Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 49,201 to 49,220 of 96,298

ThanosReXXX

@theJGG I know the history behind Nintendo's origins very well. After all: I've had juuust a bit more time than you to digest all there is to know about them...

And I'm not really one for superstitions, so to me, that's all it is: a nice ancient slogan, with an interesting back story, but nothing other than that.

In contrast, everything my sales mentor has taught me, has always come true or turned out to be right, so I'm obviously leaning more towards facts...

And what interesting bits did you miss in your opinion? Let's skip the Anti part, if that is among them, because we're already past that and we've decided to move on again.

P.S.

You fell out of a PLANE? I was thinking it was a joke first, meaning you've simply taken a parachute jump or something, which still qualifies as "falling out of", but then I figured it could also be tumbling from the steps of a plane already safely resting on the tarmac. Probably still painful nonetheless...

@MarioLover92 Ha, goes to show you what I know about South Park. Haven't seen the show in ages, so I guess that's why.

@Wavey84 Madhouse? Really? It was just a bit of bickering, that's all. Happens every now and then in here, but other than that, the Chit-Chat thread is the best forum topic to be hanging around in.

Those are some pretty cool drawings, by the way. You should really post them in the Nintendo Life Artists thread, because they definitely deserve to be in there.

On a side note: what's up with the Sega bashing? While I do agree that the colors and sounds were generally better on the SNES, there were definitely quite a few cool games on the Genesis/Megadrive as well. And colorful ones too. You only need to know where to look. Ristar is one of the better ones and a prime example, in my opinion:

@Anti-Matter Now THAT is at least a hundred times better than all those cookie-cutter Chibi boxers. Very nice. Would have loved to see the colored versions of those.

@HotGoomba Haha, yeah. I can imagine.

@TheJGG @NintendoByNature It's a piece from his earlier "not yet being angry about more realistic art" period...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Thanks. 😀
Actually i can return to my realistic style drawing whenever i want.
It was my old drawing back on year 2007 if i remembered.
I didn't draw in realistic style for several years so i felt awkward to return to my old style, like my drawing skill in realistic style was not as good as used to be after dealing with Chibi style since year 2009.
My Sims Wii was the reason i changed my drawing style into Chibi style because Chibi peoples looks so cute.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX It was a skydive! I was thirteen when I did it so I didn’t administer the jump to myself manually. I was strapped to an instructor. It was like being in a really fast storm, because of how loud it is. I didn’t fall unconscious but I couldn’t even do anything apart from see the ground get closer and closer.

It did hurt, because the straps on the harness were really pressing against my you know what’s (I’m male, assuming like you), as we glided towards the ground. Couldn’t remember much about that because I was blinded by the pain.

Best experience of my life for sure. Second place is the paraglide I did two years before that. Gotta do everything young.

PS, what did you mean by ‘what interesting bits did I miss?’? Was it about Nintendo’s history, because I’m basically a scholar on that now. 310K words of Nintendo history sitting in a PDF!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Well, the old saying goes that variety is the spice of life. There's a time and place for everything, even chibi boxers. But switching topics/styles every now and then is always a good thing. And it will also create more ideas/inspirations. You could even do two versions of the same character, so that there will be something there for everyone.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@theJGG I meant about the part where you called us all "insomniacs or something"...

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX Nah, I just meant that I see posts going up to three in the morning from some people like you, who like in countries where it'd be a bit strenuous to post at the local time. Almost like you're raiding the Chit-Chat thread in your sleep!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

ThanosReXXX

@theJGG Ha, in the weekends, 3 am is just regular game or web browsing time. I went to bed at 5 am yesterday. Nothing strenuous about it, just business as usual.

On a side note: but I'm definitely an outlier anyways, or an anomaly, if you will. Even on week days, I hardly ever go to sleep before 2 am, even though I need to get up at 7 again. I'm just a hardcore night owl. I can't go to bed at 10 or 11 pm, that's for babies...

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX I’m asleep by nine. I’m such a baby I wouldn’t be born for another fifteen years honestly. There’s nothing proud of, for me at least, staying up late. Last three times I’ve gone past midnight that aren’t transatlantic flights, were all New Year’s Eve.

I did wake up at 1:30am for The Game Awards in December, so I’m not a wuss on that front?

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

ThanosReXXX

@theJGG Ah, sometimes I forget that you're still a junior member of the Chit-Chat thread, so because you don't know me as well as the others already do, some of my more sarcastic comments may fly over your head there. And it's not that I'm proud of staying up late, for me it's just my default way of being.

And perhaps needless to say, I was only speaking of and pointing at myself. If I went to bed anywhere between 9 and 11 pm, then I'd just be staring at the ceiling for hours, so I'm both physically AND mentally unable to go to bed early. I truly come to life at night, so maybe I'm a vampire, I don't know...

The gist of it is that I hold my private space and time VERY dear, so I want to maximize it in some ways. Probably sounds weird, I know, but what it basically comes down to is that I don't want the majority of my day to exist of working hours, so I stay up late and do things that I like to do, such as bewildering people online, watching TV, movies or playing games.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

BruceCM

What with time-zones & people having varying routines....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Tyranexx

@Eel Thankfully I ended up partially against a wall, so it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.

@ThanosReXXX Hah, good point. Wonder if she has a Majora-themed mask? That would be so delightfully poetic. I wouldn't mind tracking down a face mask like that....

I get what you were saying about posting. I don't mind rattling off short responses either - and sometimes do if I have the time - but longer posts like in here? They're doable, but not advisable. XD

I can safely say I haven't graduated to breaking my ribs yet. Most of my physical trauma in life has occurred from the knees on down. This is a very light sprain, if it even qualifies. The opposite foot has been through a major sprain.

@theJGG Funnily enough, I've never broken any bones to my knowledge. I've had a couple of finger jams, a few sprains, dropped a glass bowl on my big toenail once (THAT was painful), and hyper-extended my right knee the summer I graduated high school. That last one involved some broken cartilage, but surprisingly no bone.

A plane, huh? I'd assume it wasn't in the air, since you're still with us. Edit: Ah, skydiving! That certainly makes sense. Something I'd like to try I think, but only after a LOT of instruction lol.

@MarioLover92 It's healing well. Some movements are a little sore/stiff yet, but I can walk and stand fine.

And yes, some jazz would be good! Or orchestrated video game music.

@Anti-Matter That's a really good Dark Knight sketch! I don't have any problems with your chibi style, but it's nice to see you mix up your art styles every now and again.

@Zuljaras The first thing that I thought of was how Puppet Ganon moves in The Wind Waker when I saw that, but I daresay that puppet master is much, MUCH more sinister than WW Ganondorf.

@NintendoByNature Long time no see! I know you've still been around, just not so much in the threads I frequent or comment in lol. I've been trying to limit my online time a bit (with limited success). Move went well I hope?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx heyyyyyyy!! Yea I've been around here and there lol. Just not so much in the CC thread unfortunately. Not purposely or anything, just haven't been. How's everything been down state? We just got poubded by snow today and yesterday. Work and all that going well? People in the family healthy and safe?

Took the little ones sledding today across the street from the new place. Thanks for asking btw. It's been great! The new place has a ton for the kids. Across from us Is a park and soccer field and a hill. So we've been having fun. The basement is pretty much my little gaming area lol. It's a super cool set up.

There's been a few minor things pop up with the new house unfortunately like 7 hours after we closed we had a huge water stain on the basement ceiling from a leaking fridge hose! Yea.......that's our luck lol. But other than that all good.

I see you've finally committed your life to botw btw 😉. I'm playing AoC, which is so much better than I thought it would be.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature We got a round of snow on Wednesday - roughly 2-3 inches - but yesterday was pure rain and washed most of what hadn't melted off away. It started out rainy this morning and transitioned to mixed precip/snow around noon. I don't expect much of it to stick with all the rain, but I suspect there might be a few slick spots tomorrow morning. So...Same weather system, just less snow lol. I don't mind snow as long as there isn't a metric ton of it. Now that I think about it, I kinda miss sledding. I almost did a snow angel in a small grass lot by the parking area at work the other day. XD Wasn't wearing the right clothes unfortunately.

Work is going well, but very busy! I'm commuting again after voluntarily working from home during the last leg of November and all of December; I knew I'd be around some vulnerable family around Christmas. Family is healthy and safe, as is yours truly. Thanks for asking! Nothing other than a couple of recent headaches related to eyestrain and a mild ankle roll/sprain that's healing well.

Sounds like the new place is pretty awesome! Plenty of space and fun spots for all the family it sounds like, and you have your very own NBN hangout! Bummer about the water stain; I had a similar experience a couple weeks after I closed on my place with the water heater in my utility room. It passed the house inspection (and tenants were living here at the time) but started leaking profusely after I turned the water back on. I had to replace the whole unit. Hopefully your issue only required replacing or repairing said hose?

HAHAHAHAHA! Committed? More like rented it to BotW until further notice! I'm 110+ hours in and am about to (finally) set things in motion to board my final Divine Beast (Vah Naboris)! I'm not going for 100%, but I've been exploring like crazy and intend to do all the Shrines. XD I'll end up going back to it after a long break to work on the DLC once I buy that. I don't have AoC yet, but you bet I'll be picking that game up now! I'm very glad I played BotW first, and there are some unconfirmed rumors floating around that BotW 2 may show up this year.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Thanks. 😀
I still have a lot of old drawings back on year 2007 and 2008.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx all good stuff. Glad it's all good on your end. Yea botw does that to a person. I'm glad you finally got to enjoy it. Nice on 100%ing. I didn't do that in my 3 playthroughs. I'm doing my best on doing nearly everything in AoC though. AoC is a nice capper to botw since i played it again a few months back. It's all fresh in my mind and this(AoC) just makes it better.

NintendoByNature

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX I completely understand. Some people are just better at it than others. And yes, I agree that sleep is one of the better places for absolute privacy, so spending time in it isn’t that bad...right?

I love sleep. Sleep is very good.

And about my junior ranking... how long will I be junior for?! Until I exceed a thousand posts? Until I’ve been posting for a year? Until I get all the Chit Chat denizens to bow at my virtual feet? Details, man! Details!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx I had absolutely zero instruction, and I was strapped to an instructor! So don’t worry on that front, you don’t need guidance.

It’s either down to luck that you don’t injure oneself like that, or carefulness. For me I think it’s more the latter, especially after the swimming pool incident.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

Blooper987

Directs do not appear to be over. Nintendo has new job applications that include filming live-action portions for Nintendo Directs and other advertisements. Just though I would let yall know

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

jedgamesguy

@Blooper987 Booyeah! But the fact that's just recent means we'll get one in a few months...

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

Anti-Matter

I realized that i still have to work a lot and long for Amiibo Festival to unlock the Amiibo figurines outfits until Level 6. 😲
Gosh... I still at level 3, almost level 4 for certain Amiibos and that's why i played Solo with 4 players controlled by me so each Amiibo figurines will unlock their progress at the same time. Win or Lose, doesn't matter at all.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic