Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,001 to 35,020 of 96,526

Joe-b

Funny how with all this gaming news Pikmin 4 is no where to be seen. Like it never existed.

Joe-b

NotTelevision

@bimmy-lee Yeah well there is always a cozy 80s slasher flick. I need to get on watching some I haven’t seen yet, since it’s that time of year.

@Joe-b Radio silence on that one. It was probably going to be a WiiU game, designed around the game pad but they had to make changes after the system’s demise.

NotTelevision

LuigibrineTheGreat

Fun Fact: recently, I was able to get my hands on a 1943 penny for the first time ever! The story is that because of WWII, they needed copper at that time for the war effort, so for that year only, they made the pennies out of a zinc-coated steel!

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Anti-Matter

Gaaah...!!!
I have fallen asleep again when i wanted to start my drawing project on my PC. 😣
But fortunately, i have drawn on Library's PC during my working time at school.
I will continue again tomorrow.
Might be i have felt so tired today.
How silly, i fallen asleep again......

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel That curry looked damn tasty. I can imagine that eating it wasn't too bad of an experience either...

Would have gone for the regular, pork version, though. I do eat vegetarian from time to time, but in this case, it would have to be the meat version for me.

@RedderRugfish Oh, definitely agreed. After having modded my Wii twice before quite a few years ago, once with the Twilight hack and once a more risky one that also involved the "Trucha bug Restorer", I ultimately decided to re-do it for one final time, to get the latest of the latest, so I opted for the "softmod any Wii v9" tutorial from GBATemp, which by default includes installing Priiloader.

However, I'd rather just install the right Wiiware and VC games right away, instead of installing incompatible ones, and having to use this admittedly quite handy anti-brick app to repair my Wii again.

@bimmy-lee Thanks. That's the way I often feel about it, anyway. I don't see the older, pixel-based games as real, and of course they never could have been, but I do often catch myself thinking about these games in a real-life setting, so I guess I sometimes view these 8 and 16 bit outings as avatars of the "real" characters and worlds. In some ways I'm glad video gaming is now coming to a point where they're catching up to my imagination, but in other ways, it's a definite loss, because their imagination is also quite often not exactly how I envisioned certain things, so that's still a very strong pro for older games and being able to use your own imagination to fill in the blanks.

NEStalgia wrote:

For some reason, after catching up with this thread, now seems like an excellent time to discuss trains...

Why? Because you lost "track" of what the other people are talking about?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Drops mic...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero I always use PostImage. Completely free and super-user friendly. Never had a single problem with it. Here you go:
https://postimages.org/
When your picture is uploaded, you'll get a list of links. Use the one that says "Direct Link" to post pictures here.

NEStalgia

So, I'd message Ant, but he won't get it again because of the same reasons as last time, but, @stableinvadeel if you're chatting with Ant at any point, may want to mention notifications are broken again.....

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

Speaking of ugly blue clothing items:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
@StableInvadeel Ah... so that was that shrieking echo I heard...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

Had a nightmare last night I was smoking cigars with Jeffrey Epstein at a party. I just remembered it. Creepy. Probably time to lay off the news a bit.

@ThanosReXXX - I think I just briefly entered a parallel dimension while thinking about eight and 16 bit sprites being game models of today’s hyper realistic game characters. Oh, and I would absolutely wear that knitted snowman suit anytime, anywhere. In fact, I want one badly. Anyone handy with that sort of thing?

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Ninfan

Joe-b wrote:

Funny how with all this gaming news Pikmin 4 is no where to be seen. Like it never existed.

@Joe-b what new pikmin game ? What way will it be different from other pikmin games? Is it for 3DS or switch . Is there an online nintendo magazine I can subscribe to ?

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Maybe @StableInvadeel, although I haven't seen him post anything about knitting in quite a while.
I do miss the continuation of the little animal puppets that he made, though...

EDIT:
Here's the page where I got the picture of that suit from, in case you feel like spending the money to buy it:
https://www.shinesty.com/products/light-blue-snowmen-blazer
And here's the entire collection of ugly Christmas suits & sweaters that they have:
https://www.shinesty.com/collections/ugly-christmas-sweater-s...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Nothing new. Pikmin 4 has already been in development ever since the third game was released for the Wii U. It's hidden away somewhere on a shelf in Nintendo's "almost finished but not (yet) released" archive, gathering dust until someone at Nintendo's HQ finally remembers that there's actually people out there, that want for Nintendo to release it already, like me and @Octane...

Eel

I haven't made any new plushies in a while, my small loom is currently occupied with a scarf that I may or may not finish this year.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Well, winter is coming, so I hope it isn't going to be too cold for you over there, otherwise you may wanna hurry up with finishing that scarf already...

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel So why make another one, then?
Where's mah friggin' plushies?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic