Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,881 to 37,900 of 96,481

bimmy-lee

If we’re talking previous usernames, I’d like to go ahead and admit that one Saturday last fall, for about an hour, I posted here as limby-bee. It was me guys. It was me all along. @Morpheel helped me pull it off, I’d thank him, but he’s gone now. Sorry I trolled you guys.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
"When the HELL are you FINALLY going to understand that your personal taste in just about every aspect of life is VERY limited and in no way representative of ACTUAL facts and figures?"

What actual facts i should accept ??
I never understand your words. 🤨
I don't need to accept the actual facts because simply I DO NOT like most of them.
Should i have to agree the greatness of Dreamcast when i saw nothing interest from Dreamcast ??
Should i to accept your preferences to be called accepting the actual facts ??

"the 80's and the 90's obviously didn't have bad music only, but most of what you listed, if not all of it, is highly disposable, and definitely doesn't define the era it came from."

What are you talking about ??
Disposeable 80's & 90's music ?!
Seriously ?!
Those are my teenhood musics when i was High School student during 1999 until college age.
I really like those music even you said those are horrible and forgetable.
I don't care and who the heck care if those music already 20 years old on this year.
It's like insulting my choices. 🤨
What actual facts of music did you meant about ? Is that the horible musics such as Pitbull / Nicki Minaj / LMFAO / Dua Lipa / etc ??

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX I'll have to look into it then. The last thing I want to do is risk losing my job over this. I'm a foreigner, if I lose my job, I lose my residency.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NotTelevision

@bimmy-lee limmy-bee was a real jerk. But he did inspire that Beatles song, so he made a real impact in his short time with us.

NotTelevision

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx I can imagine, and of course, I wasn't suggesting you revert to your festive name, it's just that it kind of made me wonder what it was again, so mystery solved, I suppose...

@bimmy-lee AHA! I just KNEW it!!

@Anti-Matter Oh, man... you're never going to get it, are you? I'm not speaking in riddles, it's all plain and clear English that I'm speaking. I've already told you hundreds of times that it's perfectly fine that you have your own opinion, and that you should like what you like (so please stop asking me that same question over and over), but at the same time, that doesn't mean that you can disagree with facts.

You may not LIKE facts, but the thing about facts is that you CANNOT disagree with them, that is the very reason why they are facts. And my opinion isn't fact either, but what I mentioned earlier isn't my personal opinion, they are all known facts that can be looked up and verified, so I too can't disagree with them, regardless of if I like them or not.

EDIT:
Let me give you an example: let's say I don't like or even hate the color green. Should or could I then disagree with the fact that grass is green? No, because I can't, because it IS green, so I can't deny that, whether I like it or not...

And I don't mean similarly disposable current day music like you mentioned. Apparently, you either have no knowledge of or appreciation of real music. I'd hardly call Bulldog and Nicki Minaj real music, although I suppose they all have their audiences.

@Heavyarms55 I can understand that, so I'd suggest you'd only do what you feel comfortable with, I wouldn't want to be the cause of any problems for you. And who knows, maybe if it ends up biting them in the back end, they'll ultimately loosen up those stricter rules again.

EDIT:
You can safely click on that third link I posted, since that's just a page with information, that explains what a proxy server is, what it does, and what the pros and cons are, so you'll know what it's all about, and you won't be crossing any lines by looking at that one. And as an added bonus, it comes with a handy list of the best proxy servers available if you ultimately end up using it after all.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Heavyarms55

JRPG logic: Random old man quest giver: Thank you young man or woman, delivering milk and cleaning my backyard was so useful here, have this weird book from my collection.

Protagonist: reads book "Creation and Destruction, Alchemy's greatest weapon! Literal crafting recipie for the most powerful weapon I've seen in the game thus far, by a huge margin, with no drawbacks.

I love JRPGs! To be fair, it was the end of a long quest chain. But still, the idea that some random dude in tower just casually had blueprints for a weapon like this... It's like in real life if you helped your neighbor out for a few weeks and then he gave you detailed step by step instructions to build a death ray!

@ThanosReXXX Again, thanks for the info! Will look into it when I am more sober!

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

Heavyarms55 wrote:

But still, the idea that some random dude in tower just casually had blueprints for a weapon like this... It's like in real life if you helped your neighbor out for a few weeks and then he gave you detailed step by step instructions to build a death ray!

Well, that could have actually happened to someone in real life, especially if their neighbor was Nicola Tesla...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Vinny

They just released Curry flavored Cup Noodles in Brazil.
They're pretty good. I like spicy stuff.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Eel

@Heavyarms55 reminds me about Survival Horror logic, where even your neighborhood elementary school invested in cryptic puzzles, and random ammounts of ammunition can be found just about everywhere.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Not to mention finding pots with healing plant life in the most unlikely of places...

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Not unless they're mushrooms...

Tyranexx

Another video game trope I love: barging into people's unlocked houses and rummaging through their stuff for gold and other useful items. Nothing is (usually) said about it. Heck, it's even accepted in some cases!

I may or may not have played plenty of LoZ games and JRPGs.

@ThanosReXXX No prob lol. I tend to get too in-depth with my explanations sometimes.

@Heavyarms55 I love JRPG logic. Have you ever seen the Every JRPG Ever video by CollegeHumor? It's pretty spot-on!

Which game was this, by the way?

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@Eel I've been breaking a LOT of pots and barrels in DQ VIII. Nobody bats an eye when I smash or sort through literally half of their belongings just for some spare gold or healing items lol.

Funnily enough, the first inn in the game actively encouraged it on their premises and even had a book saying that any chest in the world of adventuring is up for grabs.

The other side of the coin is in some Zelda games like Skyward Sword where you have to break a chandelier to get at a heart piece...and then spend part of the game paying back Pumm through manual labor.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Eel

@Tyranexx not sure if this happens beyond the first big chapter of the game, but if you inspect the sultan's closet, his maid looks mildly mortified.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@Eel Sweet! Yet another reason for me to pick up DQ XI... eventually. I'm set on JRPGs for awhile.

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile, i have played FF XIII PS3 for 2 weeks since i got PS3 slim on 29 December 2019. Already reached Chapter 8 with Sazh and Vanille at Nautilus. So far, i could digest their dialogues on FF XIII rather on FF XII due to simpler English words chosen on FF XIII than on FF XII. I completely baffled with FF XII High Class English conversations, like their conversations was too pageant and too poetic.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Eel @Tyranexx Haha, yeah. Those are good examples as well. Because of all this talk about video game logic, I actually remembered this "GTA in real life" video by Dave Chappelle, that parodied one of the older games in the series:

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic