Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 47,001 to 47,020 of 96,524

Tyranexx

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Everyone needs a good ol' rename every now and again. I've had a couple of usernames here, but this is the one I've stuck with the longest. Probably the most colorful one I've used was Blitzenexx during the holidays a couple of years ago.

@Heavyarms55 As long as the big rushes weren't often (pretty sure I've mentioned this, but I have a moderate form of enochlophobia), I could definitely get behind train travel. I don't have much of a work commute now - about ten minutes on average - but I definitely wouldn't like spending a huge chunk of my day in a car if the time was a lot longer. I've researched some pass options for public transport to cities I've visited, and some of them are very reasonable. I don't blame people for not wanting a car (or needing a license) when they have better and maintenance-free options available. Unfortunately, the only form of local public transport open to most citizens around here (a small bus for senior citizens and the disabled aside) is a taxi service, and at that point you're better off carpooling or investing in your own vehicle.

Beer trains? I think I've heard of them. Are there certain cars on the trains where drinking is allowed? I'm not a huge beer fan and prefer wine and mixed fruity drinks, but there have been a couple of brews that I've liked. None of the canned stuff, that's for sure. A locally made stout aside, the only brand I haven't outright disliked is Yuengling; I tried some of that in Philly last year. The brand is slowly migrating west, but the closest it can be found to here are a few locations in Indiana.

I likely won't plan on digging into Pokemon Home much until I sink a couple dozen hours into Let's Go Eevee!, and even then I doubt I'll use it heavily until I finally get around to Sw/Sh. If shiny hunting is that easy in LGPE, I might give it a whirl for some of my favorite shiny designs.

Speaking of shinies, I managed to hatch a shiny Alolan Grimer earlier. It looks suspiciously like a normal Grimer besides that spot of yellow on its chin....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Beer trains were just one type. They actually had wine and sake trains too. (And the beer train had fruity drinks too. I am very fond of Japanese plum drinks)

But booze is always allowed on trains. These were events where it was served on train like a rolling bar. It's awesome! The one in my area did the loop around Lake Biwa, the largest lake in Japan. It always started with us English teachers reserving our own car, but ending up hanging with all the locals by the end of the night.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HotGoomba

@Tyranexx I'll probably change my name back to @HotGoomba in January, since looking back I prefer that name.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

HotGoomba

@Eel I love and hate it at the same time. It's immediately recognizable and kinda cute, but it's also ugly and I hate the color scheme, and I love it for that.

7/10: Needs More Maui.

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx I didn't even bother with comments sections underneath older articles. I've decide to just accept my loss of having missed/not read them, and stick to the here and now, far as those are concerned.

But that still left me with a backlog of 40+ Chit-Chat forum pages, so that was indeed a bit overwhelming at first.

But hey, I'm all caught up now...

P.S.

Fruity drinks? As in Sangria, or more like liquors?

@Heavyarms55 Well, I can definitely relate to becoming a bit short-tempered when in a dark mood. Either that or overly emotional...

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Okay... so, I feel kinda stupid now. In a more clear-headed state of mind, I actually might have figured it out already...

I do have to confess that I can't recall having talked to you before, I'm afraid.

So, that has either slipped my mind entirely, due to all the stuff I had to deal with over the last few months, or we only talked once or twice, I don't know.

I was actually completely on the wrong track, thinking I was talking to someone else entirely, so that also kinda threw me off, no offense.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

Quick question.
Can i use HORI Switch card case to store PS Vita cartridge as from my observation, they have identical size ?

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Eenie meenie miney mo
Now i have time to play some video games.
But what games should i play now ?
A. PS4
B. PS2
C. Switch

Anti-Matter

Vinny

Anti-Matter wrote:

Eenie meenie miney mo
Now i have time to play some video games.
But what games should i play now ?
A. PS4
B. PS2
C. Switch

PS2.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Anti-Matter

@Vinny
PS2 for tonight ?
Well, let's see my PS2 games.
I saw DDR, K-1, Minna no Tennis, Ratchet Deadlocked....
I think i know what should i play tonight.
Thanks for the suggestion. 😀

Anti-Matter

Vinny

@Anti-Matter Deadlocked is pretty cool! It's the only PS2 Ratchet game I haven't beat yet.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter @Vinny I've played Ratchet Deadlocked too, but that was a long time ago. I do remember liking it, though I haven't got too far in it. I have the original trilogy remasters on PS3 as well. (Didn't play too much of the Ratchet games on PS2 back then.)

Also, Anti-Matter, have you ever played Jak and Daxter? You'd probably like the first one, it's a 3D platformer that's similar to stuff like Super Mario 64. I like the first three games, those have always been my favorites on the PS2.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

HotGoomba

@ThanosReXXX Hey, that's ok man. We talked back at Pure Xbox, but I understand if you don't remember us talking.

Heavyarms55

2020 internet culture sucks. Because being angry and hating on something is such an easy way to get views and clicks, I feel like more and more that's overtaking anything positive. "Why be happy about things we like, when we can be angry about the things we don't?" And you know, for serious issues like politics, when peoples lives and/or livelihoods are on the line, I get it, being happy about the good things does nothing.

But for games, books, anime, tv, music and the like? What good do these temper tantrums I see all the time online do? And lately I've seen it all over. Pokemon, Star Wars, Halo, the Marvel movies, Harry Potter.

Call it cancel culture, outrage culture, whatever name you want to label it with, and all I can say is if I want to cancel anything, it's this attitude itself.

And I am so sick of self described fans who haven't had anything positive to say about a series in the last decade! If you don't like something, please leave those of us who do alone! Go do the things you actually like, PLEASE!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic