Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 47,021 to 47,040 of 47,403

MarioLover92

@TheFrenchiestFry So, no more Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Sonic, or Mega Man?

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
My AC:NH Island: D-World
Switch Username: MarioFan92

Let me know if you've added my Switch friend code by replying to my comments.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | Twitter:

TheFrenchiestFry

@MarioLover92 No Zelda is too adult

Too much stabby stabby

Sonic also has a giant truck chasing animal wildlife down the streets of San Fransisco, we can't have that

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 At this point, Sunshine is the only 3D Mario I haven't touched. I feel that I owe it to myself to give it a try! I'm also due to replay Galaxy as it has been some time. Super Mario 64....Well, can't say I'd 100% the game this time around, but I'd do the bare minimum to make it to the credits lol. It really is an excellent game, and I can appreciate it for what it was at the time and what it did for the industry....But some aspects of SM64 just haven't aged that well in my book.

I completely missed out on the GameCube and have been relying on ports and remasters to play some of the better games that originated on the platform. Unfortunately they're few and far between.

Currently playing: Untitled Goose Game (Switch), Super Mario Odyssey

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

HotGoomba

@TheFrenchiestFry Nah the only game that deserves to even pop into people's minds is Pong on the Atari 2600.

That one stupid jokester on this website.

Oh yeah, and I hate New Super Mario™ Bros U® Deluxe

Heavyarms55

So how's life with everyone lately? Hope you're doing well. I'm still wallowing in the dark trying to pick up the pieces. But at least I am blessed with the time to figure stuff out. And in the mean time, I've got games and anime, my perpetual anti-drug.

But man, there are days I want to just bury myself in a cave somewhere, or just lock myself in a room. The world, and my life right now are so far from what I imagined they would be at this point...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

BruceCM

Heh, bet that was a bit of a shock if you were expecting it to be 120 or something, @Tyranexx .... I finished that with 300-350, though & those were easy enough to get!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Rexenoboy

@Heavyarms55
I know the feeling. Life's a struggle and doubly so in 2020. This has been a very rough year for a lot of people, including me. No job, almost no social contacts, hobbies that have been canceled, all because of this pandemic. On top of that there are the worldwide political and environmental issues that keep affecting my psyche and you've got the recipe for one of the worst years in my life.

Treasure Acquired

Heavyarms55

@Rexenoboy Right there with you...

kkslider5552000

Yesterday, I shut off my PS3 accidentally while playing MGS1 before I could save after a boss battle.

This is the type of "my time was wasted" moment that makes me consider not playing it again for a year (which is literally what I did for FFVII once).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Zuljaras

Tomorrow I will be 32 and I have 2 games arriving. Aaaand I gave up and ordered DooM 1 for the GBA from eBay Weakling!!!

@MsJubilee Actually since I arrived here, so that is years not months.

I prefer to call him out when he snaps

He is calm now so there is no need for that for another 1-2 weeks.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

HobbitGamer

I'm only gonna say this advice once, take it or leave it;

If you find yourself in such an uncomfortable quandary that what a random person on the internet says bothers you, simply ignore such a person. Especially if you are frequenting a site that provides such a feature. Don't try and offer life tips, don't spend time discussing what you wish a person would or would not do, just ignore and go about your business. Complaining about it, when you're presented with a solution, is a childish act. This isn't about just one person, either.

Do what you will, this is my only advice on the matter. Which I'll take to heart as well.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Vinny

@Rexenoboy @Heavyarms55 I'm with you guys. Not like things have been great just before 2020, but now it feels like the ship (the world ship) is sinking really fast...

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Tyranexx

@BruceCM For some reason, I had it in my head that there were around 400 Moons in the game. Not sure where I picked up that information. Basically the official count is more than twice that amount. XD

@Heavyarms55 Things have actually been fairly decent for the last week or so for me, but having a bday had a lot to do with that. Added a couple of Switch retail games to my collection as a result (specifically Let's Go Eevee! and DQ XI), yet I ignored them both and started playing through both Super Mario Odyssey and the 3DS Superstar Saga remake instead. XD It IS Mario's 35th this month, after all, and I've been meaning to give both games a try.

2020 has definitely been a rollercoaster. There have been some days/weeks where I just wanna go off the grid or live in some WiFi-wired cave away from civilization while everyone dukes it out. Really, what makes me ill the most are how human beings as a whole treat each other. Have a difference in opinion? Fine. But stop shaming one another if one's life experiences and general outlook are different. And that's not even getting into how everyone reacts to something when they don't have or aren't privy to all the facts....Whatever happened to peaceful discourse?

Currently playing: Untitled Goose Game (Switch), Super Mario Odyssey

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

MarioLover92

@TheFrenchiestFry But...we all like Zelda games. This is why we can't have nice things.

@Tyranexx Yeah, there hasn't been a whole lot of GameCube rereleases. Before 3D All-Stars, we did get stuff like the Wii versions of GC games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on the Wii U, and Luigi's Mansion on the 3DS, but that's kinda it. I suspect that the analog L and R buttons have something to do with it. Hopefully that'll change when the next Nintendo console comes out.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
My AC:NH Island: D-World
Switch Username: MarioFan92

Let me know if you've added my Switch friend code by replying to my comments.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | Twitter:

BruceCM

Yeah, I know, @Tyranexx .... There is, supposedly, a different ending if you get them ALL

SW-4357-9287-0699

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Peaceful discourse died when people's "opinions" became rejection of other people's basic rights and rejection of rational thought...

BruceCM

Certainly looks good, @Zuljaras .... Send me a piece?

SW-4357-9287-0699

App

@Zuljaras I don't know a single person that would deny that gorgeous slice of heaven. Your SO's a good cook!

App

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic