Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 50,401 to 50,420 of 96,530

jedgamesguy

@MarioLover92 Supercade is also a really comprehensive book for the golden age of arcade gaming in the late seventies.

I admit, the more worthwhile purchases in terms of art books are the Zelda ones. The Super Mario art styles, apart from the kind of cartoon style you have for your profile banner, are quite uninspired and are very plain. The Zelda series artwork has transitioned to almost painting levels of quality. If anything the art direction since 2006 has been more or less painting style for all major Zelda console titles.

Twilight Princess had a realistic style, with a lot of darker, moody colours. It's really edgy, with fine brush strokes. Skyward Sword adopts an Impressionist style with a lot of bright colours, a smooth transition between colours, thick paint, and very clear brush strokes. Breath of the Wild has a lot of watercolours, and in character art, a lot of random brush strokes, with a lot of colour.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

Seems I’ve erased all of my books off my Kindle by complete accident. Oh well, back to Calibre I go...

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

jedgamesguy

@Eel It was my local copies, I managed to remove DRM on two or three books I’ve bought. I opened a book while I was out and nothing opened, saying they had been erased. Strange but I have backups.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Blooper987

the xbox indie showcase is showing me that nintendo and sony have much better understanding of how to make good showcases.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Eel

@TheJGG oh how odd. Did you have them as part of your kindle cloud-thing? (Sending them to your account via email? Something like that I think?)

I'd hate for that to happen to mine (the few ebooks I've bought from other stores), since I'd have to... Uh... Generate... Another set of DRM-free versions of those books.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jedgamesguy

Anyone other than @MarioLover92 read any of the aforementioned videogame books?

The Ultimate History of Video Games is my favourite book of them all [...] Another book I can recommend is Phoenix IV: The History of the Videogame Industry [...] I mentioned Console Wars as a weak material for my book, but conversely a book that was superbly insightful for my own personal reading, is Blood, Sweat, and Pixels.

@Eel I don't remember specifically, I tend to read a bit more on my laptop. I installed Calibre on it, so I'll be able to manage my books a bit better starting tomorrow. I'll be able to copy the new books over and maybe wipe the Kindle just to give it a nicer reset.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Heavyarms55

I've been saying for a few months now how much better Crunchyroll's website is than Funimation's. So what does CR do? Roll out a beta for a new layout that makes basically everything worse! I don't know what they were thinking! Their site right now is simple and highly effective. There's no reason to change it to the mess they are trying out in the beta. I hope they heavily rework the beta or scrap it altogether...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

Heavyarms55 wrote:

I've been saying for a few months now how much better Crunchyroll's website is than Funimation's. So what does CR do? Roll out a beta for a new layout that makes basically everything worse! I don't know what they were thinking! Their site right now is simple and highly effective. There's no reason to change it to the mess they are trying out in the beta. I hope they heavily rework the beta or scrap it altogether...

So yet another case of a service or big name "fixing" something that isn't broken in the names of "progress" and a new look....There's a time and place for such changes, but not always.

Congrats to @Magician and @Zuljaras for the raises! Always a good feeling. Don't celebrate TOO hard, now.

@TheJGG The leg wasn't completely dead, just gimped in the middle. I managed. Thankfully, the dog was also older at that point; she was quite a handful to control on a leash when she was a lot younger. She was a border collie/shepherd/lab mix, so she used to get pretty excited at...almost everything. It was a question of who walked who for awhile. XD Actually, I briefly experienced the sensation of actually having a dead leg for a minute or two a few years before that incident. Let's just say I don't advise getting zapped on the rear by an electric fence (not very high voltage, but enough that it definitely smarts).

I certainly like music that has various elements layered in. Trucks In Place is a very good track! Haven't seen Tenet yet either; another movie for the list. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Does the siren start at about 0:55, or 1:28? (Some traffic outside right now, so it might be messing with my ears a bit)

I think the rock and synths in Black Tar are why I like the track so much. I find Uncontrollable...energizing, powerful even. Which is fitting IMO, since it plays during Tyrant battles. Aesthetically, Noctilum's my favorite continent, and the music is a definite plus. Oblivia is my second favorite, though I much prefer the day theme over the night theme. You're completely on the mark with Wir Fliegen and why I like it so much! Though I never equated how uplifting I find it to drugs. XD I really do need to listen to the soundtrack again. Heck, Xenoblade Chronicles X deserves a second chance on the Switch; it was such an awesome, ambitious game. It'd be a shame to just leave it tied to the Wii U. I know Monolith has stated it would be difficult to port the game, however.

Part of the reason why I think I'd like actually watching Attack On Titan is due to some of the lore; I'm not aware of any recent developments, but I do know enough that the titans themselves seem to be made, not born. I've seen a few clips of earlier seasons and one brief one related to the most recent/final season, though it wasn't anything that significant. Some of the characters and their motivations certainly intrigue me. I first heard of it from someone I used to work with; he occasionally watched anime and is the same person who loaned me two Studio Ghibli films (My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away) to watch at one point.

I think it's also a stretch that there's any innuendo in Zelda games until you get up to the very few rated T titles in the series (Twilight Princess I do get). That said, I'm also not as...shall we say...dirty-minded compared to some people. Or I'm just oblivious to some things that others may object to.

Glad that analogy didn't confuse you. Don't know how many people I've come across who don't realize pyrite and "fool's gold" are the same thing.

@MarioLover92 Next to the side/people-sized door to exit the garage, actually. They were taken care of not long after by Raid by my father. I'm not a big fan of pesticides, but I harbored little mercy towards the flying insects by that point. Not the first time I've sustained stings, but I've found wasps and hornets to be way more aggressive than bees; so long as you don't disturb the normal European honeybee and its nest, you can get pretty close and watch them go in and out of their hive. I've been within a foot of a hive that was once on our property and didn't have any issues....I was very careful.

2004 is probably about the time we had those. XD They were cheap entertainment. I much would've preferred an actual TV console, but they were too expensive. I had handheld systems from age 10 upward since they were cheaper overall.

I'd like to see progress pics of your drawing, but only if you're up for it.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Border Collie/ lab/ shepherd/ confused dog, @Tyranexx ....? Most puppies are a bit excitable, of course! & I strangely don't make a habit of getting zapped by electric fences, lol! Grew up in the countryside, so there were plenty of those around & I guess I learned quickly enough to not really remember any accidents with them

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jedgamesguy

F1 and F2 are back baby and there's nothing ThanosReXXX can do about it! F1 practice has gone very smoothly, with some nice performances by Yuki Tsunoda, Lando Norris and Verstappen. But F2's been fantastic, and only after one of the three scheduled races.

First off, pole position was decided by 0.003s between first and second. If the two cars started at the same time there would be about 25cm between them by the end of the lap. Truly nail-biting stuff, but the top ten was reversed for the first race. The eventual winner suffered a lot of pressure from behind but he managed to win by just under a second.

Because it's a spec series, and everyone has the same cars, if you have a problem in qualifying it'll be hard to make up for it in races. One driver qualified fifth but was disqualified for a technical infringement, and started last. But he ended up going from 22nd on the grid to tenth by the end. And because the top ten finishers are reversed for the second race, he'll start first. Fabulous recovery indeed.

The guy who finished second to last gathered infamy when he did something awful, which he posted to Instagram. He was speeding at up to 300kph on public motorways, and at times one-handed. Seems the cars there were the only ones he'll pass in his career. And he's 26, very old for a racer in junior series.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
I don't even like realistic racing games.
They are extremely boring for me
Just only riding to the fastest very flawless, without drama, what is the interesting point ?
I don't see any interesting point from riding the car without whimsical situation.
I always like cartoonish racing games with at least looks like Mario Kart.
The only F1 game i bought was F1 Race Stars PS3 because it was Chibi Cartoonish and have items like Mario Kart.
No items to smack on opponent, No buy.
And i don't even watch F1 race on TV.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@Anti-Matter If you've read the debate between myself and @ThanosReXXX you'll realise there's more to racing games than Mario Kart, F1 Race Stars and otherwise. I've raced online with other people, and the skill level is quite astonishing. Making mistakes is so punishing, so at times when I'm in the lead I just get in the zone.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
I don't even have any interest into realistic racing world.
Even i am 36 years old man but still adore Cartoonish things.
My brain nerves have different configurations that only accept Cartoonish things than Realistic things.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

What ain't broke, don't fix @Tyranexx. That doesn't include your unfortunately damaged legs and otherwise. My careful nature means I don't do things like stupid jumps, parkour, or bike tricks. Ironically I've done an unusual amount of outdoor activities, such as canyoning, paragliding and skydiving.

I was in Wales last August while I was stuck in the UK for half a year (the longest I was in the UK for a good thirteen years or so). One day we travelled to Snowdonia National Park and did a three hour canyoning session. It was pouring down, and it was about ten degrees outside, so it was a very painful experience at first, because of the cold. It was very numbing.

We travelled through dense forest, slid down waterfalls, and ended by climbing up one for fifteen minutes. My legs felt like they were going to detach from the rest of my body but I somehow pulled through. I did paragliding before I left France. We did a... ten day road trip as a farewell, and stopped at the southern coast, which is full of beach. We drove up just above Monaco, and with a few instructors we glided from the top of a mountain all the way down to the beach.

Trucks in Place, you got correct, it was at 1:28 indeed, that's the sampled siren. I played it in the car and it rocked my back teeth. Just amazing, even better with the appropriate scene. Another I can say is absolute perfection is a song played at the endgame of the movie, the battle scene.

It makes me realise that if there was one man who could at least substitute for Hans Zimmer, it's Ludwig Göransson for sure. I can't fault you for having a giant movie list, I imagine you don't have enough free time to binge five movies a day. But when you do have time the one's we've recommended on this thread, are very good.

The Uncontrollable song structure reminds me of the Fogbeast Battle Theme from Xenoblade; Future Connected. It's such a heavy song, and the two lead instruments have a duel. The music in X is so good; half the tracks can be used in battle and be very relevant. I want Xenoblade X to be ported to Switch too, and from an engineering point of view I've no doubt it can run on Switch.

The Titans don't have internal organs. They can't reproduce, but they also can't eat or drink. I'll leave the interpretation to you!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Snatcher

Since this is just chit chat I'm going to go take a nap LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile, i was surprised and very happy to see Doki Doki (video game shop at Bandung) already provided very rare BEMANI games Beatmania IIDX, Pop'n Music and Drummania PS2 games on Tokopedia website.
I was like NO WAY...!!! 🤯🤯🤯
They have Beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD (My favorite), Beatmania IIDX 12 Happy Sky, Beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS, Drummania Masterpiece Gold (My favorite too), like OMG !!! 🤯😄

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

I'm at the Bahrain Grand Prix; and got some decent shots of some of the cars.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Zuljaras

Guys, can you share some online shops in the EU that you use for second hand games. And possibly if they offer international shipping in the EU again

I really need a shop to find some DS games.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic