Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,241 to 37,260 of 96,538

Tyranexx

Lazy Saturday. Doing some cleaning and trying to get a few things off my plate before Christmas in a few days. The calm before the storm, so to speak.

@NintendoByNature I need to pick up Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. It's one of those things where I've likewise contemplated it more than once and on different platforms. Alas, I've never pulled the trigger. Same with Axiom Verge.

@bimmy-lee That's a pretty crazy run of bad luck. I'm sure insurance had a field day. Hopefully it's something your friend can laugh about now.

Hitting the fox occurred on Christmas night four years ago. I was heading home from a gathering and happened to bean a fox about halfway back. I only knew what it was by the color, it was that quick. I pulled off at my grandmother's place nearby and phoned my dad, and we checked out my car. No internal damage, but the front bumper and grille were pretty messed up. Insurance declared it an act of God, so thankfully I didn't have to pay anything for the repairs.

The only good thing that came out of it was that my dad got the fox's pelt out of the deal; he traps, and they were in season. It wasn't messed up too badly. I think he got maybe $50 for it. He still calls it my $750 fox. XD

@Zuljaras Man, that's pretty cool! Definitely a love letter to the genre. I'd love to create my own game from scratch, but I currently don't have the time, patience, or artistic ability. XD I'd be interested to see a later build when you're willing to share it.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

SilentHunter382

Steam and the Switch sale landing at the same time makes me question on what games I want and really want for either system. Both also end on the same day so can't really have a fall back plan if I forget to by some on one system.

Xbox/PSN/NID/Steam/Origin = SilentHunter382
3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394 | Nintendo Network ID: SilentHunter382 | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx I know how much you're into super metroid and all i hear is axiom is a love letter to that game. After 30 minutes of playing, I can definitely see why people say that. I have nothing but good things to say about treasure trove. You really should grab it. I dont think youll regret it in the slightest

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Funnily enough I was gonna try for the limited physical edition of Axiom Verge on Wii U a few months ago, but it sold out by the time I got around to trying to grab it. It's an indie game that I do hope to get to at some point, but the larger titles typically keep me too busy.

I've been waiting to get Treasure Trove on the Switch. I wish I'd grabbed it earlier on another platform so that I'd be more "caught up" on the main game and DLC.

There are plenty of indie games I want but haven't yet played. Mostly on the Switch. I need more time and less adulting lol.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yep, real talk for sure. I'm fighting amongst myself constantly on which game i should buy next or start next considering I'm developing a sizeable backlog.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

NintendoByNature wrote:

yep, real talk for sure. I'm fighting amongst myself constantly on which game i should buy next or start next considering I'm developing a sizeable backlog.

Same here. The good news is that there aren't any new games that I'm dying to have for at least the next three months, so that should give me a bit of time to catch up a little. I suppose it's a great problem to have in a sense, but I'd like my backlog to shrink down to five unplayed games or so. XD I try to keep my purchases to sales or discounts and do usually stick with my wishlist, but the problem is there are so many games I want.

Also, many of the decent JRPGs need to be shorter.

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile, i have to consider a lot of PS3 games to build my games library quickly since there are some rare / hard to find PS3 games due to its rarity.
I was too late to reconsider PS3 on year 2020. šŸ˜…

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx lol me too. I try not to have anymore than 5 or so games in my backlog. Regarding jrpgs, thankfully im not as big of a fan of the genre and I'm merely, just getting into it. I say thankfully, because I know they're typically 40+ hour experiences which im usually a 10-20 hour guy. That usually gives me time to consume more games in the year lol

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

Itā€™s a low key great holiday night tonight. Weā€™re going to wrap gifts with NFL muted in the background, Christmas music blasting, cold beer in the fridge, and a bottle of decent bourbon just in case with ice cold Coke on hand. The Christmas spirit is going to be beaming straight out of my eyes.

@Tyranexx - A fox would be tough. Theyā€™re one of the rarest, and most magical of the woodland creatures. At least your dad could do something with the fur. My dad trapped when I was young. It was how we got Christmas gift money for a few years. I was so glad when he stopped doing it. Drowning or blunt force trauma is how a fur trader wants to harvest fur, and I used to dread going along to check the traps.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I do try to narrow down the JRPGs that I pick up to the best of the best and have ruled out touching some popular franchises for X reason(s), but the fact remains that there are still some really good ones that I want or have picked up. I try to go for shorter (0-25 hrs in my book) or mid-range (25-50 hrs.) but do pick up the occasional long one as long as it's a very highly rated hit.

Ironically I wasn't that into them when I was younger as I hadn't had much exposure to them. I gradually got into them in my high school years. XD

@bimmy-lee It serves as an extra source of income and a hobby for my dad and brother during the winter months. Dad doesn't get up to too much when it's cold otherwise; he farms full-time, so this time of year is more relaxed for him. My bro just does it for a change of pace; he keeps busy enough as it is with his job + helping dad out.

I'm not a big fan of it either. Animal rights groups would take issue with the methods of how many of those animals exit this world. Plus, the smell of the fur shed.... šŸ¤¢

Edited on by Tyranexx

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea as i get older im willing to try more genres, turn based rpgs for one. So I can understand that.

NintendoByNature

NotTelevision

@bimmy-lee That sounds lovely. Nothing beats a bourbon on a cold night.

Iā€™ve just tuned back into the NFL after some pretty decisive wins for the Saints. Looking forward to the playoffs.

Some may call that ā€œfair weather fandomā€, but so be it.

NotTelevision

Anti-Matter

My dinner today with White Curry noodles. šŸ˜‹
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Sneak peek about animals in my Calendar 2020 projects : šŸ˜›

1. Ox
2. Tiger
3. Rabbit
4. Horse
5. Monkey
6. Dog
7. Bear
8. Lion
9. Skunk
10. Kangaroo
11. Deer
12. Wolf

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - Oof, the fur shed! Definitely a strange, memorable smell as well as a house of horrors. A fur shed room would make a great addition to your haunted attraction. Maybe theyā€™re skinning more than animals at this particular shed.

@NotTelevision - It was a nice night. We ended up getting into the bourbon, which was a predetermined outcome the moment I purchased the bottle. In my opinion, as long as youā€™re enjoying the games, your level of fandom is irrelevant. One of those decisive wins (on Monday) was against my Colts, which continued a long streak of us getting dominated by the Saints; going all the way back to the onside kick in the Super Bowl 10 years ago. This latest embarrassment not only eliminated out slim playoff hopes, but Brees also passed Manningā€™s career TD mark and set a single game completion percentage record. Triple daggers. My heart is a frozen ice cave of misery concerning the Saints team, but Iā€™m good with fans of all teams.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Same. Other than franchises I'm familiar with, I do occasionally experiment with different genres/game. They have to be pretty highly rated usually. I definitely do my homework lol.

@Anti-Matter That looks delicious! Even more so since I'm pretty hungry right now lol.

@bimmy-lee Hmm, not a bad idea! We had a chain room and a "sewing" room this past year. Combining the two would make an interesting experiment.

I typically stayed away from it. Hated the smell.

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
I guess my calendars 2020 will be finished after 1 January 2020 after i have observed some of my Animal boxers completion. šŸ˜©
Here i go again, late for three times (2017, 2019, 2020) šŸ˜–
I promise i will not late again for Calendars 2021.
My plans for 2021 will be Avian Kickboxers and Ice Skateboxers. I have to design them early January 2020 to avoid Home Alone Rush again.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

NotTelevision

@bimmy-lee Ohh boy. Sorry wasnā€™t trying to rub any salt on the wound. Not that kind of guy, especially with sports where I never been interested in ā€œoneupmanshipā€ or whatever you want to call it.

The great irony is that other than Brees, Peyton Manning is probably the most respected recent athlete in the New Orleans area. His father was obviously a celebrated quarterback for the Saints, and Peyton was always seen as a hometown hero to many. My Dad met Peyton and Eli several times because of their contributions to local businesses and charities. So the Colts were always NOLAā€™s ā€œback upā€ team, if the Saints lost in the playoffs. At least at that time when Manning was QB.

Of course, itā€™s easy for fans to be more supportive when that team didnā€™t beat you in the Super Bowl. šŸ˜…

I donā€™t actually know what happened to the Saints. Itā€™s perhaps over-compensation for all the years of sucking so bad.

So thatā€™s my screed on not hating on the Saints too much. I know you said you didnā€™t, but I thought Iā€™d put in a kind word from our sponsors anyway.

ā›„ļø

NotTelevision

Zuljaras

For anyone that did not know I want to give this Sandshrew made out of polymer clay as a gift!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I made it specifically for someone from NL.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic