Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 47,001 to 47,020 of 47,403

Zuljaras

@TheFrenchiestFry I actually tried to help him with videos of a guy that shares how to cope with Asperger's. He did not listen, yet he complains from time to time how he does not have friends and he is lonely.

And the guy in the video explains how to tackle this issue and find friends even if they have different tastes than you.

He does not want to listed. He repeats how "he does not want to change, he is perfect they way he is" etc.

How to explain to such person that it is NOT about his gaming taste that is bothersome but the way he condemns people who play R-rated games?

He even went as far as to remove people from his Switch online list because they were enjoying R-rated games such as Doom etc. I am ok with that but he made it public like it is some kind of heroic deed.

Zuljaras

Tasuki

@TheFrenchiestFry Right I agree. He really should. He expects everyone else to change for him, yet the guy Is unwilling to change for others. It's a two way street you want people to accept who you are you gotta accept people for who they are. Alot of people like more mature themes in their games does that make them bad people no.

I find it weird that a grown man (he claims he is 30 something years old but to me he acts alot more younger) likes kiddie games the way he does. Mind you there's nothing wrong with a grown up liking games aimed at kids but they way he goes on about them it's creepy, unless like I said he's not really as old as he says he is.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Anti-Matter

To clarify, i will be 36 years old on this October 2020.
My body is adult but my mind still like teenagers.
How did i fallen in love with cute and kiddie stuffs, moreover girly stuffs ?
I love those things by naturally, since when i was kid. Hard to explain but my brain was very welcome with the geometric shapes, color pattern, interest pattern from those stuffs. My brain accepting those stuffs as something entertaining.
I have interest with Sailor Moon, Candy Candy, girly things (fashion, cooking, dolls, rainbow land, etc) since when i was 5 / 6 grade students.
It wasn't creepy to have very unusual interest like that because i knew i was different.
And that difference shaped my completely different game list to play.
An adult men (mostly) will not dancing Para Para Paradise, watching America's Next Top Model, having fun with cutesy stuffs but i did it.
Most adult peoples will try to draw more realistic and edgy but i did the opposite, more cartoonish and must be cute.
But of course i still have my masculine side that balanced by my girly side.
That's the answer to clarify about me.

My Favorite Rhythm games
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Pop'n Music
5. Beatmania IIDX
6. MaiMai
7. Taiko no Tatsujin
8. Dance Evolution
9. Sound Voltex
10. Mambo-A-Gogo

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

TheFrenchiestFry

@Tasuki There's nothing wrong with liking games targeted towards children or familes. I'm about a month away from becoming a full fledged adult yet I still play a few platformers like Mario from time to time, and I'm obviously not the sole target audience. But forcing those kinds of opinions onto others is just one-sided and makes you out to be an unlikable.

That'd be like if I forced everyone to only do the things I like to do as recreational activities without acknowledging that they have their own preferences. It just makes everyone around you really not like you at all.

Edited on by Eel

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Anti-Matter If this is your idea of defending how you treat people who like Mature rated games I feel embarrased for you. Your behaviour is still extremely unhealthy and toxic.

TheFrenchiestFry

App

@TheFrenchiestFry I’ve ignored him now. Shouldv’e done it a long time ago.

App

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

I guess i will leave to enjoy my solitary time.
Thanks for having me.

My Favorite Rhythm games
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Pop'n Music
5. Beatmania IIDX
6. MaiMai
7. Taiko no Tatsujin
8. Dance Evolution
9. Sound Voltex
10. Mambo-A-Gogo

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

crashcontrol

Did I walk in on a war zone.

Inkling, Joker and Sonic main in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

My favourite villager in ACNH is Phoebe

I speedrun Sonic Mania Plus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941- 0589-4299

Switch Username: KyleRenSM

PSN: crashcontrol

MsJubilee

Oh god, Why don't you guys block Anti already and be done with it(especially you @Zuljaras, you been at his throat for months now)? I did months ago, and I never looked back.

I don't enjoy suffering alone. However, I don't mind making others suffer alone.

I'm reading Dead Space Martyr and Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep.

I am playing through The Evil Within 1 and Injustice 2.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

HotGoomba

@crashcontrol We both did lol

That one stupid jokester on this website.

Oh yeah, and I hate New Super Mario™ Bros U® Deluxe

HotGoomba

@MsJubilee I've never gotten into any fights with him, but he's so annoying. The only reason why I don't block him is because I'm so amazed with what he's saying, and there still a l I t t l e hope in me that he'll change his ways, but that won't happen for a while.

Tyranexx

While almost everyone else is playing older 3D Mario games on the Switch, I'm instead playing through the newer 3D Mario that came out back in 2017 for the first time. I'm absolutely loving Super Mario Odyssey. It's just so...fun, intuitive, and rewarding. I'm not very far in - the Sand Kingdom - and am already at over 50 moons. I felt pretty good about that until I looked up how many moons the game actually has.... Yeah, I don't think I'll be a completionist this time.

(I am totally not trying to change the topic. Not at all....)

Currently playing: Untitled Goose Game (Switch), Super Mario Odyssey

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

HotGoomba

@Eel lol

MarioLover92

@Tyranexx Glad you're enjoying it - Super Mario Odyssey is an excellent game indeed. Yeah that game has a TON of moons to get. I like trying to get as much moons as I can, before they get super hard to find. Recently I've been playing Super Mario Sunshine via 3D All-Stars.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
My AC:NH Island: D-World
Switch Username: MarioFan92

Let me know if you've added my Switch friend code by replying to my comments.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 That's more or less what I've been doing: combing each stage for Moons until they become more difficult to find and I feel like moving on. Should be moving on to the Lake Kingdom next session. I've been pleasantly surprised by some of the methods I've used to find Moons. Some of the events are seemingly random.

Sunshine is the main reason why I want to (eventually) pick up 3D All-Stars. I still own Galaxy and am not hurting to play that one too badly, and I played through Super Butter Mario 64 via the Wii U VC not too long ago. Figured that purchase could wait a few months.

Currently playing: Untitled Goose Game (Switch), Super Mario Odyssey

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

App

@Eel that’s literally what I did. I didn’t even bother correcting him.

App

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

MarioLover92

@Tyranexx Yeah that's a good reason to pick it up - Sunshine has never been rereleased up until now, after all. It's definitely the most unique 3D Mario game, and a very good one at that too. It has its flaws, but I really like the worlds, controls (they're a lot better than 64's), and of course FLUDD. It may not be my favorite 3D Mario (mine is Galaxy), but I still recommend giving it a shot once you get the opportunity.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
My AC:NH Island: D-World
Switch Username: MarioFan92

Let me know if you've added my Switch friend code by replying to my comments.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | Twitter:

Tasuki

@TheFrenchiestFry Oh I agree there's nothing wrong at all liking family or kiddie games. At one moment I can be playing Call of Duty with my friends and then 30 minutes later I am playing and enjoying something like Spyro the Dragon. But to force that opinion that kiddie games are the only games around and try to for e them on other people that's not healthy as you said. I understand that someone may like gore and violence but wanting to censor other people's enjoyment of it because you can't handle it. Well sorry to say but it's you that has the problem not society.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

TheFrenchiestFry

@Tasuki obviously the only game that deserves to exist in day to day life is Clu Clu Land

TheFrenchiestFry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic