Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 5,541 to 5,560 of 6,554

jump

@Kisrah on the plus side you can discover all of the moments that Stat Wars fans don’t like to talk about like how…

when you meet Luke he’s a stroppy brat complaining how he is not allowed to become a Stormtrooper.

Or how Luke and Leia are brother and sisters yet make out with each other.

Or how that the Sith were right to kill all the Jedis as they were hypocrites talking about balance when the Sith made it so there were two Jedis and two Siths now.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Kisrah

@jump Haha unfortunately those are some things I was already aware of. 😂 It’s hard to go this long without watching a much loved movie series and not pick up on some things. 😅

Forever juggling half a dozen games across four different platforms. Sometimes I actually finish one.

RR529

Ordered 300 & Akira on 4K UHD BD.

Also, spending much more than is wise, ordered a copy of Expelled From Paradise on standard BD.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jump

I’ve just seen they have turned Jarhead into an action movie franchise with a load of sequels about exploding things and guns. But the entire point of the first film was him not fighting though.

@RR529 I get the importance of Akira as it was the film that basically got anime onto the path of being mainstream in the West but I could never get into it despite people raving about it. Maybe I was too young at the time as there was (I vaguely remember) a lot of stuff about nuclear weapons and capitalism which might of went over my head and in terms of animation I had already seen the likes of Perfect Blue, Ghost In The Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Spirited Away etc which wowed me in therms of pretty looking animation. Maybe I need to give it another watch.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Rambler

@jump
That sounds a bit like Rambo.

But then again Rimbaud became a gun runner, so...

Rambler

jump

@Rambler Well spoilers Jarhead is directed by Sam Mendes and based on a "true" story about a guy who is trained to fight in a war, wants to fight in a war and sent to fight in a war but gets there just to be bored and goes a bit crazy because he doesn't see any action. It's like a highly trained chef not cooking but watching other people cook so they get stroppy about it.

Rambo was just bullied because they thought he was homeless so he hits back. If they didn't want none then they should have brought none!

Nicolai wrote:

Rambler

jump wrote:

. It's like a highly trained chef not cooking but watching other people cook so they get stroppy about it.

That's under siege, isnt it?

Rambler

jump

@Rambler I dunno, I have never seen Under Siege and (apart from Machete) any Steven Seagal films as they all seem terrible. I might watch Marked For Death and hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised and if not I can be smug about how right I am that he's rubbish.

Nicolai wrote:

Kermit1doesmath

@Eagly Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: 9/10
Hands down the best movie this year (for me, so far). NO ONE DIED (besides Rocket's friends)!!!

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

XandertheWise

watching the director's cut version of Ridley Scott's Legend for DVD right now. I still think the movie is a great fantasy movie with an amazing cast especially from Tim Curry the most

XandertheWise

jump

@Link-Hero I may just give the manga and film a miss then. The world it created from what I can remember didn't overly impress me.

Nicolai wrote:

HotGoomba

It's been a while.

I loved Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. Like really loved it. It had a good mix of humor and tragedy.

Now is it better than the first one? Honestly, I have no idea.

Um...I'd give it a 10/10, sorry guys.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Kermit1doesmath

@Eagly Cosmo is best dog.
Kang will no matter what never be as scary as this guy.
and everything you just said lol, I mean what a packed film that doesn't really overstay the welcome. Also, Creep was in a Marvel movie, and for some weird reason that makes me happy, I don't even really like the song that much lol.

HotGoomba

GOTG3 made me realize I should have watched the holiday special.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Kermit1doesmath

@Eagly
That actor would slay as Kang, way better than that other dude imo.
Ya, and having Come And Get Your Love as the "last" song was a perfect way to end things.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic