Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 47,021 to 47,040 of 96,305

Vinny

@Heavyarms55 Also, a lot of people feel the need to hate something even when praising something else.
"You see, X is so good. Y is just awful in comparison."

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ThanosReXXX

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Ah, okay. On PX. I was thinking on here or in this thread. Been racking my brain about it, actually. Oh, well...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Ugh! Cancel culture. I've only somewhat recently came across that word, and I hate it and what it stands for already...

By the way: are you still looking for good books, games and movies/series? If so, then depending on your tastes, I might be able to pull a couple of recommendations out of the old magician's hat for you...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX I'm not at this very moment. But I'll remember to ask next time I am!

@Vinny yes, that happens too. But I can kind of handle that a bit more because at least there's a mix of positive and negative in there. But there are so many people who are like "I love X and have loved X for all this time. Only there's nothing X for like the last 5 years that I have liked and I have nothing positive to say about X. But it's okay for me to bash on it endlessly, cause I am totally an X fan! I just hate it."

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Couldn't agree with you more. Everyone has their own opinion, no doubt, but man the amount of negativity I see on things like YouTube annoys me to no end. There's a reason why I just don't read YT comments, for instance. If you don't like, say, the latest game/movie/etc. in a particular franchise, that's cool. You don't have to buy it - you can just play/watch something you like more. Simple as that.

I still remember Sonic Adventure 2 getting that same treatment by the time it came to PC. Before that, many people said it was the best 3D Sonic game. Then everyone said that it aged badly and is trash. Yes I admit, it's certainly no Ocarina of Time, lol. But I still like it.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Jak and Daxter character design was a little bit weird for me. Not really sure i want to consider the games.
But recently i have some interest with Ruff Trigger PS2 by Natsume.
The game was pretty similar with Ratchet & Clank except you are an anthro wolf that can transform into different animals with their special abilities.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 I mean, of course everyone has their own opinions. But they only seem to want to share the negative ones.

Eel

Oh boy. I'm like one of three people in the fandom that doesn't default to hating Natsume-made Harvest Moon games.

One learns to ignore negative communities.

Most of the time...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 You're not wrong. I get that impression too, like that anything positive ceases to matter when talking about a certain game/movie/etc. Personally, I tend to be optimistic when it comes to talking about games, at least my favorite ones. Of course, if there happens to be something I don't like, I'll point it out. Obviously I don't like every game that I have played, but I'm a pretty positive person overall.

@Anti-Matter Oh okay then - just thought that I'd give you my recommendation.

@Eel It's okay - if you like Harvest Moon then more power to you.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 Everyone has things they don't like. But what I just don't understand are the people who follow around those things they don't like, bad mouthing it on every article, every video, and even making their own videos on how much they dislike it. And then taking a step further and saying things like "But I'm a fan of the series, so I can badmouth it all I want".

It just seems so simple to me, if I don't like something, I just do something else. Like it's that easy. There's literally tens of thousands of games to choose from. Probably millions of TV shows and movies at this point. Countless books and songs. Instead of dwelling on this one you don't like, or perhaps don't like anymore, why not move on and find something you do?

I try asking these people and if they respond I always get stuff like
"It's stupid fanboys like you who enable this crap!"
"No no no, I love the series, that's why I am allowed to take a dump on it whenever I want!"

Or the dumbest option:

"If we don't voice our opinions, things will never change!"

There's only a tiny, tiny, tiny number of times I can think of, where there was enough overwhelming, astronomical amounts of backlash to something, that a major company actually responded to an online tantrum. The only two cases I can think of was back in like 2012 or so, when MS said the Xbone would be digital only and be always online with Kinect always listening. That received basically universal backlash and MS changed it. The other was the original design for Sonic in that live action movie. Other than that, every other tantrum I see online, and I see one basically several times a week at this point, has led to absolutely NOTHING.

HotGoomba

I have no idea what this conversation is, but at least it isn't negative.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Heavyarms55

@Eel Ahh, then you know my suffering then as someone who actually likes Pokemon SWSH. lol

From what I've seen, the people who dislike the Natsume Harvest Moon games are almost as bad as the people who dislike SWSH.

Zuljaras

@Heavyarms55 Pokemon SW/SH would still be considered bad for me if they did not make the Physical version + the DLCs inside. Otherwise I would have skipped on a Mainline Pokemon game for the VERY first time.

They at least listened about that.

I will probably get those for Christmas.

ianl579

Pokemon SWSH is a good $40 game sold as a mediocre to disappointing $60 (+ $30 + $18 + $20) game. It's great in a lot of areas - the Gym Battles, general QoL improvements, and the Wild Area, but struggles in others (graphics/story/difficulty). I like it enough, but Game Freak absolutely deserves to be held to a higher standard in my opinion.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Anti-Matter

I need quick answer for this question.
Can i put PS Vita cartridges on HORI Switch card case ?
Is PS Vita cartridge size have similar size as Switch cartridge ?

Anti-Matter

HotGoomba

@Eel @Heavyarms55 I don't really like Pokémon Sword, but I respect the people who do like it.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic