel
Oh, I can share links?! Awesome, I actually was just asking about if I could say something like "I made a thread on [insert topic here]", so sharing links is even better than what I was thinking. Thanks for letting me know, I really appreciate it. I'll make sure not to overdo it.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

MPSSislit

@Blooper987
Sorry to hear that you weren't able to be as hooked (invested?) with Ninjala as you were with Splatoon and ARMS. At least you enjoyed it when you played it, though. If you don't mind me asking, what do you think made you not as hooked (or invested) into Ninjala?
I feel like I'm one of the few people that seem to enjoy it, lol.
I think that's because I was looking for a Splatoon-esque replacement, and Ninjala came across to me that way.

Yeah, I can get that. While I don't have a big backlog personally, but I can understand how having a big backlog can people be more selective with what games they choose, than they normally like.

Yeah, Ninjala is still pretty active with regard to matchmaking. I just wish it was more known and liked though. Even though Ninjala and Splatoon (1) have similar numbers in how many people have played/downloaded them, I feel like Splatoon is more known (and liked) in general, even though Ninjala has more downloads than Splatoon (1) has units sold, IIRC. I didn’t realize the ARMS community was starting to wind down, I thought it was still going strong, but that makes sense though. I mean the last time I played ARMS though was almost 2 years ago, so I could see how I have an outdated perception.

@Sunsy
Well, that would explain why he did (at least) one song in Trolls. Yeah, I’m not really into sports either. The only sport I’m really interested in is the Olympics. That’s really cool that that happened with the halftime show.

I don’t know why I did that knighthood-esque ceremony for being accepted into the Ninjala Gang. I just it would be assuming and funny to do, and it would be different to do as well.
Anyways, I think you meant to say Season 6. I hope you’re able to have fun with those other games. I’m not sure if I’m going to stick with the Free Ninjala Pass, or end getting the Main Ninjala Pass.
Also, ICYMI, there’s also a Budget Ninjala Pass that only costs 300 Jala, and goes up to Tier 30.

@MarioLover92
You're fine, I'm also giving late replies as well, so no worries.
Anyways, oh yeah, now I remember hearing about the EyeToy thing. I didn't know exactly what it was, but I knew it was a thing. IIRC, I believe there was also this 4 controller adaptor for the PS2 as well. Yeah, now the Kinect seems to be pretty much dead, RIP. Hopefully, you like motion controls (at least) a bit more now than you did back then.

I don't even remember what the first movie that I saw was (or my first Disney movie ever was). Wow, that's crazy with how long ago it releases before you were born.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Snatcher

@SM3DASislit I really don't think people would (Or should) have a issue with you changing your pic, Just do you man, I mean I pick my pick from one of my favorite games ever, and so did a lot of people here, its what you like not what they like.

And I also just think they don't care to much but your ninjala articles sure are doing better then risk of rain bc they never make articles about that game, even when they said there bringing a pretty big update to consoles.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

BruceCM

If I put some other favourites, you might spot a theme, @Vortexeo .... But one of the reasons I replayed the game was to check the other main romance choice, so I imagine it's obvious enough

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

Zuljaras wrote:

@ThanosReXXX That sounds like there is no hope for those people. Do you personally know people like that?

It might be short-sighted but it is all I've got and no offence taken as always

That sounds like a battle that can't be won ... but in one thing I am certain that "sending thoughts and prayers" is not the answer.

Completely agreed on that last part, and sadly enough, the answer to your question is yes, sadly enough,
I do know someone, actually even several people like that in my own environment.

The thing is that not everything can be cured, it's just not that simple. Much like how some physical diseases are ultimately terminal, the same thing counts for certain mental afflictions. And I once again have to stress the fact that it literally has NOTHING to do with the people not being strong enough to deal with it, or willing to be rid of the disease, and they're also sometimes well provided for in terms of medical help, with either therapy or medicine or a combination of both, and some even with full support of their family and friends, but they aren't called diseases for nothing: sometimes, they simply defy logic, and the end result is unpredictable.

I'm glad you weren't offended because I figured my comment could come across as slightly belittling, but that is because what you said came across as if these people need to stop being so pathetic and get on with their lives already. As if you don't take it seriously that these kinds of cases can and will occur, with no fault or guilt of the people involved, because the affliction is a mental one, and as such, they don't have full control over it.

The saddest case I know is about the mother of a good friend of mine: she was what is classified as a manic depressive, and regardless of the love of her husband, sons and family, she just couldn't find pleasure in live or get a handle on how to cope. She made several attempts to take her own life, and one day my friend's brother even found her in the bath tub, just in time to save her, but ultimately, they were too late for the next attempt.

But I can also mention examples from my own personal life: about 10 years ago, I had a girlfriend who also displayed some weird behavior sometimes, being or becoming quite erratic all of a sudden, and ultimately,
I found out that she had borderline syndrome. Nearly broke me, mentally, as a highly empathic being, so I had to get out and cut ties with her, but it took quite the effort and it caused me great pains and grief, even though I know it was for the best.

And besides that, we have both alcoholics and drug addicts in our family. These diseases can also be contained/cured to some extent, but the danger of falling back always remains, because it's basically the disease controlling the individual, instead of the other way around.

So, for us as a family, that sadly results in always having to keep an eye out, and in some ways never completely being able to trust these people again, even though they'll promise to do better, and that promise is actually also genuine, but they just can't help themselves.

Anyways, I hope that makes enough sense for you to understand how these things can and will often go, because this is all I'm going to say about it, seeing as it makes me pretty sad thinking about all of that again.

@Tyranexx Yeah, there have been several rescue/preservation attempts, and most if not all of the disk images have by now been dumped to ROMs, which can either be written to regular cartridges, for play on the actual NES or any of its clones, or to use in emulators. I have most of these ROMs on my modded Wii, actually, which is how I know.

@TheJGG Seeking help is not always enough, as I already explained to @Zuljaras in the first part of this reply-text wall. It can only do so much, depending on the individual and the severity of the mental disorder. If only it were that simple, then we could indeed cure them all, but that is just not a realistic point of view by any measure.

As for Microsoft's approach vs Sony's, it's most definitely not the same. It's different on SO many levels,
I don't even know where to begin, but I'll just pick the most obvious examples.

First off, to answer your question: yes, optimized for Series S/X means additional texture packs, effects and so on. The one bad thing about it, is that it also means HUMONGOUS game file sizes, but that's another story altogether. The most important thing is that previous gen/cross gen games for both Xbox One and Series S/X can benefit considerably from being played on the newer hardware, going from Full HD graphics to 4K with all the additional bells and whistles, including the aforementioned texture packs and other improvements.

Secondly, backwards compatibility: Sony has made it so that their new hardware is enabled to read PS4 discs/games, but they simply transfer/read/load them through/into the hardware AS IS, meaning they'll still look like PS4 games running on original hardware, and at most they are ever so slightly improved by the automatic upscaling abilities of the hardware. But the most important thing to notice, to understand the difference in approach, is that this method that Sony is using, is the "one size fits all" type, meaning that it offers no game-specific benefits.

Microsoft on the other hand treats EACH and EVERY game as a separate project, making self-contained emulators tailor-made for that game, meaning that the emulation is tweaked to perfection for every individual game, instead of just having one general/generic emulator to run them all. Now, this may sound weird or even convoluted, but in practice, it works far better and optimization of these games is also maximized AND can take far more advantage of the newer hardware. To give you an idea: on Xbox One, all Xbox 360 games were upscaled up to a maximum factor of 4, and original Xbox games to a factor of 8, and with that upscaling, also came additional cleaning up of the image, and faster loading times.

On the newer hardware, they added to that by adding current gen effects support for nearly ALL titles that were already backwards compatible with the Xbox One, so effects like real time lighting, ray-tracing, HDR and so on are now also available on older games across three generations of Xbox. So, perhaps that might give you an inkling of an idea of why Xbox gamers always make such a big fuss over backwards compatibility and why they're so enthusiastic about it. It's also in line with Phil Spencer's plans, which entail being to play all generations of Xbox games on one eco-system, and that is obviously also where GamePass comes in. Perhaps I should also tag @NEStalgia into this part of the conversation, because he'll probably also be able to add some more pearls of wisdom to it. Thanks in advance, NES...

Concerning Disney: I like how they always incorporate stuff for adults as well sometimes, but at other times,
I don't like their pedantic morals. Perhaps I'd just for once like to see a movie without any of all of that, but it always has to be themed, and it's always semi-multi-interpretable, if you get what I'm trying to say, which is also where the whole and in my eyes entirely weird debate about Luca hinting at something more than just regular, platonic friendship is coming from. Nowadays, people SO want to belong and/or be included or have something mean something for them, that they're just splitting hairs for however long it takes, dissecting a movie frame by frame, until they can have their supposed eureka moment. I find it distasteful and mostly pathetic, to be honest.

People should just go to see these movies and view them as they are, animated works of fiction, sometimes based upon real life themes, but never nearly as heavy as real life, so in general they usually steer clear of the bigger issues, unless specifically mentioned, in which case, no dissecting of movie fragments will be necessary, obviously...

@SM3DASislit You're very welcome, and I'm pretty sure that next time you have any site rule related question, that you can simply ask @Eel. I don't think he'll mind if you don't spam him too much...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX But we do have to remember, in war One side wins, And People don't lose all the time, we have to think about the people who did. I'm also sorry to hear what happen'd And I can feel you with your GF deal, I couldn't handle that, My mind would just not be able to handle it.

I'm just glade we can talk about it, and find some type of peace talking to people about it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

ThanosReXXX

@Snatcher Yeah, either way and whatever happens, talking always helps at least somewhat. Bottling things up has never done anyone any good, because ultimately, things HAVE to come out or be released, otherwise people will ultimately crumble under the self-imposed pressure of keeping it to themselves.

So, never be hesitant to speak your mind, long as it is within the boundaries of the site rules, obviously. Whenever it helps you to let off some steam or to simply lighten your burden, that is at least something.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Tyranexx

It's amazing how active this thread gets during my preferred "offline" hours. It's like a lot of us live in different time zones and sections of the planet. Makes me wonder about those Flat Earthers....

@Snatcher I'm fond of Dragon, Fire, Dark, and Psychic types the most. Though there's no type I truly dislike. Though I assure you there are some Pokemon designs for about every type that I dislike. Why things like Jynx, Methane Monkey Chimchar, the Gen 5 elemental monkeys, Vanillite's entire line, and Goomy exist are all beyond me....

Glad you really liked Luca. I'm more determined to catch that on the silver screen if it rolls around here.

@Anti-Matter With Federation Force, I've always been concerned about its decidedly multiplayer focus; issues with Tri Force Heroes at the time aside (I'll spare everyone the details again), I'd also heard the single player was more difficult. I'm still curious enough to give the game a chance for the right price, but it's not a huge priority right now. There are plenty of other games on my plate lol.

I've played and beaten Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. It's probably the weakest of the existing Golden Sun titles, but it's still a decent RPG in its own right. Though I do agree that in some ways, it's a bit more generic than some. Some of the game's music makes its way to my YouTube listening list on occasion. I'm quite fond of the Ruins of Belinsk track. It has such an epic feel!

I saw the picture of the shrew. It's funny what pets will bring to their owners when they want praise! We used to have outdoor cats when I was a kid. They'd bring all sorts of presents. Mice, moles, squirrels, lizards, frogs....

@MarioLover92 I was under the impression most cats owned their humans? They are our overlords, after all!

@roy130390 I've gathered that impression as well over time. I like many game genres, though I can sometimes be pretty particular about which subgenres/series I am/am not into lol. Same as most people I'd guess.

@ThanosReXXX I wish I could find that article again as it truly was fascinating. But I read it years ago, so I can't remember the title, let alone what site it was on. Too many sleeps since then.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Huh? What article was that? I didn't see any mention of an article in previous comments, or have I somehow completely skipped/overlooked that part?

On a side note: yeah, the site is going crazy of late. Normally, I had like 1, 2 or a maximum of 4 notifications per day, when visiting here, but nowadays it's 5, 6 and yesterday, it was eleven (ELEVEN!!!).
Even if you don't WANT to write any text walls, you can't help but do exactly that, if you want to reply to it all...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Snatcher

Oh Me too, I think at least I hate one or two for every type, Blastios for me is one I just have a strong dislike for.

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Damn you certainly have grim experience on the matter. Come to think of it I know a person whose mother took her own life but because of other mental illness, not depression. They never spoke about it after that.

Now I know why people prefer to stay away from depressive individuals it hurts them as well. And I thought that the care of close ones can cure those things ... short-sighted indeed.

So let's change the subject to something unexpected and wonderful... Anti unblocked me!!! How unbelievable is that huh?!

I did not expected it at all!!! it was the highlight of the day for me

See ya tomorrow

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter why did you block @Zuljaras you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, just asking.

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
I think TheJGG choose PS5 for some reasons, same like me choose PS5 for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and No DRM Checking like XBOX ONE or XBOX Series.
And of course my country is PlayStation island so peoples will choose PlayStation machines than XBOX machines (as long they can jail break the machines).

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Well, as I mentioned, not all cases are the same, so there's also more than one story to be told that does have a relatively happy ending, but these individuals often do still need life-long care or medication, to keep things in check.

As for the unblocking: yeah, I saw that. Had to rub my eyes a couple of times to make sure that I was actually seeing that being real.

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter That was not the point I was making. He asked me a question, and I answered by giving him an explanation of the differences. That says nothing about personal preference, so you probably misunderstood. When you're not certain you understand why something is said to someone, it's always best to stay out of the conversation, instead of saying something that's not relevant at all...

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Ah, my bad. 😅
Btw, just curious. I know you don't like PlayStation due to your past experience but would you like to see this if this game really on XBOX ?
Untitled

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter I welcome any title on any platform, for the sake of diversity and a bigger catalog of games to choose from, because even though it may not be for me, I always keep my fellow human being and gamer in mind, so if they do like it, it's definitely welcome, but personally, I don't particularly care about this particular series of games. I find them no more than okay-ish, so even if I would have had a PlayStation, I'd probably still not buy it.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic