Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,261 to 37,280 of 96,323

bimmy-lee

@Anti-Matter - Nobody needs the Home Alone rush. You have to start 2021 early, and try to work steadily on it through the year. Ice skateboxing sounds incredible. It’s the best part of hockey without all the hassle of the game. Just two people fighting on ice while balancing on blades. Have you heard of chessboxing? It’s chess plus boxing.

@NotTelevision - No salt rubbed at all my friend. I hate the Saints, not Saints fans. I watched the first game back in the dome post Katrina (the Steve Gleason game) and cheered for NO like crazy. That’s the year Payton and Brees joined and everything turned around for the franchise after being really bad for decades. I’ve always been happy for the fans. Probably also helped out that 18 was your hometown kid with an unusually large noggin from a famous family.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

I generally use adblockers on most sites but I do not on NL because the admins here are decent enough to interact with the mob and talk to us - so I think they deserve the ad revenue.

That said, I find it silly that I regularly see ads for non-Nintendo games on this site.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

SheldonRandoms

Maybe those kinds of ads are hinting at a Switch port, because those games would be PERFECT for the Switch™

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

NintendoByNature

Oh man... just spent the better part of 2 hours wrapping gifts. My back is shot!

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

(Overheat)
I felt tired after spent 8 hours in front of my PC to give solid gradation on my Animal boxers. 😩
I haven't played anything yet even this week i have holiday.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee "Deer are huge and powerful"
Was it perhaps a JOHN Deere?

@Tyranexx Well, whatever you end up doing with the game, I'm pretty sure you'll like it, because it's a great game regardless. The Westernization of it is really the only niggle I have with it. I don't care much about the censored lady chests, but taking an axe to an integral story and replacing it with something completely Western and meainingless is another thing altogether...

@Zuljaras Ah, yes. The holidays will definitely add some extra time to any overseas delivery.

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, that's the downside of having ad trackers and such, depending on what sites you've visited, it can feature all kinds of games and things. Doesn't even have to be game-related, let alone Nintendo-related.

P.S.

Have you noticed that you seem to have a fan/stalker/groupie? There's this new person on here, by name of HeavyArmsSS. At first I thought it was you adopting a slightly different name for yourself, but then I saw you making comments with your regular avatar name in several article threads, so apparently it wasn't you. Unless you're pulling all of our legs, of course...

@NintendoByNature Well, I don't know in what position you were to end up with that result, but if you just sit at a table, then nothing bad will happen to your back while wrapping gifts.

Unless of course, the gifts were too big to put on a table...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras I just came across this video of yours, and thought I'd post it here to share with the group:

You really ARE very talented. Sculpting, making games, drawing, making stop motion videos... where will it end?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Yeah, I saw that. And only one reaction underneath the video. For shame, really.
But erm... are these other videos still around? I'd be interested to see more of them, also to see the skill improve, if it has.

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX For the stop motion animation sadly no. I wanted to get a camera that can focus both near-front and background to make some first person stop motion but never got to that part.

This is one of my old plasticine only figures from my World of Warcraft days. I remember I destroyed it after the photos So I decided to make stop-motion with it.

Now I am focused more on my game, drawing(primarily for the game) and polymer sculpting

But who knows

EDIT: And this is one of the old ones. And funny one too!

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Well, what with the holiday season and all, these sweaters will definitely be the right color, for the most part...

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Ha! That actually IS funny.
I'm always kind of wary when people themselves claim that they made or said something funny, since it's hardly an objective statement, for obvious reasons...

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Haha, “nothing runs like a Deere”. I think the deer around here drop their antlers late winter/early spring, so I’m pretty sure I saw a Jane Doe as opposed to a John Deere.

@NintendoByNature - We finished our wrapping last night. Feels good to be ready to go. We have to make deviled eggs and a couple appetizers for parties, but other than that; we’re ready.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX criss cross apple sauce hidden next to my bed from the kids 😂
@bimmy-lee feels good doesn't it? Yea we only got a couple minor things to get from the store and were set, thankfully.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

I'm as prepared as I'll ever be for Christmas at this point. All the gifts are wrapped and the monster brownies are here today for my coworkers to gorge on. ^_^ Also set some aside for the mail lady to find in my mailbox.

Now to get through my odd work week. I'm off Wednesday and Friday at least.

@ThanosReXXX Same here. If whining about censored outfits like some naysayers think was all that was changed, I'd agree with them. But messing with an integral part of the main story of a game is a big nope for me.

I'm typically fine with most localization changes as it's normally something that doesn't affect the main game itself, like outfit changes, age changes, removal of some odd mechanics with no bearing on the game as a whole (like the petting controversy in FE: Fates), etc. I get that gravure modeling isn't something that most of a Western audience could relate to, but why not either go to efforts to explain it to an audience not in the know during the main story or at least change it to something that would be the equivalent?

As it's only one piece of the game though, I doubt it'll affect my enjoyment of it much if at all.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

I get in to the office today to find out that my Windows account is locked again for some reason. And IT isn’t here to fix it. The self-reset feature they enabled doesn’t work, either. That was two hours ago. I’ve gotten bored of capturing Man O’Wars. Guess I’ll sort papers into...different piles.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

To all: give @Zuljaras' funny video in comment #37,772 a watch, it's well worth it.

@bimmy-lee Maybe it was Bambi's aunt/cousin/distant relative, or maybe you've got a bit of that Santa vibe going, which naturally attracts all kinds of animals...

@NintendoByNature Criss Cross Apple sauce? Is that suitable for kids, or is that spiked?

@Tyranexx I kind of assume that the audience that they originally cater too, Western crowd included, is already quite informed about topics like these. After all: jRPG's are already for a specific crowd, so they'd either already know or would look into things connected to/involved with this game or a series of games, to familiarize themselves with it, and get as immersed as they can. I don't think the average Joe would buy this or be interested in this, unless someone pointed out to them that it's actually quite a good game, regardless of the decidedly Japanese vibe.

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Criss Cross Applesauce is just applesauce that make ya wanna jump...jump.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx On a side note: I don't think Western culture would have anything similar to offer, culture wise. Over here, that's all deemed subject to misconduct with and/or concerning minors, making it even more sketchy than it already is, but over there, adoration of minors is fully accepted. The closest thing I could think of, would be the little miss beauty pageants, with little girls looking like tiny grown ups, due to all the make up they're wearing. Both gravure and those pageants kind of represent the whole "living doll" ideology, if there even is such a thing, but I gave it that name for now, for lack of a better description.

And although I agree with you that the game can still be enjoyed regardless, it moving on from a drastically changed chapter does affect it in some ways, because it feels disconnected. The Western version changed the whole gravure/idol thing into the "pressures" of being popular/the popularity contest, because "obviously", that's just as bad as idolizing little girls and equally taxing on the brain and/or life...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic