Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 2,633

Nidorom

Am I being silly (that's highly likely) or is there an option to bookmark articles you want to read at a later date?
For example, I want to read this: https://www.nintendolife.com/features/soapbox-torna-the-golde...
But I haven't played either game yet and I obviously don't want to be spoiled!
Also seems a shame for writers to work hard on a piece like a soapbox, only for it to be buried pretty quickly with other news.

Nidorom

Twitter:

Nidorom

@antdickens Oh that's fantastic, I shall look forward to it soon then!
Yeah that will do for now. I read articles like I would books on a Kindle, so looking forward to them being in one place eventually. Thanks for the reply!

Nidorom

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Anyone else noticing a green banner on the site saying "got from session"?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kisrah

@antdickens Thanks so much for this. It makes reading through the forums and comments a lot more comfortable while still allowing people who enjoy seeing the animated avatars to keep them.

Forever juggling half a dozen games across four different platforms. Sometimes I actually finish one.

Anti-Matter

I really need a filter on this website which I can remove certain articles by click the button on it and those articles will never appear since there are some articles that really offending / attacking me even by the name or 1 screenshot, it will trigger my anger for certain points.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Dogorilla

@antdickens I think it is a good idea to have a way to blacklist article subjects. Especially for avoiding spoilers - I know the site generally doesn't have major spoilers in titles but when there's a new Pokemon game for example, I prefer as many of the new Pokemon as possible to be a surprise when I play it, so I would filter out Pokemon articles until I finish the game if it were an option.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Rambler

Disabling animated avatars sounds brill. I can't find the option to do it. Has it been implemented yet?

Rambler

Grumblevolcano

@Rambler Click on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen and then select "Your Account". Go to "Profile/Settings" and then "Preferences". You'll then see an option to disable animated avatars.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Rambler once you click account settings, then profile settings look at the red thingy directly under the words "account settings". I would post a picture of it but I'm lazy.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

mjharper

This may not be physically doable, and it may have already been suggested before, so if it's already been addressed I'm sorry - I appreciate the screenshots of the games in Nintendo Life's reviews, but have you ever considered adding a gameplay video or two to the game review articles? They wouldn't need commentary or production, just a simple 30-second clip showing the game in motion (similar to saving a video of gameplay on the Switch itself) that adds more information and dimension to the review. Thanks.

mjharper

Switch Friend Code: SW-1710-0829-4896

Grumblevolcano

Links to twitter don't show the tweets on this site anymore. Like I posted in the MK8 Deluxe thread that Wii Daisy Circuit was confirmed for Tour but the tweet showing the Daisy Circuit image doesn't appear (it's just a link instead).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic