Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 34,981 to 35,000 of 96,507

Anti-Matter

Speaking about road accident, i have ever expereinced fallen from my mountain bike and both of my arms bleeding due landed on asphalt road when i tried to brake my bike suddenly after seeing red traffic light. It was 2 years ago if i remembered.

Anti-Matter

Eel

I don't drive. Don't even know how to ride a bike or use anything with wheels larger than a shopping cart.

No accidents for me šŸ˜€

Unfortunately my driving anti-skills also translate to vehicles in video games, for some weird cruel reason.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

I've found that driving in games, at least the ones I've played, is very different from real life. Otherwise I'd likely have some arrest warrants out and be on my sixth life....

@Link-Hero Regardless of what happened, I'm glad you're okay. Vehicles can be fixed and are replaceable. People are not.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

Whoa, insane day, but not as bad as @Link-Hero ā€˜s day. Glad youā€™re okay. Donā€™t hate yourself, accidents happen. You walked away, and have the opportunity to learn from what happened. I really appreciate everyoneā€™s feedback concerning my FF questions. Lots of good recommendations from everyone as well. Thanks again!

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

Car accidents are pretty terrifying sometimes. When I was a teenager I was merging onto a highway in Michigan at night, no streetlights and I didn't see the semi-truck(lorry) that was driving illegally without lights on the sides. The window on the side of my car exploded into my face and the next thing I knew I had managed to pull off the side of the highway. Somehow I wasn't injured.

Then the joke that are American police took over an hour to show up - had anyone actually been injured, they'd have likely bled out. Ultimately I was not ticketed because of the lack of streetlights and the truck not having lights on the side like it was meant to. But the cop made me drive the damaged car home, glass and metal shards falling off the whole way... I was too shocked and scared to argue.

After I got home I wouldn't get back behind the wheel of a car for a month! But it was not only America, but Michigan, you either drive or you can't go anywhere - there is no real public transport.

Anyway @Link-Hero I'm glad you're not hurt. Take care of yourself and go to the doctor if you even think you missed something! Cars can be replaced, you can't be.

@StableInvadeel That looks bloody delicious! You even have the tonkatsu! I love edamame with booze at the bar. I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to bar peanuts or pretzels.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@Link-Hero Glad to hear that you're mostly okay! Sounds like an awful time. Can they repair your car or will it be scrapped?

Heavyarms55

@Link-Hero Understandable, my first car was totaled because of its age too. The insurance company wasn't willing to repair it.

NotTelevision

So watched Midsommar and not sure how I feel yet. Just like Hereditary, there is a lot to take in here, even though the plot is pretty basic.

Iā€™m used to watching these sort of slow burn movies, so I didnā€™t feel bored. I think that also could be attributed to the setting and characters feeling very tangible and everything being well staged.

Recommended if you like horror films about the occult or disturbing emotional dramas. Make sure the kids are in bed though.

NotTelevision

Heavyarms55

@Link-Hero Depends on the vehicle. In my case it was possible to repair it, but the insurance company said it wasn't worth repairing because of the age and thus low value of the car repaired. But yes sometimes the parts just aren't there too.

HobbitGamer

Usually ten years plus airbag deployment means they total it out.
And since insurance companies have agreements with body shops, typically costs are higher than if you were to get repairs done yourself. It just depends on the insurance company, too. Mine once reimbursed me for sourcing the parts myself and doing the repairs/using a shop I preferred. But that was also on a car that was (at the time) 5 years old. I had to have both front and rear body clips replaced, hatch, radiator, hood, etc. 99 Eclipse GTS.

And the whole ā€œCash for Clunkersā€ legislation in the US a few years ago really screwed the ability to source parts for older cars. When a car was traded in under that program, it had to be scrapped and couldnā€™t be parted to a salvage yard. Engine blocks even had chemicals added that seized and fused the components.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

Three years ago, my wife rear ended another vehicle in our 00 Camry which was both leaking and burning oil and needed a catalytic converter. Nobody was injured. The airbags didnā€™t deploy, but the insurance company totaled it, and then gave me twice as much as I had paid for it three years prior.

A week before the accident, the same person who I had purchased a vehicle from in a prior private sale offered me his MDX. I called him up, did the deal, and we were suddenly driving the nicest vehicle weā€™ve ever owned (and needed as we just had our second kid), all without missing a beat. It was the most fortuitous vehicle situation Iā€™ve ever experienced.

In that regard, it supplanted finding a 64 Impala when I was 15 years old. It was originally from CA, and needed a lot of work, but the body was immaculate. That was my first car. It was just like Snoopā€™s except it didnā€™t have the drop top.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Anti-Matter

I'm bored now.
Feel tired after working time at school.
I think i will turn on my PS4 Slim and play The Sims 4.

Anti-Matter

NotTelevision

@bimmy-lee ā€œ20 inch rims on my Impalaā€.

Edit: Wait that wasnā€™t Snoop Do double g šŸ˜…

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

bimmy-lee

@NotTelevision - Ha, it was Lil Troy, but youā€™re excused since we havenā€™t really heard back from him since that banger. I saw your Midsommar post. Itā€™s at the top of my Netflix queue, but itā€™s a long wait. Iā€™m a touch nervous due to the length. Two hours is usually my cutoff, as a film starts to lose me at that point no matter how interesting it is. My wife and I take lots of breaks during a movie, and itā€™ll probably take us 3.5 hours to get through it. Iā€™m giving it a shot because Hereditary exists, but Iā€™m a bit nervous. I can do the slow burn as long as it eventually burns down. Will I be rewarded?

@ThanosReXXX - Youā€™re 8/16 bit analogy to books was really interesting. Itā€™s a reason why I initially feel empty watching a movie adaptation of a book Iā€™ve read. I usually have such a strong image in my head of the characters and scenery that I struggle to accept the filmmakerā€™s versions of characters and places. As Hollywood continues to struggle to make interesting movies in general, I remain baffled that they havenā€™t looked into Tom Robbins works for adaptation. Still Life With Woodpecker would make an amazing film in my opinion.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

NEStalgia

For some reason, after catching up with this thread, now seems like an excellent time to discuss trains...

NEStalgia

NotTelevision

@bimmy-lee Ohh yeah Lilā€™ Troy. Should have known it was southern rapper. Doesnā€™t have that west coast sound.

I guess if you enjoyed films like Hereditary and The VVitch you will find Midsommar worthwhile.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

bimmy-lee

@NotTelevision - Perfect, enjoyed both. My two hour line is in regard to horror movies only, but breaching that isnā€™t a deal breaker for me; I just have to be sure thereā€™s going to be a payoff. Otherwise Iā€™d just rather watch a Friday the 13th movie and enjoy some mindless carnage.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic