Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 49,221 to 49,240 of 96,476

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, be glad you haven't "graduated" to breaking your ribs yet. Having now experienced it three times in my lifetime, I can honestly say that it is anything but a walk in the park, and I certainly wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Well, at least, not on anyone that's currently on my good side...

@theJGG I wasn't agreeing about sleep: I meant I want to use more time to actually spend awake, doing stuff that I enjoy doing, and not just have the day consist of get up, go to work, go home, eat, sleep and then rinse and repeat. That's not living, far as I'm concerned. As the wise rock-prophet Jon Bon Jovi once said: "I'm gonna live while I'm alive, sleep when I'm dead"...

As for your Chit-Chat graduation: there's no specific time frame, my young friend. And of course I'm only half serious.

But... all kidding aside, what I'm getting at is more about getting to really know all the regulars/inmates/nut cases/fine people in here. And by knowing (far as anyone can really know anyone online) I mean that at some point, you really do get a feel for them and their quirks. Until now, you've only gotten to know about half of us, either because some people have been gone for quite a while and are just now returning, or because some simply only post every once in a while.

A lot of regulars seem to be taking a wintery nap or something, because until a couple of months ago, most of them were still an active part of this thread. And if you really get to know them, you'll also be more easily able to guesstimate the meaning and/or intent of their comments.

Much like mine, which now took a bit more explaining than usual on my part, to get my actual point across. Mind you, I'm not really too bothered by that, but with the regulars, communicating comes a bit more natural, I suppose.

So, no pressure, it'll come naturally. Depending on your people skills, obviously...

P.S.

Nobody in here is going to bow to anyone's feet: I'm the Mad Titan, so I should know...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature You moved house? Seems like I've missed some crucial information somewhere a while back...

Glad you've got your game room now, though.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX I’m glad to be a part of the community! Can’t wait to encounter a whole new slew of half human half bear users, who’ve managed to hide away for so long. Little did they know they’ll wish they stayed put when they realise I’m here! Muahahaha!!

Just like a stereotypical office job, my sleep hours are 9 to 5, on the other side of the day. Somehow I manage to get out and get some swimming done three times a week and this session left me dead. An hour playing GT Sport fixed that in no time, there’s something bizarrely hypnotic about pounding in laps around the Autodromo di Monza.

You love quotes, and that’s something I can relate to very well. My reaction when I snapped a swimming fin clean in half during some training today:

Ow, f*ck!

Roald Dahl, last words.

And PS, about social skills, sometimes I feel more sociable at home than in person when it comes to education and interacting with peers. It’s very strange but it’s easier to communicate with others over a screen, or at least that’s how they see it. So if that’s anything to go by I’m feeling encouraged already.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX haha no worries. Back in December/first week of January. You're not too far behind lol. It was needed though and the payoff is worth it. We have so much more space so we're not on top of one another during these shutdowns 😋

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@theJGG I love quotes? Oh, dear...
Here's a useful quote from my old sales mentor: assumptions are deadly...

EDIT:
And yeah, sometimes it is far easier to communicate online, mainly due to there being less social barriers, instead only having the barrier of anonymity, which besides a barrier is also a bonus, because people will usually talk more freely online than they would in real life. And I have found that over time, you can REALLY get to know people in ways you never would in real life, or at least not in the same amount of time.

The downside of it all, obviously, is that online chat rooms/forums have also given a voice to people who should never have a platform to vent their erratic brain farts or idiosyncrasies in the first place. Oh, well. You win some, you lose some, I suppose. That's life, right?

@NintendoByNature Well, I still missed it entirely, regardless. And yeah, I feel you. In my current apartment, a better half plus small tyke would still be okay, but anything more than that, would definitely be pushing it...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Eel

uuuhghhgh

I spent like an hour trying to catch a Necrozma (Pokemon Ultra Sun) with a good nature, and it always had the same bad one, every single time!

Then I noticed I have been using an Umbreon to weaken it first.

Umbreon's ability makes it so every wild pokemon you encounter with him in the lead has the same nature as him.

Me is good pokemn treiner.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

PokemonGirl99

@Tyranexx could you give me some some tips on how to beat the Elite 4 in Pokemon Pearl, cause I've every strategy I thought of and nothing worked

PokemonGirl99

ogo79

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 No problem? Yeah, for you maybe. I'm constantly racking my brain which long forgotten comment you've actually replied to. Sometimes I just think you're doing it on purpose...

no i just have a very good memory.
i remember conversations ive had with folks on here over 10 years ago.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tyranexx

A sign that Monster Hunter is on the brain: You nearly call the squeeze pig (in place of a ball) at the blood donation center a Poogie.

@Anti-Matter More old drawings? I'd like to see them!

@NintendoByNature Well, if I were TRULY going for 100%, I'd try for all 900ish Korok seeds. XD Which I'd do if I had literally nothing else to play. That's pure madness, and I'm not doing it just for a golden pile of crap. I'm doing some side quests, but not all of them. But the 120 Shrines are my attempt to leave no puzzle undone!

Glad you're enjoying AoC! I noticed you'd fired it up a few days ago. I do check who else is online when I log in sometimes and what they've been playing.

Hopefully everyone is healthy and content on your end, and that you're still enjoying all that snow!

@theJGG We'll see lol. I'm a little more coordinated than I used to be, but I can still be a klutz on occasion. If my "gracefulness" involving my ankle is anything to go by....

Swimming pool incident? Now I'm curious.

@ThanosReXXX Wait, THREE times? I recall your most recent incident and a mention of another before that, but a THIRD time? How are you so...erm...lucky? I don't think I know anyone who's had the "rib treatment", but my dad has broken his collarbone. He was unfortunately kicked by a bovine who did NOT want to be vaccinated....

@PokemonGirl99 First, make sure you have a Pokemon team with many different types of Pokemon and moves that can cover some of their weaknesses. Recovery moves and status conditions can help too. Leveling up your team will also help. Here's a clickable link on the Pokemon the E4 all use, if you don't mind peeking. You might want a team with levels in at least the early to mid 60s unless you really want a challenge.

Also, Anti's video up there might help as well.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea for sure. I'm not a 100%er and probably never will be. Especially in a game like botw.

Come to think of it I may have 100%ed the OG LoZ. Maybe. I'd have to really think about it lol.

Yep we're all good here. Healthy and happy.

AoC makes me happy on every level. If it had some more exploration and climbing I'd say its worthy of a 10/10. I'm about 10 hours in.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I have one old sketch of Ludwig van Beethoven. I drew him by observation, looking at the actual realistic illustration.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Eel

I found a pack of ramen with a cute chicken holding a big wedge of cheese on it. It did say "hot chicken", but the chicken looked so happy with its cheese, I thought it would be more cheesy than hot. Perfect for dinner.

My mouth is burning. A little bit.

Edit: @Anti-Matter that looks really good.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Eel
Thanks. 😀
Pardon of the music sheets as the background, i drew it with random musical notes, not based on Symphony no. 5 😅

Anti-Matter

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
UntitledUntitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX Well I assumed wrong. In that I'll never quote anything in response to you ever again All in all there's some decent social interactions to be found online, and I'm sure most people around here are thick-skinned enough to be able to handle the.. savoury people, myself included.

@Tyranexx Yeah, a relatively painful experience as far as my painless experiences with broken bones goes. A few years ago I was carrying my sister's saxophone (in a case), and I tripped, and fell down a pretty long staircase, letting go of the case. The case tumbled all the way down but I got back up after two stairs. She was more worried about me than the saxophone, which really surprised me. I have a few comedic tales but this was more silly than painful.

@Anti-Matter Well done with your classical piece. Here's a chance to get über-creative; try and mash it up with a video-game character. No, make a drawing combining this, and Ludwig von Koopa from the Super Mario series! That would be a pretty tongue in cheek reference.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

LuigibrineTheGreat

@ogo79 man that looks tasty...

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Heavyarms55

It's always so wonderful when one is playing a game they have put literally hundred of hours into, and can still find things that surprise them or they didn't know could be done in said game.

I've got several hundred hours in Xenoblade 2 at this point and I'm nearing the end game of my second playthrough. And I just pulled off an utterly ridiculous combo during a chain attack where I managed to kill one major enemy and roughly 7 or 8 minor enemies, at the same time. All of them were between 4 and 6 levels higher than me, and since I killed them all at the same time, I got the full EXP boost for all of them. Which gave me a full level and a quarter of the next. Normally I can barely see the EXP bar move, and this time I saw it JUMP.

I know in some games that wouldn't be much. But I've never remotely gained that much experience in one instance in this game ever. I think the biggest single jump I can recall is maybe like 40% of a level, from killing a higher level unique enemy.

Dang did that feel good!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@theJGG
I accept your request for Ludwig van Beethoven + Ludwig from Super Mario games.
It will take several days to finish.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@Anti-Matter Well if it means branching out and exploring all kinds of artwork, take as long as you need!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic