Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 2,597

Snatcher

@antdickens No, thank you!

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

dionysos283

Since iOS 16.4 added support for web push notifications, it would be cool if NL would implement the feature!

dionysos283

Vivianeat

Having a set of Nintendo profile pics to choose from. The default gray smiley face is getting creepy.

Gordon Ramsay has a Nintendo Switch.

Eel

Vivianeat wrote:

Having a set of Nintendo profile pics to choose from. The default gray smiley face is getting creepy.

Ooh maybe there could be a few icons inspired by the nintendo system colors, like 3DS orange, Switch red, Wii white, WiiU blue, GameCube Purple, etc

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

antdickens

Vivianeat wrote:

I see where you are coming from with this, however, I've always felt if we provided some default avatars that lots of people were using it could get confusing seeing the same avatars against different usernames. We've kept the default one very generic to encourage people to add their own.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Dogorilla

Is there a way to turn off email notifications for watched threads? I check the site every day so I don't need emails, I'd rather just have the notification on the site.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Namco

@antdickens This has probably been requested before, but the forums could use an option to preview posts and maybe rescale images. Not sure why the options are so limited when it comes to formatting posts, I don't see forums with more options having negative results like threads cluttered with images. Take Gamepress reply system for example:

Untitled

You can easily quote parts of a post, upload images from your device, host a poll etc. There's lot of quality of life improvements you could implement. When you type @ the reply box suggests usernames, hiding a part of your post is easier, that kind of stuff. I guess I find the current system a bit too simple.

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

antdickens

@Dogorilla you're not the first person to ask for this... but currently we haven't added a way to disable the emails specifically. It is on the roadmap though so will add in that option down the line.

@SothisPocus yes, we will be adding some new formatting options when we redevelop the comments/forums system. Simple is good for many reasons, but I totally agree adding some new features around this will be essential as part of the next upgrade.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Namco

@antdickens Yeah, I get simple has its benefits too. Looking forward to those added features when that update arrives! Thanks for the reply

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Rambler

What's the site policy for harassment? I believe that a user is being impersonated on here?
I guess that the harasser could be blocked at IP level?

Rambler

Rambler

@Colonel_Mustache
Very good point! Looks like there are ways to detect a VPN is being used, but it seems like that is for sites with millions of users

Rambler

MarioBrickLayer

Should a section be added to the forum for Nintendo movies and TV shows? There is lots of speculation about what is coming next etc and there's nowhere suitable to post threads.

MarioBrickLayer

WoomyNNYes

@antdickens Praise and a thank you. While watching the Indie Direct hosted on here on NL, when I selected Full Screen on the video, the video gets bigger AND keeps the live chat on the right side of the screen.🌈👌 If you or someone made that fix, thank you!

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic