Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 46,981 to 47,000 of 96,310

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Thanks, much appreciated.

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Yes, he does live. And with whom do I have the honor of communicating?

@Anti-Matter Nice drawing, love the coloring, as usual. And thanks for the welcome back.

@BruceCM @WoomyNNYes @NintendoByNature @1UP_MARIO @Link-Hero @MarioLover92
Thanks, you guys. Very kind of you all.

@Tyranexx Don't mind if I do. At first, the enormous comment back log seemed a bit overwhelming, but now that I dove in head first and took care of most of it, I'm already settling back in quite nicely, so you can expect to see/read a little bit more from me than the last couple of months...

@Tasuki sorry to hear about your pet. No matter what kind of pet it is, you get attached to them anyway, so it's never something you'd want to experience. All the best.

@Heavyarms55 Well, that's good to hear. A couple of months back, it sounded like you were more or less returning to some kind of personal hell, if you don't mind me saying so, but you seem quite a bit calmer and/or more accepting of the whole situation now. Far as anyone can estimate such a thing through anonymous online communication, that is.

I am now kinda curious as to what might be labeled as totally legal "edibles", though...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX In all honesty I am not really happy here. I am just well aware of how profoundly worse my situation could be. So I am trying to to restrict myself from too much whining.

And you should talk to a girl called Mary Jane about those edibles, she can explain better than I.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HotGoomba

@Eel I'm getting the Galaxy Tab S7 because of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, and I get a free Controller with it, yay.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Eel

Oh that sounds like a great bundle.

Our internet is unstable at best, so I think I’ll be skipping game streaming for now.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Ah, okay. Outer Orbital Cakes, then.
If we're gonna play word games, I'm in...

As for the rest: I kinda figured that would be it. Very mature of you, regardless. And probably the most sensible thing to do as well. Focus on the now, and keep in mind that when things blow over, you're probably still young enough to reconsider/explore the options of going back once again. You may never know what the future may bring.

And besides that, being with your own family, under forced circumstances or not, may also not be the worst thing in the world, seeing as you'll never have to wonder about the what if's of being half a world away when something bad happened to the one/the few of them that you actually do appreciate.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HotGoomba

@ThanosReXXX
I'm the guy that had this disgusting profile picture
Untitled

I have no idea why I changed my name.

Don't click on it.

ThanosReXXX

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Mr Angry Toad/Potato head, is that you?
What's up with all the smoke & mirrors? No offense, but I'm afraid, I'm still none the wiser...

HotGoomba

@Eel nah, I'll wait, I'll suffer until January with this name.

Don't click on it.

HotGoomba

Don't click on it.

Blooper987

Got a new profile pic!!! What do ya'll think?

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Heavyarms55

@Eel @Tyranexx So, Pokemon Home - Pokemon Go connectivity is live! At least for level 40 players and working its way on down. It does NOT cost money to send Pokemon to Home, like some of the rumors were suggesting. But there is a fairly strict timer on it and you can use Pokecoins to bypass the timer if you really really want. Otherwise it goes from used up to fully charged in a week's time. It takes a full charge to send 5 non-legendary shiny Pokemon with low CP. Legendaries and high CP Pokemon take more energy, shiny legendaries and mythicals take an enormous amount. Basically one shiny legendary or mythical and that's all you're doing for a week.

@ThanosReXXX Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Things could be much worse so I need to, badly need to, remember to focus on the positive side of things. It's way to easy to make myself so upset I start getting physically ill.

Eel

Yup I just happened to see a video about it on youtube.

Hopefully they'll open it up for more players soon. I'm level 36.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Well, I'm not really into guessing games, I'm afraid: I'm more of a "just answer the friggin' question" kinda guy, seeing as I'm pretty direct and/or in your face with my own answers/reactions as well. Guess I'll find out somewhere in January, then...

@Heavyarms55 Physically ill from stress? Well now, we wouldn't want to have that, now would we?
All kidding aside though, I'm sure you'll find some way to tough it out, or whatever other label you want to slap onto it. At least the country as a whole seems to slowly be coming to its senses, although a certain orange-hued madman still doesn't want to admit defeat...

On a related side note: I actually know a thing or two about stressing myself into sickness, so maybe I'm both the right AND the wrong person to give someone else advise about that specific topic...

Tyranexx

@Tasuki Man, I'm really sorry to read that. Losing or putting down a pet is always hard IMO.

@Heavyarms55 Agreed on travel. I've flown a few times, but just about all those were either paid for by my parents (when I was young, usually via deals and a ton of saving), paid for via fundraising (a couple of trips in high school) and in more recent years have been related to short work conferences with most expenses paid for. I've also taken the train a couple of times, but the driving time to my desyination is comparable. And that's without delays for whatever reason. The vast majority of my travel has been in a vehicle. I'd love for there to be a fast, reliable mass transit network in the US, but in my experience that doesn't typically exist outside of a select few major cities.

Some flights to some places are fairly cheap, but anywhere off the continent, especially to some more popular destinations? Pretty expensive. There are a ton of places I'd like to go, but I'd like to be in a better financial position before considering setting aside some cash for a trip.

I'd support a massive stardust fee; that would detract some but would still allow for regionals to be obtained. Outside of events that swap Pokemon availability, the only regional I've caught is a Carnivine when I was in the Carolinas last year.

Thanks for the brief on Pokemon Home! That's not a service I'm using yet, but I might start with it now that there's Pokemon Go connectivity. I was initially waiting until I obtained some pixels I wanted to save in the Switch Pokemon games lol.

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Is...that Maui's face photoshopped to a Goomba? Props for a Moana reference!

@ThanosReXXX Glad to know the sheer amount of comment backlog didn't scare you off. The forums here are still pretty chill overall, but a lot of the articles....You'd think I'd learn NOT to comment on some of the busier ones....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HotGoomba

@Tyranexx Yep, I'm disappointingly happy that I made this and made it my profile picture until last month (and changed by name from @HotGoomba to @HotGoomba___Rebrand)

Don't click on it.

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Yeah, it's less that travel by train is actually all that much faster (bullet trains aside) but on a train, you don't need to do anything either. Swipe your care or put in your ticket, hit the train, and chill. Sure during big rushes sometimes I'd have to stand, but even then, I could read something on my phone, or play a game. I could drink, I could drink booze if I wanted to. (and train beers are a well honed tradition in Japan, have I ever told you about the Beer Trains?) I could play my Switch or whatever. But driving home after a long day or work? And train systems often let you buy a monthly or even yearly pass for a specific route that is far far cheaper than owning a car, insurance, fuel, repairs, etc etc.

And honestly, until you get Pokemon SWSH, there really isn't much reason to get Home. Unless you have things in Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee that you want to store and actually want to replay that game. Which, to be fair, that's a good game for shiny hunting in, if you are into that. aDrive on YouTube/Twich hunted all 150 obtainable shinys with several extras. He actually had to stop getting unrelated duplicate shinys because it would reset his counters for the ones he was actually hunting. lol

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, there is some good news to be sure. While I do think things are going to get worse before they get better, I do, now, actually think things are gonna get somewhat better.

And yeah, from the sound of it, you have had more than your share of that kind of trouble. The biggest issue I had is the insomnia. It was really bad around the time that I moved. The other issue is that it kind of turns me into a dick to the people around me. I don't want to be rude, but when I get depressed even I think I'm a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic