Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 49,241 to 49,260 of 96,490

ogo79

Andrew_R_2000 wrote:

@ogo79 man that looks tasty...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

jedgamesguy

@Heavyarms55 I managed to get one elemental burst once. That whole system, along with getting elemental orbs in the first place, was really confusing during my first playthrough. The whole idea of Driver combos, Blade combos and Fusion combos still confuses me to this day. Combat takes a while in Xenoblade 2, and while sometimes the payoff can be really good (like in the Malos fight at the Cliffs of Morytha where you get a ton of experience) the battle takes a long time.

In Xenoblade X combat was also like this, with some bosses and enemies having such insanely large amounts of health, when they have pathetic amounts of experience. Capping experience at 9999 EXP for battles in Xenoblade X was a very strange design choice, especially because doing things like power-levelling Irina, Gwin and co, took much longer than it could have. Plus during the late game, some bosses like the Zu Pharg, the Vita, and Lao offer such measly amounts of experience that they don't even do that much to level you up.

And one of the penultimate bosses in the game offering two thousand experience points? Is this a joke?

Xenoblade 1's experience pacing was really good, except if you decided to do every single side quest you found, in which case you might find yourself too powerful, between 3 and 6 levels above where bosses are. In the late game the EXP offered for Landmarks was really decreased in terms of the proportion it had between that and how much EXP one needs to level up.

One thing Xenoblade 1 did strangely was adjusting the level when my new characters join the party. Shulk and Reyn were both LV17, but when we got Sharla, she was a whole level behind them, so it made for some imbalanced EXP distribution, and it meant she might have been a bit more susceptible to more damage and all. Xenoblade 2 was okay, although the Bonus EXP really felt a bit strange on that front.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx I sent you a friend request, not really for online play but like MarioLover92, to see what kind of games you like, and how long you've binged Breath of the Wild.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Anti-Matter

Oh, gosh...
My order of Star Fox Zero + Guard are still on the way to my hometown Surabaya.
Have ordered from Tokopedia.
I have never played Star Fox before but judging by the gameplay style, i think i can follow the gameplay style as i have experienced from other similar games such from Ratchet & Clank, Chicken Little.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@theJGG I love the combat in the game. It's a bit to learn but they ease you into it. I love the way combos stack and you can really pile on the damage once you get the hang of it.

Never had any exp issues with the game, doing the side quests eliminates any need for grinding in this series. But progress always feels gradual. Seeing such a massive jump was just nuts.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

jedgamesguy

@Heavyarms55 I just started the Ether Mine and all characters are at LV24, when the enemies in the first section are around 18 or 19. It’s there, but as it takes more EXP to level up it takes more time.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Apologies for late response. Had a snow storm recently, had to prepare by shopping for some things the apartment needed and kept myself busy during the storm with some gaming.

I have played Nights into Dreams on PC, it's been awhile, but did play it on my old PC. Never finished it, but I did enjoy it. I did play Nights: Journey of Dreams on Wii. I still remember the night I bought it. I was at the mall for dinner with a few friends, and just stumbled across a copy for $2 at GameStop. Loved it too, and honestly it made me want to play the original.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

CITRONtanker

Somewhat unrelated to the conversation currently going on, but does anyone have any tips or tricks for Kirby Air Ride? I just got it today, and it's definitely- different than some of the kart racers I've played. It's a fun game, for sure, but it's gonna take some learning.

Buy Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Heavyarms55

@theJGG Well common enemies tend to be lower level, but watch out for named enemies.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Oh that's great it's healing! I'm sure it'll get better in a matter of days, at least.

@theJGG Glad you're liking it. Never had a PS4 (I know, it's shocking. Then again, I never had a PS1 as a kid, either) so if I do get it, I'll have twice as much games to play on it, lol. And yeah it is pretty pricey. Some games cost up to a whopping $70, as well - not sure if my wallet can handle it.

@Sunsy You're good, my response to the other people above was pretty late too. You got it for $2? That's quite the steal if I do say so myself.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

NintendoByNature

Wierd thing is happening with my wii. I had the itch to play some Tony hawk underground for gamecube on it recently and since the wii was hooked up, I figured I'd play on that. I have a gamecube still, but didn't want to set it up since it's packed away. The disc got stuck yesterday and I got it out eventually even though it didn't read and didn't want to eject it. Then I realized it was probably because I had it mounted vertically. So today I turned the wii horizontally, and the same issue occurred. I'm tempted to test the game on either my gamecube, or a different gamecube disc. Wii games still work fine. Any ideas why that's happening?

Edit: so I tested another GC game, and the wii just won't read the disc's.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Yup, three times already. You've correctly identified the first two, and the third one was quite a while back already. At least 10 years or so, on a winter sports vacation. I'm a bit of a speed devil when on skis, so I was a bit too late recognizing the melted snow at the bottom of the mountain while speeding downhill, and that kind of worked like a parking brake, sending me flying forward and snapping my ribs when I landed full frontal on my chest. Oh, well. At least it still serves as a good story to share with friends and the like...

@Anti-Matter Ha, Anti going full-on realistic with his drawings. Nice picture of one of the best classical composers ever.

One minor comment: I'm pretty sure he would have liked you to write his name correctly: it's von Beethoven, not van Beethoven...

@TheJGG Haha, you kinda missed/over-interpreted again. I was just pulling your leg. See? That's what I mean by getting to know us a bit better, so you're a bit more in tune to how we are and how things go in here. But you'll get there soon enough, because you're an okay person, I can tell.

And I do quote stuff every now and then. It's just that I'm not specifically known for quoting. More for being excruciatingly candid. Sometimes up to a scorching level. Blame it on my Amsterdam upbringing. And I've always been pretty direct to begin with, so living over here has only made it worse. Or better, depending on how you look at it. At least you'll know what to expect when talking to me: no ambiguity or reading between the lines, just straight talk.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Thanks. 😀
I have checked his full name from Google and it said Ludwig van Beethoven.
Only the Koopa kids written as Ludwig von Koopa.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature I've honestly never heard of that specific problem before. And having it standing upright shouldn't matter at all, since the drive mechanism will always grab and guide the disc in anyways.

I've tried to find something useful, but all I came across is "are your game discs scratched?" "how old is the Wii?" "did you ever clean the lens?" and so on.

What could possibly be the case is the Wii simply getting a bit fidgety with reading the discs, either because of its age or because of wear and tear. You could indeed try a lens cleaner disc, or if you're handy, you could also opt to replace the drive entirely.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Ha! I stand corrected. I looked it up just now, and apparently, I confused another famous German person's surname with his. Von is German for "van", which is actually the Dutch word for "of", so translated into English, his name would actually be "Ludwig of Beethoven".

Here's some interesting background info about it: https://focusonbelgium.be/en/facts/did-you-know-ludwig-van-be...

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX yea its wierd. Never had an issue until I moved, go figure. I did read somewhere when playing GC games it should be horizontal but I suppose it doesn't matter. That's how I always played it anyway.

But I don't think it's a scratching problem. It just won't grab it and put it in the orientation to be read. It GRABS it, but it doesn't place it if that makes sense. I'm determined to break out the gamecube today or tomorrow to test the games to see what's up.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Well, that sounds more like a stuck drive mechanism, but in your specific case that doesn't seem to make sense, seeing as you did mention it reading Wii discs just fine. Either way, if this problem occurs with ALL of your GameCube discs only, then it might still be worth considering replacing the drive. The prices they go for certainly won't break the bank and it will definitely be cheaper than sending your out of warranty Wii to Nintendo for repairs...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

BruceCM

Certainly sounds like your poor wii's disc drive has just gone ..... Perhaps it got damaged in moving? Hopefully, you figure it out & can fix it, @NintendoByNature

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM It's not entirely gone, seeing as he can still play Wii discs just fine.

BruceCM

That is weird .... Have to see what happens with the actual GameCube playing them, for now

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic