Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 3,148

Ralizah

@Balta666 The Dark Fact boss fight is infuriating.

Interesting how the final boss in Ys II is so easy, comparatively.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

nerdface

@Balta666 Yeah sorry, I'm on an iphone5 trying to type lol. Not very good at explaining.

So at the bottom of the mirror there are a couple abilities, and you have to choose between changing the next room's rewards, or flip the mirror ability and you can reroll the 3 boons inside.

I prefer the latter. Combined with my favorite God trinket, I can usually start room 1 with my favorite boon. You can also change trinkets between worlds remember.

Once you learn to get the boons you want, you can start getting legendary and duo boons that you want too. Look in the codex under your fav god, and scroll down to the boons you want, and the prerequisite boons are on the right. Get those first.

There is also a mirror buff that increases these legendary and duo chances as well. If you can find a few that work together well, this is a blast. I'll let you do the experimenting.

The hammer abilities can match well here too. Basically the game is just giving you fun toys to keep you interested while you learn not to need them.

Also don't forget you can abuse death defiance while you learn. Use the one that gives you three lives. You can buy extra lives for 200g, athena has a boon that restores an extra life, chaos extra life can go above three, in world three achilles' boy can give you all three back, and lucky tooth will give you a life with 100% health. I usually don't equip that unless I need it at worl 4.

Great game!

Edited on by nerdface

nerdface

nerdface

@Balta666 The infinite extra life was an awesome way to get me to Hades the first time, then I was like 'Im gonna need more lives to kill this guy', and went back to three lives...now it doesn't usually matter, but three lives is better imo

not to spoiler, they're listed in your reports already, but companions are a little more help too, but you'll probably be working on higher heats by the time you do that much story

Edited on by nerdface

nerdface

MsJubilee

Finished Control. Have to cut to the chase. This game is weird; everyone is weird. Jesse, my beautiful redhead, is a weirdo. Yet, it captured my heart. That weirdness goes perfectly with the game's writing and world-building. I don't want to spoil anything; you need to go in this blindly to appreciate Control.

Control is a technical mess on the PS4. Sometimes it runs somewhat stable 30FPS, and other times it runs at 20FPS. For a game like this to run that poorly is unacceptable. But I managed. Here's an example of these technical hics. Just pausing the game to look at the options stops the game for 4 seconds. After that, you're good to go. I read the next-gen consoles runs this game just fine, so get it on those or a PC if you're able.

The gameplay is superb. Not your typical third-person shooter(I really wish it was in First-person). You can't pick enemies off while hiding behind cover, waiting for your health to regenerate. You have to keep moving, which is great. Using all your abilities and different gun variations make fights a blast. Would recommend to mix it up, don't use launch for every fight; fights get stale if you only use that one ability.

Brilliant game, Remedy's best work to date. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to try out a unique experience like this if you're using the hardware to run this game. Control is one of a kind. Kudos to Remedy for terrifying me with a plastic duck.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

BruceCM

It definitely plays better than that on a decent PC, @MsJubilee ... I don't think anyone could dispute that it is a rather weird game but it's definitely great!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MsJubilee

BruceCM wrote:

but it's definitely great!

It sure is. One of a kind.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

crimsontadpoles

Bayonetta 1. I had previously played it years ago, but had since completely forgotten what happened. In order to refresh my memory before playing Bayonetta 2 for the first time, I've just finished replaying Bayo 1.

Bayo 1 was a lot better than I remembered. It's got the style, and a lot of intense and fun fights.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Ralizah

Within the last week, I've 100%ed DOOM 2016's campaign (AMAZING game) and beaten Puzzle Agent and Wizorb (good ending). All on PC.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magician

Chronos: Before the Ashes. A third person soulsborne with some puzzle elements. I played through it over this past weekend. It took less than five hours to play through. Had a blast.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

BenAV

Spent the past week playing through CrossCode and despite the performance issues on the Switch, I had a really great time with it. I especially enjoyed the puzzles.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Tyranexx

I just reached the end credits of Pushmo this morning, Pullblox for you PAL folks. A lovely little puzzle game whose cute exterior hides some creative yet at times difficult puzzles. The game is excellent at explaining its mechanics and all the tools and other little quirks on your way to becoming a puzzle master. There's definitely a difficulty curve, but it's gradual and fair for the most part. You don't even need to finish a puzzle to move on; after a certain amount of time has passed (signified by a ringing noise), you can skip the current puzzle and finish it later. The game could benefit from a hint system, but there are plenty of guides out there should one get stuck.

Outside of the story mode and the bonus puzzles that unlock after completing all 198 story mode puzzles, there's a tutorial area you can revisit anytime you need a refresher on all the mechanics on offer. There's also an area, Pushmo Studio, where the player can craft their own puzzles, complete them (this has to be done before you share them, to ensure they can be solved), and share their creations via QR code.

This is a nice, creative, original puzzle game from Intelligent Systems (Yes, that company who churns out Fire Emblem titles) and is highly recommended for those who like solving and/or creating their own puzzles. Definitely a good one to play when winding down for bed.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Solaine

Finished up the Coma:Recut as well as Cosmic Star Heroine, i also finally beat that final boss in Enter the gungeon yesterday evening which was a bit of a surprise tbh.
The Coma:Recut was a really solid horror game with a great creepy atmosphere. I guess the stealth was a bit lacking but it never got frustrating so its really fine, also i guess i expected a bit more from the story but its still fun to just piece all these memos together, still am happy i got in on sale.

Cosmic Star Heroine is a really sweet and solid RPG with awesome and fun mechanics in chrono trigger graphic style. Its not really a story game since its main focus is comedy and the characters are easily forgettable but it doesn't really get boring either so i had great fun with it and can only recommend it, especially since it is cheap as heck.

Pretty sure everybody knows enter the gungeon anyways, roguelike with good mechanics and lots to do. Multiplayer is even more fun!

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Losermagnet

I finished Hollow Knight last night. Not 100%, but I felt like I needed to have closure with it before the holiday. My relationship with it is strange. I didn't like it at all for quite awhile. I don't know if there was a moment that it "clicked", or if it won me over with it's artistic design and attention to detail, but it's one of my favorites now. I didn't look anything up while playing, just forged ahead blindly and it was wonderful. There are still some odds and ends I'll come back and complete, and there are still mysteries to be solved, so it's only a matter of time before I pick it up again but for now it's done.

Now that I've finished that depressing and punishing game, I can finally get back to Darkest Dungeon. I've got a pretty good feeling about it.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

NintendoByNature

@Losermagnet nice. Glad you finished it. Something I never had the patience for lol. One of these days I'll definitely go back. But, even though I have a love/hate for the game I'm still all in on silksong

NintendoByNature

Losermagnet

@NintendoByNature thanks. I'm not sure if I've ever had a game that I was so ambivilant about at first become a favorite. I think it started to pickup once my moveset increased, then the world became easier to explore. Frankly though, the ending was underwhelming. So much so that I'm pretty sure I'm missing something. I watched the trailer for Silksong for the first time today actually, and I'm excited for it. The combat looks more fluid and the areas look more populated.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic