Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 49,181 to 49,200 of 49,425

MarioLover92

@Zuljaras That's a tough question. I feel like Frozen 2 had the better storyline compared to the first one, so I'd say that. Both have very good songs and visuals, IMO, even if the first one's soundtrack is a heck of a lot more memorable.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Island: D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you've added my Switch friend code by replying to my comments.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Zuljaras

@MarioLover92 Nice! Even though I really enjoy gritty and bloody games and movies with horror elements and creepiness I am still a sucker for some Disney movies

Zuljaras

Snatcher

I have been playing paper mario O King so far I made it to the first string and I can see where some of the hate comes from the battle system. It sucks And I really not do it unless I have to plus all the coins they give me makes them to easy, other then that I'm loving everything so far.

Among us plus sonic fan.

Anti-Matter

@SM3DASislit
Yes.
Every year i usually change the calendar layout.
Sometimes i display in Vertical (Sunday on the top), sometimes Horizontal (Sunday on the Left), sometimes i made Portrait calendar, sometimes i made Landscape calendar. The paper size also changed every several years.
And here is example of my calendar 2016 and 2017 design.
Untitled
Untitled

The 2016 i used 6R size (6 x 8 inch).
I used 6R size on year 2014 for the first time, before that my calendar size was 4R (4 x 6 inch).
But started on year 2017 until now i used 6RS size (6 x 9 inch) and actually it was similar size as 4R.

The things i LOVE :
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Anti-Matter

@Eel
Honestly, i didn't remember at all the songs they sung from Frozen 2.
Maybe the melody arrangements from Frozen 2 wasn't really memorable as Let It Go / Do You Want to Build a Snowman ?

The things i LOVE :
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Oh boy, you really still don't understand, huh? You don't ALWAYS have to explain yourself into FAR too much detail about the how and why of what you do. You can't make all people like you or your art. Some people will like it, and some people won't, that's just the way it is. Far as I'm concerned, you're an okay guy, if a bit odd, but even though I objectively appreciate your skill, I just don't like your art, because I simply think that it's too much of the same thing over and over again. And the examples you've posted of your previous calendars prove the exact point I'm making. I see little to no difference between them.

But that's not something for you to be surprised or upset about. We simply all like different things, as most humans do. We have different tastes and likes, and that is perfectly fine. Otherwise, the world would be a VERY boring, samey place.

Just think of it this way: at least we're all here because we share one rather entertaining hobby, and that's gaming. Always look at the things that ARE possible, not at things that aren't. That only brings more negativity.

Anyways, moving on...

@Tyranexx Yeah, I can imagine with the far harsher winter and snow periods over there, that a hot cocoa could definitely be well appreciated, so good choice. In most cases, we don't really have to shuffle snow over here, but I still drink the odd cup of it anyways...

@ogo79 I'd never thought I'd find myself in a position where I'd have to come to a conclusion that your posts/pictures look more friendly and tasteful than any other person's...

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Normally, I'd say well played, if you're able to best ogo79's effort, but currently, I'm a bit too grossed out by the picture you posted. I don't know why, but it makes me think of green eggs...

Eel wrote:

All that burger needs is a thick, juicy, delicious slice of pineapple.

That fixes everything.

@Eel No amount of pineapple will be able to fix that abomination.

Zuljaras wrote:

@ThanosReXXX Funko Pops is probably the closest comparison I could make as well

Doing art for the likes is a no go. It is good for art to be liked but doing it for the attention is a bad habit.

@Zuljaras Couldn't agree more if I wanted to. It's always nice if people appreciate what you've created, but in most if not all cases I couldn't care less if people don't like it at all. I'll survive either way and the people that don't like it, simply have bad taste, that's all...

theJGG wrote:

@HotGoomba___Rebrand It all started with a quip I made on Mulan combined with ogo79 making a comment on burgers. I love this thread.

@theJGG Haha, no that's not right, my friend. Long time residents of the Chit-Chat thread know that it either always starts with pizza or pineapple, and it also ends with it. They are the alpha and omega of the Chit-Chat thread.

But you're forgiven, because you're still relatively new to this haven of tranquility within the halls of NLife...

@SM3DASislit Ah, don't worry about it. Blame it on having to interpret other people's words without tone of voice and facial expressions...

I always think I'm crystal clear, but then I sometimes see the reactions to my comments, and I have to take a step back, reread what I've posted, and come to the conclusion that I may not have been as clear as I initially thought I was.

@Snatcher From now on, I will definitely expect nothing less than perfectly executed spoiler tags from you...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Snatcher Going on? What do you mean?
If it's about the calendar and his six-pack chibi characters, it's just that I don't like them and he's always trying WAY too hard to explain himself or to try and make people like or appreciate him, and sometimes, tastes just differ, that's all.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX Ya I have a friend I showed there art to and they said they didn't like how they do the same pose and the same chibi character they also said they all almost look the same, I was like ouch, I do agree he does try a little to hard(BTW my friend is also a artist)

Among us plus sonic fan.

ThanosReXXX

@Snatcher Well, there you go. My point exactly. And as mentioned, people should (normally) be okay with not all people liking their art. That's just people and their personal tastes, and that's perfectly fine.

Link-Hero

@ThanosReXXX
I don't think he's ever going to understand. You've given plenty of good examples, but none of it is going through to him. His excuse for all the copy and paste artwork is that it's his "signature drawing style". First off, that title is meant for your art style and how you draw it, not character look or posing. In the artist community, creating the same thing over and over again means you're lazy, uncreative, or not that good at drawing anything else. You always want to change things up a bit not only to boost your skills but so it doesn't end up getting repetitive to you or your viewers. He's clearly drawing it for a specific reason, but I don't think I need to explain it to you.

By this point, he's going to start thinking your doing this to be mean to him and will block you eventually. He's done that with me and possibly a few others for making similar criticisms.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

theJGG

@ThanosReXXX Eh, two months is enough time! But where's the beta and gamma of this thread? The beta's Anti-Matter's chibi calendars and the gamma is movie reviews.

ThanosReXXX wrote:

We simply all like different things, as most humans do. We have different tastes and likes, and that is perfectly fine. Otherwise, the world would be a VERY boring, samey place.

Have you read The Giver, by Lois Lowry? If you haven't I'll explain the idea of sameness that it conveys. It's a haunting novel that really makes you question a lot of humanity's values.

Don't be afraid to strike up a conversation!
Video games: RPGs, Action, Adventure.
Movies: Inception, Spirited Away, Theory of Everything.
Stage: Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera.
Music: Daft Punk, video game soundtracks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Sunsy

Seeing Frozen 1 and 2 mentioned, I personally liked both movies. Will say, "Lost in the Woods" is one of my favorite songs from the movie, that power ballad Kristoff sang. Like @MarioLover92, Anna is also my favorite in the movies.

Also, really looking forward to Super Mario 3D World. I have it digitally on Wii U (was snowed in on a Mario Day wanting a new Mario game to play), so I'm looking forward to having a physical copy of it.

Sunsy

theJGG

@Sunsy "For the First Time in Forever" never fails to put a massive smile on my face, the whole routine, from Anna's naive dreams of true love, to her sheltered life inside the castle, to her and Elsa's small duet near the end, is amazing. "For the first time in forever / don't let them in, don't let them see," et cetera, is really good. And "Lost in the Woods" made me cry in the cinema, because of how emotional it was. Kristoff's character was somewhat betrayed in the second film, because of the whole "propose to Anna but keep getting blocked" stereotype. This felt like a nice quasi-redemption. Actually, five songs made me cry during Frozen II, including "Show Yourself", "Some Things Never Change", and "The Next Right Thing,".

Don't be afraid to strike up a conversation!
Video games: RPGs, Action, Adventure.
Movies: Inception, Spirited Away, Theory of Everything.
Stage: Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera.
Music: Daft Punk, video game soundtracks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Anti-Matter

When i checked the screenshots from my New 3DS XL yesterday, i found some funny pictures that i took the pictures long time ago.
These are what i found.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

The things i LOVE :
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

MarioLover92

@Zuljaras It's okay. I won't judge. I like Disney movies as well.

@Sunsy Oh that's cool, I'm looking forward to it as well. I could see myself double-dipping, especially since they've got brand new content and some subtle changes for it. I've done the same thing with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, after all. lol

@Anti-Matter Yeah probably, some of the songs in the first Frozen really stuck to me. But I enjoyed Frozen 2's songs as well.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Island: D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you've added my Switch friend code by replying to my comments.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Zuljaras

I was a big hater of Apple but yesterday I got the iPad Air ...

Today I will get the Apple Pencil and I will be drawing everywhere. It will feel good not being chained to a desk.

Some "toilet" art will come soon as well

Zuljaras

Eel

@Zuljaras ah! Which one? The Air 4? I quite like mine, it’s so much bigger than my old iPad mini, but I’m getting used to it already.

I did get a pencil to draw with even though I’m not quite the artistic type, but I’m sure you’ll manage to do really cool stuff with it.

If you end up getting one of these magnetic back cases be careful with it, they do detach when you least expect it. Mine slid off its case earlier today. Truly scared me.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic