Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 2,241 to 2,258 of 2,258

Anti-Matter

My account was oftenly logged out by itself if there was no internet connection at the moment. 😕
Maybe some fixes to get rid the bugs.

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Grumblevolcano

The malicious ads problem is still present, just got redirected to a site trying to add AdBlock Pro.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@antdickens The ad redirects I've found are (put it in spoiler tags):

yourvenadvllc (dot) com
adblock-pro-download (dot) com

First one comes up with a robot which asks you to allow the site you use your location.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FishyS

Possibly a bug? The Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? articles have had polls recently but at least for me after I answered the poll on one week I never could again for future weeks. If it is supposed to be a new independent poll every week (which would make sense), it seems to be failing for at least some people. I've never seen issues with polls in any other articles.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

TeaCatherine

FishyS wrote:

Possibly a bug? The Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? articles have had polls recently but at least for me after I answered the poll on one week I never could again for future weeks. If it is supposed to be a new independent poll every week (which would make sense), it seems to be failing for at least some people. I've never seen issues with polls in any other articles.

@antdickens Yeah, the poll doesn't seem to have worked since the first week I did it as well.

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice, River City Girls
Currently looking to branch out into other games that aren't Jrpgs/Visual novels.
Likely to drone on, sorry, y'all.

TeaCatherine

The WAYPTW poll didn't load again this week. (Just thought I'd mention it.)

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice, River City Girls
Currently looking to branch out into other games that aren't Jrpgs/Visual novels.

TeaCatherine

@antdickens Thanks.

FishyS

Random suggestion: I know the site won't have DMs, but it would still be nice if we could 'favorite' other users. Reading comments, some people have opinions which just sync well with my game styles, so I generally would trust these people's comments more in the future and it would be handy to have a list. Obviously not an important feature, but I think about it every time there is an actual constructive back-and-forth in the comments. Kind of the opposite of ban/mute.

In other news, thanks to antdickens for getting the polls fixed on the weekend play articles; I like that they have 3 options now also.

FishyS

antdickens

@FishyS this is actually something I've considered before... you could have a "following" list and then filter comments based on those people, it's certainly something I'll consider when we get around to redeveloping the comment system thanks for the suggestion!

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Dogorilla

Is there any chance of another eShop code discount for last-minute 3DS/Wii U purchases?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Wisps

If possible, I think a poll in every game review could be useful to have. I have seen this site doing this for some games but it would be nice to have it a constant feature. For remaster/ports, you could allow this function inmediately (since old players have played the original version) and for new releases it could wait a week or two.

This is mostly to get a user review since in many times people (including myself) get heated in the comments of a game review because of the score.

Edited on by Wisps

Wisps

FishyS

@Wisps By poll do you just mean link to the normal NintendoLife user-rating system for all games which is available as soon as a game comes out? I know some articles such as 'best Mario game' links to the rating system just to remind/encourage users to actually rate games. I really like the user-rating system but I do wish more people would use it; I try to when I finish a game personally. The one issue with reminding people to rate in reviews is they are often very early so most readers won't have played the games yet; maybe just a more common reminder to input user review scores would be useful? Iv'e often wondered what a good way to get more data on the user-ratings would be without them becoming less accurate by people putting in numbers for games they didn't play. At the moment I much more trust user review scores on this site than, say, Steam. But a lot of games don't have the minimum 3 reviews to even by visible.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Wisps

@FishyS I guess that would work too. But I think a more direct approach. An open question like what score would you put to this game? Followed up by scores. They did this with Sonic Frontiers for example but in a separate article and this was because that game had a vastly different user versus reviewer opinion. I just think that doing this for every game would help the review in general by having both reviewer and user score in the same place. (Thus avoiding heated discussion in the comments).

Wisps

FishyS

@Wisps For Sonic Frontiers, I believe the poll was just a different interface for the normal user-rating system. It was fun to see the whole distribution of scores rather than just the average score though; it was a relatively standard distribution centered near 7, but with 5% trolls rating it 1/10 😛 It would be interesting if we could always see that data.

I think it worked well for Sonic because the poll was some days after the review in a separate article, so people had had time to actually play the game. I'm not sure if it could have stopped arguments in the review comments itself.

Most reviewed games tend to have much less controversial discussion under the reviews. And of course most games don't even get a review. Hard to think what would make sense for all situations, but I agree having the poll probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

antdickens

@FishyS @Wisps yeah... so we recently introduced that poll feature, but it is just a different interface to the game rating system — you can rate any game at any time (out of 10), assuming it has been released. These ratings then form the basis of our ranked game lists too; it's all the same system. Hope that makes sense!

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic