Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,841 to 32,860 of 45,667

ThanosReXXX

And now for something REALLY funny...

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you NLife's winner in the categories of "we didn't really think through how this would look on the actual web page" and "Nintendo Life's funniest article title cut-offs":
Untitled

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I have a bad habit of just skimming headlines. So you’re saying I can remove my drifting joy con? It hasn’t been very comfortable, and it also doesn’t seem to be helping my drift issue AT ALL.

@BougieBeetle - “Weak link” was an overly strong way to go about that, and not really what I meant. It’s just clear that SMB is a new experience for him, and it’s put you in the driver’s seat as far as delivering interesting information. I do enjoy that dynamic though. I was kind of under the assumption everyone has played SMB a few times. Even grandmas and babies. I agree though, Sonic would make a great series.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX It's the only proper way to use motion controls with South Park: The Fractured But Whole.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp I'm back. So Pro: North American Taiko Conference was phenomenal. And Kenny Endo signed my bachi!!!! I have like 30 pages of notes and diagrams. The concerts were awe inspiring.

Con: I spent way too much money. I may have an ear infection since my ear is still plugged from the flight.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

HobbitGamer

Ughhhh. Another healthcare provider tripped a Medicaid fraud alert for “allegedly” billing for an individual at the same time my agency has been providing services. So I’ve got to spend my day dealing with state OIG reports and gathering documentation.

Ballz.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

gcunit

Oh my ****.

I was supposed to be cooling off games spending for a bit since Mario Maker 2 dropped, but that DS voting article really set me off on a splurge.

I've just totted up my games spending for August so far...

...£336 of physical purchases! Plus probably another £10-20 of digital.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, you don't have to be so anal about it...

@NEStalgia A fitting purpose for HD Rumble, surely, and adding a completely new meaning to the word JoyCon.
Maybe a new idea for a triple X/adult version of 1-2 Switch...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit Wait, WHAT??? The only time I ever spend that much money on game related stuff all at once, is when I buy a console.

BougieBeetle

bimmy-lee wrote:

@BougieBeetle - “Weak link” was an overly strong way to go about that, and not really what I meant. It’s just clear that SMB is a new experience for him, and it’s put you in the driver’s seat as far as delivering interesting information. I do enjoy that dynamic though. I was kind of under the assumption everyone has played SMB a few times. Even grandmas and babies. I agree though, Sonic would make a great series.

I'm sure Aaron played it a little when he was a kid, but certainly not obsessively like me! I already knew a lot of the information going into it, but I did quite a bit of research. I read David Scheff's Game Over in particular, as well as lots of Super Mario Wiki entries for the lore, lol.

The dynamic is sort of like the partnership between the play-by-play guy and the color commentary guy in sports announcing. It's something I've noticed other successful pods doing and it's a formula that I think works well!

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

gcunit

“...I put my Walkman on, I said I might as well brick it!”

bimmy-lee

“First class, yo this is bad, drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass...”

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Nah, it doesn't run at a smooth sixty frames

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer If ever there was a game that could have made Labo VR a thing, that was the missed chance right there.....

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

"So I yelled to the cabby: yo homes, smell 'ya later!"

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Nah, that's just Japanese hentai weirdness. I meant a game in which you don't use the screen, other than as a tiny speaker/display to know when the off-screen game starts. And then just come up with adult versions of the various 1-2 Switch games on offer.

Waterproof silicone sleeves for the JoyCon controllers included in the package...

Eel

“She had style, she had flair, she was there!”

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

“His name is my name, too!”

#MudStrongs

gcunit

@bimmy-lee @ThanosReXXX Lol, I started an inadvertent singsong there - my post was meant to be in the comments section of the Will Smith article

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit "Listen up boy(s), don't mean to bust your bubble.... "

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic