Forums

Topic: The New Art Academy artwork

Posts 301 to 320 of 332

Shiromikio

Hello again, everyone, sorry I haven't been around the thread much, busy days and more games than I've time for (sorry Morphtroid! Glad to see you finally got NAA though.) I'll try to look in occasionally.

Dinsdale: Wonderful painting! I particularly like the mix of colours for the earth and fauna, and the suggestion of water movement.

akiraken: I like the Bengal tiger painting. Good job with the crisp edges in both the tiger and chimp paintings.

Edited on by Shiromikio

Shiromikio

MisterGiygas

I scanned a few pages of this thread (I haven't been on this forum in nearly 3 years), and I love seeing so many people embrace art through Art Academy. I think anyone who takes the time to draw and paint is winning by expressing their own image.

I chose Art Academy for 3DS over games like New SMB2 and Paper Mario because I've got such a recently newfound passion for art, and AA is the perfect tool to improve my artistic skill. I had experience with the DSiWare version of AA and I knew I had to get the new version. The colored pencil set is awesome.

I haven't used it as much as I'd liked, but that's mainly because I feel like I've hit a block in terms of getting better. I haven't had the patience to go through the lessons, and I haven't even made it past the tulip. Sad, I know. If anyone has any advice, I'd be thankful because I'm tired of being stubborn.

Here's some of the pieces I've made since I got the game a few weeks ago.

Untitled
Untitled
Female Ranma from Ranma 1/2.
This was based on an original image from the anime (below my version), but I swerved a bit and did it "my way", particularly with the colored pencils.

Untitled
Akane Tendo, also from Ranma 1/2. This one's original, although I used a picture of her for reference and inspiration.

Untitled

You know what, I have know clue what this is supposed to be. Looks like some kind of "style monster".

I love seeing so many people posting their work. I'm interested in registering some of you to share art and lessons with. I've got the codes for Wann, Rugrats777, ObiWan95, Morphtroid, and KaiserGX registered on my system. If you would like for me to register you, by all means let me know. My code's in my signature. If you take the time to add me, I'd be really grateful.

This thread rocks. So many kind and talented people! Let's keep it going! (And sorry for the superlong post!)

KaiserGX wrote:

Untitled

This is concept for a story I am doing.

That's excellent! Unrestrained imagination and very cute. Wonderful work.

Edited on by MisterGiygas

3DS Code: 5429 - 7207 - 1556
Brad

http://boobradsplace.blogspot.com/ << My blog, where I post my art-related happenings. All comments appreciated!
Do you like bizarre (and I mean bizarre) humor? Please give my Youtube Channel a try: http://www.youtube.com/user/MisterGi...

akiraken
Waann

@Kein Vraiment très joli, tout ça !
@MisterGiygas Hello! Very nice work, I really like your Ranma. I know I'm very late, but I've added you as a friend. I'd be happy to exchange drawings and lessons with you if you want.

I haven't been very active because of university. But I'm almost done with that, so I'll start drawing again soon.
Nintendo sent a new free lesson. I find it more interesting than the Titeuf lesson. It's by Juanjo Guarnido, the artist of Blacksad (a film noir-style, gorgeous-looking comic), and it teaches you how to draw its protagonist. It's still in French, but I can send it to anyone interested!

Edited on by Waann

Please correct me if I write something weird: English is not my native language. ;)
Colors!3D Username: Waann

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7214-5346 | Nintendo Network ID: FormuleWaann

ramstrong

My Art Academy Skydrive directory
Includes both original and New art academy pics.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

akiraken

Waann wrote:

@Kein Vraiment très joli, tout ça !
@MisterGiygas Hello! Very nice work, I really like your Ranma. I know I'm very late, but I've added you as a friend. I'd be happy to exchange drawings and lessons with you if you want.

I haven't been very active because of university. But I'm almost done with that, so I'll start drawing again soon.
Nintendo sent a new free lesson. I find it more interesting than the Titeuf lesson. It's by Juanjo Guarnido, the artist of Blacksad (a film noir-style, gorgeous-looking comic), and it teaches you how to draw its protagonist. It's still in French, but I can send it to anyone interested!

Oh Waan, ça fait si longtemps ! Merci Merci.

akiraken

Waann

Hello!
@ramstrong Great drawings! I especially like the bear.
@akiraken Génial ! J'aime beaucoup tes dessins de desserts, très appétissants.

I've had some free time lately, and that means more Art Academy (well, mostly more Fire Emblem, but also more Art Academy).

I've done the Blacksad lesson. Here's the result:
Untitled

A drawing of a character of mine... Not that good, I think I like the unfinished version better.
Untitled

And a new self-portrait. I did one back in September and it looked really weird. Now that I've gotten more used to the tools, I decided to try it again.
Untitled

Enjoy, and thanks for looking!

Edited on by Waann

Please correct me if I write something weird: English is not my native language. ;)

Waann

Hey there, it's me again. Two new paintings from me:

Untitled
A flying saucer that was displayed in my train station.

Untitled
And this is a village I visited last summer, seen from the top of a castle.

The next Spotpass lesson will be by Melody Severns, who created "Girls Drawing Girls", and it will focus on pin-ups. It should come out in Autumn. And now I know why there have been lessons exclusive to France: it's thanks to Arludik, an art gallery in Paris that has been putting artists in touch with Nintendo.

Lalivero

Nice ones though I really love that last village!

...formerly - Chriiis

Switch FC: SW-6037-8910-2517

Switch Friend Code: SW-6037-8910-2517

Harrison_Peter

I've never been good at drawing/painting etc, but you lot are making me want to try this software. Bravo, some amazing stuff in here!

"We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers." - Carl Sagan

3DS Friend Code: 4055-3525-4443

Twitter:

Harrison_Peter

I've never been good at drawing/painting etc, but you lot are making me want to try this software. Bravo, some amazing stuff in here!

"We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers." - Carl Sagan

3DS Friend Code: 4055-3525-4443

Twitter:

Skyboxer

Just got this and was wondering if they still send out free lessons via SpotPass?
Would have loved to have had the Goomba Lesson !

Edited on by Skyboxer

Skyboxer

3DS Friend Code: 4441-8987-4679 | Nintendo Network ID: SkyboxerOS

MisterGiygas

Waann wrote:

I am sorry for being late to respond to this.

Thank you very much for your compliment on my art (same goes for KaiserGX). I also saw the comment you left on my blog and I also greatly appreciate that.

It kills me to say that I am unable to register any friends due to the fact that I am 3DS-less at the moment, because of unusual circumstances. When I get it back, though, I'll be sure to fix that.

@akiraken Very cute panda. I really like the low-key colors; I think it gives it a unique atmosphere.

Edited on by MisterGiygas

3DS Code: 5429 - 7207 - 1556
Brad

http://boobradsplace.blogspot.com/ << My blog, where I post my art-related happenings. All comments appreciated!
Do you like bizarre (and I mean bizarre) humor? Please give my Youtube Channel a try: http://www.youtube.com/user/MisterGi...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic