Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 2,597

Snatcher

@Grumblevolcano I know this has nothing to do with the thread but I can’t be the only one annoyed thst they made an app with all this content when there’s a game right there! We got the pass and I’m great full but it just sucks to see the app get all this good stuff when Mario kart 8 is perfect, maybe because it’s lower budget and easier to do? Idk.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

antdickens

mjharper wrote:

This may not be physically doable, and it may have already been suggested before, so if it's already been addressed I'm sorry - I appreciate the screenshots of the games in Nintendo Life's reviews, but have you ever considered adding a gameplay video or two to the game review articles? They wouldn't need commentary or production, just a simple 30-second clip showing the game in motion (similar to saving a video of gameplay on the Switch itself) that adds more information and dimension to the review. Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion — we'll certainly consider this for the future if we get capacity to do it. We are looking at different ways to include different types of video at the moment.

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Links to twitter don't show the tweets on this site anymore.

This was a temporary issue on Twitter's end that is now resolved.

Professor_Plumber wrote:

Hi @AntDickens, for some reason I'm not getting mentions when people are mentioning me, I was just curious if the website is having some issues right now?

Do you have any specific examples of when this has/hasn't happened and I can look into it — no known issues at the moment.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

ChibiNinja

Any option to move the right-hand sidebar to the left, or something like that? I don't like the way basically every page shoves the main content to the left with a big empty spot once you scroll just a little, or a large 'table of contents' style listing that scrolls with you, so an alternative would be nice.

ChibiNinja

Anti-Matter

@antdickens
Dear Mr Anthony.

Could you give an option from created thread to block the blocked users to post their comments on created threads ?
Because I found some users including the blocked users keep trying to trolling around and derailing my created threads when I created my new threads to get some nice discussion but those pesky users intentionally want to derail my thread with off topics comments or inappropriate comments then followed by other users keep derailing even more.
With this option, the blocked users will unable to post their comments on my created threads so they will not messing up my threads with their inappropriate comments.

I'm really sorry to ask this after three times I deleted my created thread Life Sim & Sandbox Games Thread because I found some blocked users intentionally want to derail my thread in order to make my thread get locked by moderator. They are really jerk peoples.

Please consider that option as I also saw other user's thread got derailed by pesky users with off topics and inappropriate comments and got locked by moderator after that.
I don't want my threads with nice intention to get nice discussion get detained by those pesky users.
Thank you.

Anti-Matter

Tasuki

@Anti-matter Not all Sandbox games are cutesy type games. Games like Fallout 4, Grand Theft Auto etc are considered Sandbox games and are perfectly fine to discuss in a public thread you created. If you want a private thread all to yourself where you can govern who posts in it and who doesn't. Maybe create a blog or something.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

kyleforrester87

That'll be me "trolling" Anti-matter unfortunately!

For clarity, my post was:

"I have no issue with “kids games”, the issue is that generally games targeted at that audience are, to be blunt, a bit sh*t, from the perspective of an adult with the majority of his/her faculties intact."

I think if you thought I was trolling you, you'd have been best off reporting me, and I'd have accepted having my post deleted quite happily if admins were in agreement with you.

It's a public forum, most of us seem over 18 and I am certain I didn't break the rules, but I am happy to be corrected.

Cheers!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki It takes all sorts, I suppose. I feel like he'd do well to be less insular but what can you do.

kyleforrester87

antdickens

@Anti-Matter unfortunately we’re not going to add that as an option. When you post a thread you are posting it for the whole site and therefore anyone can post. If you see any comments breaking our rules then we will remove them and any persistent offenders may see their accounts banned. Deleting a thread and reposting it again over and over would be considered as a spam technique — just because you don’t agree with the opinions posted doesn’t mean you should delete/repost multiple times.

@antdickens

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@antdickens
I see.
I apologize if I deleted my own thread for three times. 😓
I will be careful with my actions.

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

Is there a pc gameing site on the list of sites on here

Ninfan

FishyS

I know there has occasionally been discussion of having player-reviews linked to the game page on NintendoLife which would be great.

Assuming the above is not about to happen, how about a 'game reviews' category on the forum as a less formal alternative? People occasionally drop reviews in the 'games you recently beat' thread and a few other random places, but having an official spot for player reviews to live would be convenient and make them easier to find.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Fizza

Adding onto what @FishyS suggested, I think having a 'favourite game on a Nintendo console' portion on your profile (underneath stuff like Date Joined, Location, Website, etc.) would be a nice little touch that lets people know what kind of games you're into.

For a more visual example, I made a quick mockup for what something like this could look like
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

@Fizza That's actually an awesome idea you had. I'm not sure how often people visit each others' Nintendo Life profiles, but it would likely give more of an incentive to do so. Maybe a personal top 5 game list or something.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Eel

I’ve noticed the page tends to be weird on my iPad when I go vertical/portrait mode.

The page changes to resemble the mobile version, but the menu drawer at the top of the page gets glitched and only shows the “Manage Topics” option, so any other option you would normally get in mobile mode is lost, and you need to switch back to landscape mode to get the desktop-style menus back.

It’s an iPad Air 4 in case that means anything.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

antdickens

@FishyS I'm actually still very keen to get some kind of user-review system happening. The biggest issue is around how we verify someone is posting a fair/valid review and not just making it up to review-bomb/spam etc. There will need to be a certain barrier to entry to avoid it being misused. Any thoughts?

@Fizza the 'Games' part of the profile kind of does this, you can see what games someone likes by what they have rated games... I think we would likely expand that side of things rather than having a user select a specific 'favourite'. Interesting idea though!

@Eel yeah there is some oddness with rotating, especially on tablets, it will get better the next time we have a big design refresh... promise!

@antdickens

Rambler

@antdickens
50+ posts in non-off topic forums before you are allowed to post a review?

Rambler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic