Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,741 to 38,760 of 96,522

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter I have a cat like that he's always fighting. There's lumps of hair missing from he's neck🐱

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Hmm, I'll have to look that place up. Iowa is within a reasonable distance; it's a bit of a drive still, but I can be within its confines in about 4 hours depending on the route. I really wish you'd mentioned that before when I last passed through a couple years ago! XD My family was in the Des Moines area for a couple of days in 2018.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

@ThanosReXXX I played with it for a bit, so let's say these are my initial impressions. It's honestly not bad at all, cheap feeling, but very competent compared to other AtGames products I've tried. It also supports save states, and rewinding. Though I haven't tried those.

Being Atari games, I mostly have no idea what's happening in a large majority of them. But the few games I'm familiar with are perfectly fine.

Dig dug is surprisingly close to the arcade game. Frogger is literally frogger. Pacman is pretty good outside of the sprite flickering which makes it harder than usual. Etc.

It seems you can also load extra games with an SD card. So I'll look into that when I'm back home. Though that SD card slot is a big gaping hole with no way to cover it. So that's kinda worrying.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Yeah, frozen lines from temperature exposure is a big problem, and a cause of leaks, but my basement (and crawlspace) are the same temp as the rest of the house. My problem is the age of the original copper lines. I have issues with the long, horizontal runs and 90 degree elbows in the basement where water tends to pool and sit at all times as opposed to the long vertical lines up the walls that feed the water rooms, though one of those did break in the wall in the entry. I finally figured out my drain issues last spring after a long, expensive battle. It was infuriating, and I still can’t allow my washing machine and dishwasher to drain at the same time.

I hope you saw the halftime performance. I think it almost made me pregnant. The commercials were pretty good from what I saw, but I tend to use them for game breaks. The game was good, not great. All in all, a fun evening around my place.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

Did anyone else have problems commenting on the site about 12 hours ago? When I visited the site last night (my time) I couldn't comment on anything. The button just did nothing. Everything else seemed to work fine however and it seems okay now.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

WoomyNNYes

@Heavyarms55 my mobile session timed out quicker than normal before I pressed the post button. But it worked once I logged back in. Edit: maybe I was on a fire hours after the time you're citing.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
Mine was okay.
But i realized some of my posts on PS1 vs N64 article has deleted. 🤨
I didn't even post any negative comments.
Just only shared my opinion about PS1 over N64 by my comparison.
Then, user named SwitchForce copycat my post and made his own version.
And both of our posts has been deleted.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Woomy_NNYes Perhaps my internet was being derp last night or something. I had no other issues, just an inability to leave comment. Weird.

@Anti-Matter Perhaps you or him had some bad word in your comment, unintentionally. If I remember right neither of you has English as a first language right? English does have a decent handful of words that are considered rude but not obviously unless you're familiar with the issue.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Anti-Matter

@Eel
It has been deleted two days ago. 😕
I didn't really remember the words I posted on.
I posted my comment about PS1 vs N64 by using my PS1 games references as comparison. I wrote I choose PS1 because it has a lot of DDR games on PS1. Second, I said PS1 has more games library diversity than N64. Also, I said PS1 machines model looked more beautiful than N64, PS1 game box looks more appealing than N64, PS1 controller design looks more comfortable than N64.
Then an user named Carlos82 if i remembered, questioning my opinion because of saying Pepsiman / DDR was more appealing than Zelda Ocarina / Mario 64 / Goldeneye N64. Then, i explained if i was a DDR player and have been playing DDR Arcade for almost 17 years. And i showed him my DDR 3rd Mix PS1 picture as the proof. I explained to him also about Pepsiman and other quirky PS1 games that more appealing than majority of N64 games.

I didn't put any rude or inappropriate words in my post. I have typed very carefully.

Anti-Matter

Vinny

Thinking about it, technology was already really advanced by 2001.
There were already DVDs, MGS2 and Cowboy Bebop: The Movie!
Not to mention the GameCube and GBA.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Eel

@Anti-Matter did you include any large pictures in that post?

If so that's probably it. Please don't put multiple pictures or large images in your posts.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I just only post 1 picture of my DDR 3rd Mix in Landscape size.
The post with my comparison between PS1 vs N64 has No picture at all.

But, there was another user posted 1 picture about N64 controller design and it didn't got deleted.

Anti-Matter

Eel

Well, landscape is not a size.

Sometimes you post pictures that are very big.

I'm not sure who deleted it or why, but that would be my guess.

Bloop.

Tyranexx

Most of my site issues are brief when they do happen. Typically they're bad gateway errors or the occasional odd post issue as well. The latter typically seem to be from connection or rendering issues with large comment sections.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

I just read a news story about a dude who apparently gathered 99 smartphones together in Berlin in a wagon and used them to trick Google maps into thinking there was a major traffic jam.

It was Yahoo News, so probably BS or heavily inaccurate, but honestly just the idea is hilarious to me. XD

Eel

Ironically, this Atari flashback thingy is the only novelty Pacman player I've bought so far that comes with the possibility of saving your highscore (via the built in saving function). Every other one I own loses the highscore when you turn it off.

Interestingly, saving is disabled in Frogger. Which is a shame, due to the highscore thing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

I'm curious with Wonderful 101.
Is that Pikmin style game ? 😕
What makes that game fun with just Pikmin style crowded citizens , locked camera angle and isometric places ?
Still don't understand the objectives and what factor made that game addictive.

Anti-Matter

Rally

It's been a year or eight since I've posted on a forum topic. What happened to the "always-in-beta" chatroom that used to be on the site?

Also, how've you guys been?

I miss having a chatroom that was always in beta.

Nintendo Network ID: --- | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic