Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 50,401 to 50,420 of 50,703

ThanosReXXX

@WoomyNNYes Of course, obviously the Wii U has a sensor bar. How else could it play all those Wii games in vWii mode? And you can't just assume that all Wii U adopters also already owned a Wii. Some adopters came in fresh. And basically got burned straight away, moving on to other, more diverse shores, but that's another story altogether...

@Tyranexx Ha! L33t $p34k. Haven't seen that for quite a while. I think it's also pretty safe to assume that I spelled that wrongly, n00b that I am...

@ogo79 Well, that looks kinda final. I had no idea a Ridiculousness video would result in that kind of a response...

@TheJGG I'm already loving what we've seen so far from the latest Mars expedition, but I also hope that I'll at the very least live to see the day when the first man or woman sets foot on Mars. After that, I can die peacefully. Or have myself locked in stasis, to be woken again in a new and more fitting century...

P.S.

Yeah, I know and like Daft Punk. Seeing as they're French, they're pretty well known over here in Europe, and I have most of their more popular songs in my play lists. The clip with one of them exploding was funny. Good way to end it all and keep the mystery alive, for sure...

@MarioLover92 You assume correctly. I have tried, but I don't know what it is, but games played on the actual Wii through component cables still looks better than through HDMI on the Wii U's backward compatibility mode. Could be a combo of cables and screen, because I have a plasma screen, which looks entirely different, compared to LCD, LED, OLED or QLED. In Wii mode, there's a very slight/subtle pinkish hue all across the screen, whereas the original Wii's screen looks more blueish in comparison, but in reality is a more cleaner/brighter color.

I do have to point out that my component cables are gold-plated ones, so not the cheapest, and for the Wii U I'm obviously using the bog-standard HDMI cable that came with the console, so that might also factor in somehow.

As for my Wii's disc reading capabilities: mine is still fully intact, but it wouldn't matter either way, because I soft-modded it and I've added my ENTIRE Wii and GameCube catalog to it on an external hard drive, so I don't use the physical drive anymore. I also made my Wii the ultimate retro and emulation box, so there's NO way I'm putting it in storage in favor of the Wii U, which I've kept in its original state, much like all of my other consoles. The Wii is actually the first one I've ever modded, and especially to such an extent.

It now contains a nearly complete catalog of most handhelds and home consoles AND computers ever since the Atari 2600 all the way up to the PSX and N64. You name it, and it's probably on there (I'd be happy to list them, if you're curious enough), so I've got a little box underneath my TV that literally houses thousands upon thousands of games...

@Eel Your dad's old cassette tapes, huh? Be sure to have either a pencil or one of these gadgets at the ready:
Untitled

@Socar Well, I do vaguely remember seeing your name around these here parts a bit more often in my early years on here, so welcome back, I guess. And no worries about having to defend Nintendo: we're all fans in here. Long as you don't turn into a tunnel-visioned fanboy who isn't realistic enough to also see the faults in some of Nintendo's efforts, you'll do just fine on NintendoLife A.D. 2021...

@bimmy-lee Oh, my. What a day, the rasslin' beer bear is back! Now we have to start adding topics such as specialty beers and creepy table lamps again in the Chit-Chat thread, as well as Home Improvement DIY stuff...

Hope you're back for a bit longer this time around. Either way, nice to see you again. Hope everything is as good as can be, considering the circumstances.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Pens or pencils will do the job, in general, but especially older tape is rather sensitive, and these tailor made gadgets make sure that the tape won't skip or stutter, causing it to either wrinkle or break when you manually rewind it, so if you're actually going to use these tapes on some kind of frequent basis, then a hand-rewinder might not be such a bad purchase to make, after all. But of course, it's up to you.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

I think the player itself has a rewind button.

If I do end up liking the novelty of it, I might buy new cassettes to play around with, instead of abusing the old ones.

Expect my mixtape to include songs I could just listen to on my iPod with much better quality.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarioLover92

@ThanosReXXX Didn't really notice any picture quality differences while playing Wii games on the Wii U. I guess they're a little blurrier? The one big difference is that you can't use GameCube controllers on a Wii U, even with the adapter. (Come on Nintendo, you guys couldn't even make it compatible with Wii mode? Ah well.) I've actually soft-modded my red Wii too, I've been using it to play Mario Kart Wii's online mode well after WFC got donezo. Too bad I kept placing badly since a lot of players used Funky Kong, and I like playing as Mario. lol

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Island: D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you've added my Switch friend code by replying to my comments.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 Ah, that might have been Sabin's scenario. The burly monk guy, right? That one is by far the longest of the three you can pick by a long shot. I wandered around for a bit too, but I did find out how to proceed. I had to have a nudge from someone as I was temporarily stuck; in hindsight the answer was simple, but it was late by that point and I was mentally done lol.

I really like the Project Triangle Strategy demo so far! I have few complaints, though some of the gameplay is a bit different when the only true SRPG series I've played is Fire Emblem. XD Most of the voice acting ranges from passable to decent, and what I do comprehend of the plot plays it safe but is kind of interesting; the demo drops the player into the early middle of the game (Chapter VI or VII). The graphics are beautiful! I do wish there was a way to speed up enemy turn speed though lol.

@ThanosReXXX Close enough. My L33T is quite rusty as well; it's been years since I've used it properly, and I'm not sure if I can claim I was ever fully fluent.

@bimmy-lee Nice to see you drop in! Even if it is in passing. Hope life is treating you and yours well.

Currently playing: Final Fantasy VI (SNES Classic), Star Fox 64 3D

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Eel

Bought Among Us since it's on discount and it was virtually free with Christmas eShop credit leftovers and gold coins.

Proceeded to join a random room, got scolded for reporting a body, and then sat there watching everyone throw racial insults at the black player for taking too long to vote me out.

I then played free play mode alone.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Blooper987

@Eel Ah Among Us. Very interesting game, but ya gotta love it still. We should try and get a game together on here sometime.

Join the Doggo Nation and Subscribe to our eternal virtual overlord Korone on YouTube immediately!

Also sub to Amelia Watson while your at it. You’ll be thanking me afterwards.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Eel

Yeah, if you guys ever want to play, I'd love to have a positive experience with the game

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Snatcher

@Eel You will find alot of mean players on it but there are times and happen pretty often. stay in a room for a long time and get to know the players your going to have a really nice time, they might even ask for you to drop your discord or somthing, so randoms are not all bad (Pretty toxic for most of the time sorry) but I would love to join a game with yall if you guys have the time.

Among us plus sonic fan.

TheJGG

@Eel Shame that happened. It’s scenarios like this that remind me why I’m never interested in buying runaway hit games like Among Us, Apex Legends, or Fortnite. They all have a cult following that in all honesty flatters the quality of the game itself. Online multiplayer can be fun but more often than not people just take the opportunity to ruin it for you.

If I’ve been in a classroom, or if I’ve talked to people about video games, either one of these three come up at one point. I’ve seen small children with Among Us backpacks for goodness sake. The people that know me know that I’m not into graphic violence (gratuitous) and they tried to use that to convince me to get Fortnite. They failed.

@ThanosReXXX I was really off put by eighties films saying that in 2020 we’d have flying cars. The advancement of technology has been like a logarithmic scale, where it climbs up steeply at first but as time goes on it really flattens out to the point where it feels like nothing’s happening. That applies because when you think about it there hasn’t been many major tech breakthroughs in the last ten years, except for the Higgs boson, the landing of a used rocket stage by SpaceX, and maybe the advancement of AI to the point it can beat a chess grandmaster.

So having said that I can’t expect tech to just... magically appear into our lives. And if flying cars do come, there’ll be things to sort out like air traffic, tolls and fuel. And if someone clips a telephone wire, game over man. And eventually there’ll be better use to just a normal road car. It’s overrated to me, but as a tech enthusiast, and I can’t stress this enough, I want to be proven wrong.

Nobody over here’s even heard of Daft Punk, which is shocking. Their music is really good and sometimes can make other music look awful. While I’m sad they’re done they haven’t made anything in eight years. Their exit video was really creative, though it already used footage from an existing movie. Which album is your favourite?

Video games: RPGs, Action, Adventure.
Movies: Tenet, Princess Mononoke.
Stage: Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera.
Music: Daft Punk, video game soundtracks, LOW ROAR

My Hideo Kojima name is "The Indifferent Memory Loss"

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Ryu_Niiyama

@WoomyNNYes Noice! And thank you!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Wavey84

@ThanosReXXX
I'm a total insomniac. Because of my lovely relentless auto immune disease i typically stay up well past your standard 16 hours a day. probably 22 hours a day if i'm lucky or beyond that if a run in to trouble with gut issues. Sleeping Pills are tricky, they can help but you wake up feeling groggy, almost numb and zombified for several hours into the next day. 11 years ago back when i was around 25, during a chelation therapy session at my local Nature path, a patient who must of been in his late 60's said to me ,"instead of fighting to sleep, fight to stay awake"

It beats the alternative. rolling around in bed for 4 hours at 11 at night just to fall asleep when i'm anything but tired at a normal time never works for me. It's a complete waste of time. I sleep when i'm tired, even if it means during the day and that's that.

Guess i'm part of the vampire club!

PS
Yup, Wii games via component cables in '4:3' mode on an actual Wii delivers the sharpest picture period.
Sticking it in widescreen essentially stretches the resolution to fill in the sides, and in return you get a blurrier uglier picture since wii games are technically 640x480. Playing the Wii in anamorphic widescreen on an HDTV was a disaster, and the input lag was horrendous. It's no wonder why the wii left a bad impression on so many people. Playing Wii games on the Wii U via HDMI looks better than on a regular wii using anamorphic wide screen, but still doesn't look as good as 4:3 mode.

Wii + Component cables + a Sony 32" Wega Trinitron 4:3 CRT SDTV 'IN' 4:3 aspect ratio was the way to go back then. I knew better lol

Edited on by Wavey84

Wavey84

Anti-Matter

Pop Quiz #3
Which Beatmania IIDX song that featured for the first time on Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME Arcade ?

A. AA by DJ AMURO
B. sync by Outphase
C. CaptivAte ~誓い~ (Chikai) by A/I

Top 6 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. Drummania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. Keyboardmania

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Eel

Don't you guys love it when you subconsciously decide to breathe in before chomping down on your sandwich, and a deliciously toasted crumb of bread decides that's its calling, and jumps straight into your throat?

Ah. What a way to start the day.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

WoomyNNYes

@Eel Oh, yeah, I gotta breath 🤔 It is amusing.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Playing: Rocket League, occasionally some Splatoon

TheJGG

@Eel When I was nine or ten I almost choked on a pizza because of the extra long mozzarella strand.

Eel

I trust you've gotten better at chewing since then!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

TheJGG

That I haven't. I almost did it again a few weeks ago but I made sure to manually remove the strand from my mouth and re-swallow it instead of dying like a normal person.

Eel

Ah, the good old regurgitate-and-try-again tactic. 😂

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic