Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,821 to 32,840 of 45,542

Ninfan

Anyone got family kart . Someone got around the track 3 times in 1 minute 10 seconds.. Best I could do is 1minute 34 seconds

Ninfan

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Oh, and don’t forget the old chestnut of opinions being factual and not subjective.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Ah, yes. Forgot about that classic trope. Added to the now corrected and completed list...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

I don’t know how to break this to you guys, so I’ll just be blunt; your opinions are wrong. Simple. It’s a known fact that Nintendo makes games that should appeal to everyone, and if even the tiniest facet of a game doesn’t appeal to you, well, you’re a fundamentally broken human and you can’t be helped.

@NintendoByNature - Running through the entire defense as Bo en route to a 95 yard touchdown is still one of my favorite thrills in gaming.

@BougieBeetle - Sorry to hear a life celebration was necessary, but I hope it was a fine celebration. Hey, I started listening to your pod a few weeks ago. I started at the beginning, and I’ve made my way through world one. It’s a good pod, and I think the construct is neat, an episode focused on each level of SMB. I’ll keep listening. Keep up the good work.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

bimmy-lee

Anyone else get a silly amount of satisfaction when someone is deep diving in ancient threads, gets caught up in the moment, and then replies to someone on a comment they made five plus years ago?

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee you know what's even better? Doing it yourself and commenting on an article from years ago where they're trying to predict things and now we obviously know it's not true and calling them out for pipe dreaming 😜

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

I can't believe I've never heard of Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective until NL did that aggregated poll. The premise looks very interesting, so I'm surprised it slid under my radar for this long. I'd like to play it now, but the Amazon price listings aren't exactly attractive....

@ThanosReXXX I was embellishing a bit when I made that comment (plus it was kinda late, so the wording was admittedly a bit weird), but I do really wish there was a way to pin individual comments or posts somewhere sometimes. Framing it in actual stone would be a little much, though.

I do see the necessity of formal dress sometimes, but I'm still not very comfortable in it. I don't even currently own a dress; with a couple of exceptions, it'll take a LOT (plus a bargain or monetary exchange) to get me to willingly wear one. 😜

I'm glad corsets are no longer a thing. I have no idea what the Victorian era was thinking with that one. I used to not understand the fainting lady trope when I was younger until I learned about how restrictive they were. Well, that and the layers of dresses/underdresses that they had to wear.

I know it's not all fun and games for guys either; some suits look pretty hot and stuffy, and ties look downright uncomfortable.

@RedderRugfish Agreed. I suppose in that way it's a blessing that I'm typically slightly behind most of the gaming community since I don't pick up most games at launch. XD I can't yet comment on Three Houses and how good or bad it might be, so I couldn't agree or disagree with that post.

I'm curious about how I'll react to Breath of the Wild when I do play it. I've kept myself as spoiler-free as possible, but I wonder what shrines vs. full dungeons will do for me since the dungeons are one of my favorite things about Zelda games.

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Yo-kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Eel

@Tyranexx It's an amazing game

There's a mobile version you can start for free, if you're interested in playing the beginning of it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Haha, no way! That’s incredible. I missed that one. People gotta people I guess.

@Tyranexx - Whenever someone says there are no dungeons in BOTW, they’re forgetting the fact that the entire map, all of Hyrule, is the biggest LOZ dungeon to date. There are many, many sub dungeons (not just shrines) within the giant dungeon of Hyrule.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

@StableInvadeel Thanks! I checked, but it seems to be iOS-only.

It's selling at above MSRP on Amazon, but not quite at a price that would scare me away....But I'm also on a game buying ban for a little while.... 🤔😬

@bimmy-lee I'll keep that point in mind. I haven't written off the game by any means; heck, I've had to restrict myself from picking up the Wii U version since it's almost half off at Walmart right now.

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Yo-kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Eel

Oh that's odd. Guess capcom likes apple?

Well, maybe if someone you know has an ipad or iphone, you could try it out.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BougieBeetle

bimmy-lee wrote:

@BougieBeetle - Sorry to hear a life celebration was necessary, but I hope it was a fine celebration. Hey, I started listening to your pod a few weeks ago. I started at the beginning, and I’ve made my way through world one. It’s a good pod, and I think the construct is neat, an episode focused on each level of SMB. I’ll keep listening. Keep up the good work.

Thanks man, we lost my grandpa at the age of 88, but he had a long, happy life and did everything he wanted to do. It was a good celebration. I got to speak a bit, along with a lot of other family members, and I think we did a fitting tribute to a really cool guy.

And thanks for checking out the podcast! We're almost to the end of Super Mario Brothers and starting to think about which game to do next. Any suggestions?? Our friends have mentioned Donkey Kong Country as one they'd like to see. It'd fit pretty well with the sequential stage format, too. Also considering Sonic the Hedgehog.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

MsJubilee

RedderRugfish wrote:

bimmy-lee wrote:

Anyone else get a silly amount of satisfaction when someone is deep diving in ancient threads, gets caught up in the moment, and then replies to someone on a comment they made five plus years ago?

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/star_fox_wii_rumoured...
Resisting the urge to go into this thread and say "Ha! You fools! There is no Star Fox game on Wii!"

Wow, so those rumors of Retro doing a Star Fox title goes way back to even the Wii era, crazy.

I don't enjoy suffering alone. However, I don't mind making others suffer alone.

I'm reading Nijigahara Holograph, Hellboy, and A Girl on the Shore.

Thoroughly enjoying Far Cry Primal. Punishing myself with Days Gone

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

bimmy-lee

@RedderRugfish - You should tag everyone in all three pages and let them know how stuuuuupid they are. The last comment is the best. I agree with @MsJubilee , it’s weird how long rumors can persist.

@BougieBeetle - My maternal grandpa died at the same age under the same circumstances earlier this year. Bittersweet I tell ya. They’re a nearly extinct breed. No man a generation or more younger will ever be a man like those men. Cheers.

Your co host has been the weak link so far in our travels through SMB as he’s a self professed Sega guy. If he has the goods, I suppose he needs a moment to shine in a Sonic game of his choosing, but preferably the original for the general continuity of the pod. If not, SMB2 is the natural next step, and that game is chock full of interesting tidbits and lore for a pod series. Personally, it’s my favorite 2D SMB game.

I guess it depends on whether you want to be Nintendo centric or open it up to an exploration of all games.

limby-bee was a jerk.

BougieBeetle

bimmy-lee wrote:

@BougieBeetle - My maternal grandpa died at the same age under the same circumstances earlier this year. Bittersweet I tell ya. They’re a nearly extinct breed. No man a generation or more younger will ever be a man like those men. Cheers.

Your co host has been the weak link so far in our travels through SMB as he’s a self professed Sega guy. If he has the goods, I suppose he needs a moment to shine in a Sonic game of his choosing, but preferably the original for the general continuity of the pod. If not, SMB2 is the natural next step, and that game is chock full of interesting tidbits and lore for a pod series. Personally, it’s my favorite 2D SMB game.

I guess it depends on whether you want to be Nintendo centric or open it up to an exploration of all games.

Seriously, the stuff those guys lived through is incredible. We won't see their like again.

My co-host Aaron definitely didn't have as much experience with the Mario franchise, but I have fun telling him all the history and lore stories! He edits all the episodes, so his role behind the scenes is pretty critical. SMB2 is definitely coming at some point, but we want to take a break from Mario first. Non-Nintendo franchises are definitely possible. We've talked about Mega Man, Castlevania, Star Fox, and DOOM as other potential candidates. Personally I'd like to do Sonic 1, but we'll probably leave it up to a vote.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

ThanosReXXX

RedderRugfish wrote:

@HobbitGamer That's true, but I feel like that one can also sometimes go too far. I've seen many discussions get cut short because someone says "How about we just accept that everyone has different taste and opinions?". If I wanted to sit here and not discuss my opinion, then I'd just not post. As long as things don't get toxic, I enjoy talking about why I hold certain opinions and occasionally challenging people on theirs.

@RedderRugfish Well, I get what you're saying there, but to be perfectly honest, sometimes agreeing to disagree, or indeed accepting that people have different opinions than yours, is better than having a useless discussion between two people trying to force their opinion on each other...

@Tyranexx Of course I didn't mean literally set in stone, but virtually, seeing as I mentioned it being on a website. As some kind of permanent header/banner or something. That would be too much, in my opinion.

As for the fancy dress thing: so, you rent clothes then, seeing as you don't own any fancy dresses?

Back in my office days, they always had this "funny" explanation for the necktie men needed to wear at work, and/or official occasions:
"Men have a brain and a p...., but only enough blood to use either one or the other, so the necktie is necessary to prevent the blood from leaving the brain".

It more or less references men's inability to multi-task.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

Have you ever heard singing toothbrushes ?

They were singing Wannabe by Spice Girls

My Top 10 villagers on ACNH:
1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter If the title of a song is already clearly visible in the video's picture, then it's pretty useless and/or dumb to add a spoiler tag mentioning what the name of the song is.

Lesson #1.5794 in "think before you post"...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic