Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 46,961 to 46,980 of 96,524

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Well I'm healthy and safe and so is my family and so are my friends. I count that as a win. There's plenty I could complain about but the most important things are there.

Still can't sleep properly without either zquil or... totally legal "edibles".

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

1UP_MARIO

@ThanosReXXX welcome back. Hope all is well.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

MarioVillager92

@ThanosReXXX Welcome back - hope things continue to go well for you!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

Dang, it's rare that I have a Monday that is actually better than the previous Friday. Must have something to do with the year.

@Heavyarms55 Not trading regional exclusives would be my best guess as well. I do enjoy traveling, but I haven't been outside the continental US outside of a short cruise when I was a child. I'm not so keen to travel these days for obvious reasons, but previously the biggest barriers have been money and being able to take enough time off.

I seem to have allergies to both pollen and dying/rotting plants lol. Nothing severe, but I have to use eye drops more often on some days and definitely deal with a few sneezing fits if I inhale enough dirt and whatever else is currently in the air. It's rare that I need to medicate anything besides my eyes.

@ThanosReXXX HE LIVES! I figured you just took some time off, assumed it was due to the new job and/or personal reasons. If I didn't have you as a friend on the Switch, I would've been more concerned if there wasn't the occasional blip of account activity. XD I hope that your father is doing better and am glad to read that you're feeling better as well.

Welcome back! Feel free to stick around.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tasuki

Tomorrow I have to put down one of my guinea pigs. Found out today he's got cancer and it's pretty severe. Not what I was hoping to start my day off with tomorrow.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki jeez im sorry man. Putting down a put is just as hard as losing a friend or family member at times.

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Yeah. Watching TV or reading books would sometimes make it seem like travel is a reasonable thing to have as a hobby, but it's really not. It's a very expensive thing to do, especially by air or sea. Arguably I travelled all over Japan while I lived there, but that was because Japan is comparatively small and has some of the best mass transit around. From what I have read, Europe has somewhat comparable systems within Europe, but again, that's still land locked... and the UK. Flying overseas is a massive expense!

I don't see why they don't just add it and tack on a massive stardust fee for regional Pokemon. Like, honestly, I'd have dropped 100k stardust on a Heracross. I got lucky that I met a person from Brazil who traded me one in person while I was in Japan. Even if it was a more expensive trade, lots of us would use the system. All of my closest friends are spread out between Japan, Michigan, New Mexico, Utah, California and Texas. None of those are a reasonable day trip. I could probably visit Cali or New Mexico over a few days but that ain't like visiting someone downtown.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HotGoomba

@Tasuki I am so sorry for you. I never had a personal experience of putting a pet down, but it's still really sad to see your pet go.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Tasuki My condolences. I realize it must've been tough having to process that.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

roy130390

@Tasuki I'm sorry to hear that mate. I'm also a guinea pig lover, they are amazing. It's really painful to let them go but it's for the best. I miss the ones that passed away, but they made me so happy and I'm grateful for that. Sorry that's there's nothing one can say to make things things better but at least there's always people to talk with.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Zuljaras

@WoomyNNYes to think of it that would be so cool.

But my idea was to sit down and draw something surrealistic. In my case a crab that is creating and maintaining a desert hence the name of the painting "The sand populator"

Edited on by Zuljaras

MarioVillager92

@Tasuki Jeez, sorry to hear about your guinea pig. It is really tough to lose a pet/loved one, for sure. I'm sure you gave the little guy a good life. My condolences go out to you too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic