Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 46,941 to 46,960 of 96,481

Eel

Oh now that I remember I also got one shiny drifloon during the limited research event last month.

Itโ€™s a really nice shiny, very colorful.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

I already evolved the shiny Drifloon. I nicknamed it Doubloon. It fits so well. XD

@Heavyarms55 Those random shiny finds for something you aren't particularly looking for at the time are great! I had an experience like that a month or two ago; I found a random shiny Lickitung without warning. Those are incredibly rare around here. I only tapped it for the candy initially. Nugget is now one of my favorite gym squatters due to his HP.

I really, REALLY hope they add long-distance trading. I can't really understand why they haven't, especially these days when traveling isn't all that encouraged. It's been a thing in the main series ever since the GTS was added.

The weather was also amazing here this weekend, but I didn't have much of a desire to go anywhere yesterday. After a bunch of craziness last weekend and an insane week on the work front, I needed a day at home. XD I got out for a little while today, but some of that "fresh air" was actually the dust and leaf litter I kicked up from mowing. I'm still sneezing occasionally....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I can only assume they don't want people trading regional exclusives. A lame reason but the only one I can think of.

And I understand not wanting to go out cause of allergies. One benefit of living in a barren wasteland is that I no longer have to worry about my allergies to dead rotting plants in fall. Here things don't mold, they wither into dust. Which doesn't bother my allergies. Lol

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Blooper987

My friend is watching the Danganronpa anime and was really sad that Junko died so early cause he really liked her. Iโ€™m just laughing to myself knowing what happens later.๐Ÿ˜‰

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Eel

@Heavyarms55 see? The bright side of things!

Btw, if you live near Mt Lemmon, I absolutely recommend visiting during winter. It's a literal winter wonderland up there. With cabins, trails, skiing, etc.

I will unfortunately not be able to visit Arizona or any part of the USA this year, due to travel restrictions and the fact our travel visa decided to expire on the worst year possible. It's honestly pretty depressing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Heavyarms55

@Eel I'd encourage people not to visit the US right now anyway. Lol (half laughing half crying...)

But I will keep that in mind for the future.

HotGoomba

@Heavyarms55 @Eel Yeah us Americans aren't really doing the best things rn, so for the love of EVERYTHING, don't go to America this year or even next year depending on what's happening.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Eel

Itโ€™s not like I can. Like, at all.

Probably wonโ€™t be able to until late late 2021/early 2022.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

App wrote:

Also @ThanosReXXX left us. He was one of my favorites

Ah... did he really? Darn, such a shame. Bit of a moody fella at times, but genuinely a good-natured, heart on his sleeve kinda guy...

@BabyYoshi12 @Heavyarms55 @WoomyNNYes @Zuljaras (and anyone else I forgot to mention) thanks for all the nice and kind words you guys! Sheesh, way to make an older guy blush.

Seeing as I came back into this thread starting at page 2337, I'm afraid that I don't have the time or the attention span anymore to leaf through 40+ pages, so I guess I'll just jump back in from here on out.

For those curious or wondering what the heck was up: in short, besides being slightly overwhelmed/overworked at the office, I kind of found myself swept away in another one of my dark episodes, brought on by some personal crap and sorrows/goings on concerning the health of my dad,
so I had to deal with all of that at once, and it kind of made the water rise up to levels WAY above my head,
so I simply couldn't cope at that point and ultimately, I had to take some time off to get my sh** back together and my head back on straight, but I finally managed to make it out of that tunnel.

Took a bit longer than I expected/hoped/wanted, but I'm back, more or less. Couple of mental cuts and bruises richer, but other than that, I'm fine. As of now, I'll try to keep up with you guys a bit more, but I'm not about to chisel any promises in stone, so bear with me. I'm kind of like a slow boomerang: I may be gone for quite a while sometimes, but I'll always return eventually...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Yooooooooo I am just glad you're alive and well. You really never know these days. Hope things calm down for ya though!

Honestly I saw the reply and did a double take! Didn't think we'd see you on here again!

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Nah... takes a bit more than a "tiny" depression/episode to get rid of this old Titan. Back in my younger days, I used to try and fight/resist them, but nowadays I know it's better, or rather: easier to just let the wave come over me and go along for the ride and then wait it out, because I've had enough of them over the decades to know that they'll never be that dark that there's never any light at the end of the tunnel anymore.

But thanks again. Sure feels kinda nice being appreciated and missed and so on. I guess that means I'm actually human after all...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Thanks!
Nice drawing by the way, that skeleton warrior in Space Marine armor, 40+ pages back...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Ah, was I? Well, like I said, I suffered some mental cuts and bruises, so some things from two months ago aren't as clear anymore. Or have simply escaped my internal filing cabinet...

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Those new drawings are pretty good, by the way.

@Eel You'd figure that a person being familiar with "Dia de los Muertos" should be accustomed to seeing a ghost or two...

@Heavyarms55 Forgot to ask earlier: how have you been doing Stateside? Have you finally settled in/accustomed yourself to your old(er) life again?

Anti-Matter

Eel wrote:

Gah! A g-g-g-ghost!

Nah !
@ThanosReXXX hasn't seen yet my Wraith ๐Ÿ˜
Untitled
Okaerinasai ! ๐Ÿ˜€
Welcome back.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic